搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 QBS P.1 interview 是怎樣的?
查看: 7979|回覆: 46
go

QBS P.1 interview 是怎樣的? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-3-14 11:32 |只看該作者

QBS P.1 interview 是怎樣的?

我兒甥下星期去QBS interview, 之前係put左佢在waiting list. 我家姐想知interview的情況, 老師會問mug, 小朋友in a group的話玩什麼? 家長會被問嗎?? 請分享. 謝謝.

2#
發表於 07-3-15 14:25 |只看該作者

Re: QBS P.1 interview 是怎樣的?

My boy is studying in QBS in Year 1.  As I submitted the application form late in Jan (Normally, the form is submitted on Sept....).  Then I got the reply of waiting list.  Actually I had not received the letter as I moved, I called to school in March and checked the result, they said the letter posted to Feb, then they faxed to reply letter to me.  Until May/June, I got a call from QBS to call my boy to have interview.  Actually, I havn't practiced with him for such interview, as they called us on Friday, and the interview was scheduled on the coming Monday.  

That day afternoon, the teacher called ~6 pupils (incl. some Korean, Japanese and British) with my boys to other room for around 1 hour interview.  My husband & I were waiting at lobby office for 1 hr.  After 1 hour, my boy was very happy to come back to meet us.  He said the teacher called him to draw a pictures and played the puzzels.  And the teacher asked him what he drew & some family background questions, etc...  

I think the teacher tests the kids' communication skills and observed the attitude whether is cooperative or not??

Hope the above can help u.

My email have problem, please pm me instead of email.  Many thanks.

3#
發表於 07-3-16 10:06 |只看該作者

ltse,

Thanks a lot for your detailed info.

May_Mom

4#
發表於 07-3-16 10:42 |只看該作者

ltse,

My sister would like to know more abt QBS. May I have your response on these questions if you have some time:

1. how many chinese lessons per week? are they taught in simplified chinese & putonghua?
2. what's the ratio of chinese/western kids?
3. how's school life? does your son enjoy to go to school?
4. how do u feel about the teachers? are they nice to kids?
5. is there any interview for parents?
6. anything to share?

Thank you very much!

May_Mom

5#
發表於 07-3-16 11:28 |只看該作者

1.  2 lessons a week, they teaches simplified chinese & putonghua.
2.  ~29 pupils per class, 50% chinese, 30% Korean & Japanese and 20% western kids
3.  He enjoys the schoollife, and I felt he changes to big boy suddenly, as he pretends interdepently than before.
4.  I felt the school and the teachers are quite harsh compare with other IS
5.  No interview for parents

6#
發表於 07-3-16 14:52 |只看該作者

Itse,
Hope to know more about this:
4. I felt the school and the teachers are quite harsh compare with other IS

Why do u have this feeling? Can you tell me some examples to explain why you feel they're harsh? Do you mean they give pressure to kids? or not kind personality?

Thanks.

7#
發表於 07-3-17 21:44 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

8#
發表於 07-3-18 09:41 |只看該作者

Then what is the difference between QBS and local school that I would like my kid to run away from?

christf 寫道:
QBS is very famous in its straight discipline. If any student does not behave properly, e.g. chatting with others when the teacher is talking, does not sit properly such as lying down or too much body movement, day-dreaming and not concentrate in the class, etc., the student will be required to time-out by sitting at the back, standing at the side or back of the classroom or even standing at the corridor outside the classroom, etc. for a few minutes.

The speaking tone of the teachers is quite harsh in handling the students with those improper behaviour.

[quote]
MAY_MOM 寫道:
Itse,
Hope to know more about this:
4. I felt the school and the teachers are quite harsh compare with other IS

Why do u have this feeling? Can you tell me some examples to explain why you feel they're harsh? Do you mean they give pressure to kids? or not kind personality?

Thanks.
[/quote]

9#
發表於 07-3-18 21:48 |只看該作者

10#
發表於 07-3-19 12:04 |只看該作者

I remembered my sons wore the white underwear under the shirt, the school complained that the white collar can't shown up under the shirt.  So, my boy refused to wear the white underwear everyday.  

And I picked my boy from the school and met the class teacher.  I wanted to chat with her few words about my boy, but she refused it and called me to write my boy's schoolbook to make an appointment, if not she can't talk to me about my boy's performance, even chatting.

But anyway, my boy loves the school.

ltse

11#
發表於 07-3-19 12:30 |只看該作者

12#
發表於 07-3-19 13:19 |只看該作者

Hi Itse,

So you only waited for about 6 months to enter QBS P.1.  Did your son study in ESF kindergarten before he goes to QBS? Does your son only speak English?

13#
發表於 07-3-19 15:02 |只看該作者

Dear All,

Where is the QBS school?  Is it under ESF?
Thanks

14#
發表於 07-3-19 15:49 |只看該作者

QBS = ESF Quarry Bay School.

For the underwear problem, now, I'm always shopping everywhere to locate some navy blue color underwear for him, even though the collar shown up as the teacher seems the underwear is PE shirt.  You know my boy has some slightly Esthma, so I always want to protect his neck to avoid he get cold at school.  (but of course, I will not choose the turtle-neck for him, right!!)

Actually I havn't specially wait for QBS indeed, as I forgot I submitted to application form to QBS.  My son studyed in Victoria kindergarten for PN & K1 only, then transferred to QBS P1.  He speaks Cantonese at home but attended the After-school Activities - English Phonics and Painting Class which conducting in English before he entered into QBS.

15#
發表於 07-3-19 16:43 |只看該作者

Itse and christf,

I heard that QBS is relatively easier to get in when compared to other ESF schools in the Island side ? Do you think it's true ?

Also, I want to ask if QBS is running IB now ? And, how many Chinese lessons per week ?

Thanks
Ruby

16#
發表於 07-3-19 17:42 |只看該作者

17#
發表於 07-3-19 17:53 |只看該作者

I havn't heard about QBS is more easier to enter than other ESF school.  But I heard more case for rejected, even studying from international kindergarten.  I THINK they're quite concentrate on children's personality during interview.

18#
發表於 07-3-19 20:37 |只看該作者

Your son transfered from Vic KG K1 directly to QBS P.1? So where did he study K2 and K3? And where did he attend the after-school activities? Is it good? I'm looking for Phonics courses for my daughter.

19#
發表於 07-3-19 21:51 |只看該作者

There is a very valid reason why QBS is relatively easy to get in.

1) QBS takes in roughly 120 students a year. One of the largest amount all ESF.

2) Resident in North Point is mainly local and Mainland Chinese. Even in Braemar Hill, you won't see too many foreigners. Therefore the group of 1st priority is relatively small and more seats for 2nd and 3rd priority.

ltse 寫道:
I havn't heard about QBS is more easier to enter than other ESF school.  But I heard more case for rejected, even studying from international kindergarten.  I THINK they're quite concentrate on children's personality during interview.

20#
發表於 07-3-19 22:11 |只看該作者

I actually hold quite a bit different opinion. Strict discipline does not have to be a good thing for kids. The rule for the underwear is one good example. The time out thing for speaking up is another wrong treatment that kids may then be shy away from speaking in the public.

Each parent may have different expectation from their kid. Some may think that a obedient boy is good but I would think a confident and creative boy is even better.  Kid will grow up and if they do not like to be bound by unnecessary disciplines, even they obey the teachers now, there is a good chance that they will be indiscipline  when they grow up. I myself probably is one of the vivid example :

christf 寫道:

QBS concerns very much on class and school discipline which is good for the students. That is why the discipline of QBS students are in general better than other IS and even other ESF schools.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題