提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

22#
發表於 07-3-20 09:23 |只看該作者

Re: QBS P.1 interview 是怎樣的?

23#
發表於 07-3-20 09:55 |只看該作者

Agree very much with christf.  Discipline in ESF schools is quite good, maybe QBS is a bit stricter, but it is necessary for the teachers to control discipline to ensure that students can really benefit from their classroom learning.  They are also taught to respect people, protect the environment, etc.  

However, I also notice that some British teachers in ESF schools are quite cool, quite different from US/ Canadians/ Australians, it may be a cultural thing.

24#
發表於 07-3-20 15:28 |只看該作者

Christf,

Thank you so much.

Ruby

25#
發表於 07-3-20 16:31 |只看該作者

Yes, he skips K2 and K3.  Directly from Vic KG K1 to QBS P1.

And I TOTALLY AGREE with christf.  

My email have problem, please pm me instead of email.  Many thanks.

26#
發表於 07-3-20 16:43 |只看該作者

Hi all

As a parent of QBS, I totally agree with Christf. Zone of QBS is quiet big compare with other ESF primary school in HK island. I don't know QBS is easy or hard to get in but some fo my friends worried about their kids can't have the place of QBS, they present another address to apply other zone school even they live in QBS zone. They told me that QBS is quiet hard to have the place and they want to make sure their kids have place so they apply other one such as Bradbury and Kennedy(It's not meant those school are more easy to get in). QBS students not only from North Point  but also from Taikooshing ,Hang Fa Chuen, Jardine's Lookout(I think most of them is middle class). According to school record, students come from over 54 countries and 14 languages of course major is Chinese(local or return).

I agree that QBS's teachers are so straight but not meant they are not nice and good. About discipline, I think that the kids have to obey some rule and regulation even parents. QBS set a good example to the students such as all the kids have line up and hand with one partner to the classroom every morning and line up to take school bus, etc. America education is more fee but British one is more discipline. I don't want be a Hotel guest of school and teachers like a servant.

Just remind that QBS will run PYP in the coming September.

27#
發表於 07-3-20 21:03 |只看該作者

I don't know why ITSE can skips K2 and K3. Directly from Vic KG K1 to QBS P1. As finished the local K1, the age of the child is less than 4yrs8months. ESF will not accept that.
     [quote]

28#
發表於 07-3-21 00:58 |只看該作者

North Point is the closest, the biggest area and the most densely populated among all the places within the zone. You can literally count the number of local vs foreign students in particular class in QBS (as oppose to Glenealy, Bradbury, Peak) to infer the relative English fluency of the applicant pool and hence the relative easiness of being accepted, bearing in mind that the highest priority is given to student native in English and not speaking Chinese at all.

The high rejection of QBS does not mean that it is difficult to get in. It means that there are relatively large amount of unqualified applicants who may not even speak a full sentence of English want to try their luck. For a kid master fair amount of English, it is indeed more easy to get into QBS as oppose to, say Peak, Glenealy, Bradbury and even Kennedy (where many foreigners living in Bel Air and Pokfulam sent their kids to)  

christf 寫道:
School Zone of QBS:

Zone: Wanchai from the east of Garden Road/Cotton Tree Drive (up to the northern boundary of Stubbs Road/Queen’s Road East), the north side of Happy Valley  and Causeway Bay (includes Boardwood Road, Link Road, Ventris Road and Leighton Hill) and all the Causeway Bay hotels. Tai Hang Road, Jardine’s Lookout and Mount Butler, North Point, Shaukeiwan, Chai Wan, Shek O, Red Hill, Turtle Cove and Tai Tam. Tai Tam Road to the junction with Stanley Gap Road and Stanley Village Road to include The Manhattan, Faber Court, Belgravia Heights, Blue Waters and Tai Tam Gardens.

North Point is one one of the many regions covered!!!

Bradbury also takes 120 students & Kennedy even takes150 students.  Not to say those ESF primary in Kowloon side which take students not less than QBS.

Do you think Sheung Wan and Kenendy Town, ..etc,
have more foreigners ?

29#
發表於 07-3-21 01:36 |只看該作者

christf,

I guess you are the one with your kid quit QBS and move to GSIS, aren't you. I remember that your boy complained QBS teachers of being very harsh and with very loud voice. So why teachers use loud voice and harsh - for classroom control and this is another way of discipline control. Then do you think being harsh to a 5 year old kid is a good thing to do?

Certain discipline is fine but underwear rule, holding hands to go into the classroom are all unnecessary. Why kid has to repsect to the school uniform? Are kid supposed to respect to the people and the classmate instead? Why kid has to hold hands? What is the purpose behind this? Can just line up to get into the classroom be enough?

Extreme discipline promotes absolute obedient for no reason and in many cases, people under strict disciplinary binding cannot even question the authority who set the rules. Of course, kid can have both discipline and creativity but creativity definitely does not result from discipline and confidence definitely does not result from obedient.

30#
發表於 07-3-21 10:53 |只看該作者

I think this is time for me to shut my mouth to share my own opinion.  We just want to post what we experienced for some people who want to know.

Even though some guys challenge the matters what I (we) posted.  

If TeddyBear2006 has a lot of input about QBS, or I suggested BK members can ask TeddyBear2006 for her prestige opinion.  

If you guys don't like QBS, just change another schools and quit the application.

Anyway, I like this school and felt proud of my boy can get into ESF QBS.

Hope christf agree the above.

ltse

31#
發表於 07-3-21 11:02 |只看該作者

Under the school policy, Year 1 pupils should meet 5 years old at the end of Year.

And for the local K1, the age is including the big boy & small boy.  Big boy means who was born at year end of last year, so of course, ESF could accept the K1 big boy from local kindergarten.  

32#
發表於 07-3-21 13:24 |只看該作者

Hi All:

I'm so surprise that Donald T or King Arthur joint this forum. Why someone so clear about the population allocation and ESF admission?

We don't care about how many foreigners(As my knowledge, foreigners means not local Chinese or the one who have Permanent ID, so Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Philippines, Thai, German, French, American, India…. whose temporary live in Hong Kong) in the zone in fact not too many Western in Hong Kong , we just want to know how many qualified kids pass the Interview and have a place. ESF don't accept the one who can’t meet the basic criteria(all ESF is same). That’s enough. Who care the % of foreigners in the school, may be someone…, CIS also have great portion Chinese in the School, it's mean the school not good?   

Discipline is so important for the kids. Hand to hand to the classroom just let the kids love, share and help each others. Line up is the basic discipline that we have to let the kids to know even in Kinder, students still need to line up to restroom. May be no one teach you ….. (what are pretty).

Christf, don't worry about the challenge. My kids passed the Interview of GSIS and they also offered the place but I rejected(Do you remember that I also wrote somethings on your topic). Everyone can read the old topic of Christ(GSIS vs QBS), and know all the fact why Christf choose GSIS at final.

Itse, don't quit from forum. All parents want to share not challenge except someone.

Finally, we need to teach our kids that don't look down some one who live in North Point and from Mainland China even some not good living area. We have to teach the kids equal, fare, share, love and some necessary discipline.

Thanks

33#
發表於 07-3-21 19:53 |只看該作者

For example, admission to P1 in 2007 Sept, the pupils should born in 1 Jan 2002 – 31 Dec 2002. That means that in the Sept 2007, the boys/girls are 4 yrs 8 months(31 Dec 2002) to 5 yrs 8 months (1 Jan 2002). Which is the same age as the child enter K3 in local school. It is impossible for a child entering ESF P1 after completion of K1 in local kinder.

ITSE, pls don’t misunderstand that I’m challenging you. I just want to know more about some shoutcut path entering ESF. Do your son enter ESF after the term commence a while? And what is your son’s b-day?

Thanks.

34#
發表於 07-3-21 20:24 |只看該作者

For example, a boy was born on dec 28, 2002, then the boy can choose to study K1 to be a big boy in  or study in K2 be a small boy in Term 2006-7.  But no matter the boy studies K1 or K2 in local kindergarten.  He is 5 years old in 2007, then, of course, he can fulfill the requirement to apply ESF P1.

35#
發表於 07-3-21 21:21 |只看該作者

Dear Itse,

It's so lucky that your son got accepted by QBS Y1 at such a young age. He must be very smart. My girl was born in Nov. and she is the big girl in class.

Since your son didn't study K2 and K3, can he follow the syllabus in P.1, such as Maths.? Did QBS arrange any course for him to catch up with the others ?

Also, does he still have after school activities? And where did he have the Phonics class? What Phonics was it, Letterland or Jolly Phonics? I'm looking for a good Phonics course for my girl. Could you please tell me where your son took the English Phonics? Thanks a lot?

Junmom

36#
發表於 07-3-21 22:11 |只看該作者

-  Actually, I posted some input about junmom's question.  But now, I deleted and modified my input which I posted yesterday night.  I think ask the expect - TeddyBear2006.  She must tell you a lot of her/his GREAT opinion. -

Sorry.

37#
發表於 07-3-21 22:43 |只看該作者

Noone said more foreigners=good school and nobody care about the number of foreigners in school. It is just a very valid reason why QBS is relatively easy to get in and offer a simply answer to someone who has raised the question here.

It is only that for the specific admission criteria of ESF, ESF school with more native English speaking implies it is more difficult for Chinese students to get in. Why it is so difficult to understand such a simple reasoning.

Modern education advocates love and caring, understand the needs of children rather than unilaterally imposing some confusing rules. Noone here can even answer why the collar of underwear must not be exposed. Is asking to hold hands means love and share?  What actually is shared may just be the bacteria. It is different from children holding hands by their own. Harsh and talking loud for simple classroom control even has more impacts on shaping the emotion of the child and the child's attitude to the school and teachers.

All the time, parent thinks that the school is good because it is the kind of good school in their minds. It is basically meaningless if you are proud of the school or not. The only thing matter is whether your kid is proud of it. If they do, congratulation, you have found a good school. If they do not, like the boy of Christf, there is no reason for the parent to love it since at the very least, your kid did not have a happy schooling at that particular school.

Make sense?

38#
發表於 07-3-22 10:20 |只看該作者

Hi Teddybear2006,

Welcome you to teach us how to select and define what is a good school.

Would you let us know which school your son is studying now?

39#
發表於 07-3-22 12:25 |只看該作者

40#
發表於 07-3-22 12:41 |只看該作者

Come on!  Don't be a bunch of nosey QBS parents.   

Choosing schools for kids are the right of parents.  We should stop expressing any of our comments to prevent further criticism.  

You like it, try get the kids in.  You don't like it, just don't bother!  

:-D
‹ 上一主題|下一主題