教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Earth Village
發新帖
查看: 1240|回覆: 6
go

Earth Village [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-3-3 23:17 |只看該作者

Earth Village

Anyone have experience with Earth Village's mandarin program?

2#
發表於 07-3-5 14:40 |只看該作者

Re: Earth Village

My boy is studying in Earth Village in Mandarin every Wednesday.  He studys there for 2 months.  More homework needs to do.  For myself, I like more chinese writing than nothing.  I know they will teach the workbook and do some writing in the 1.5 hrs lesson and plus dictation to make sure the child remember the words.  But the place quite far away from my home.
My email have problem, please pm me instead of email.  Many thanks.

3#
發表於 07-3-5 15:00 |只看該作者

Itse,

Do you think it's effective?  Is the teacher good?

ltse 寫道:
My boy is studying in Earth Village in Mandarin every Wednesday.  He studys there for 2 months.  More homework needs to do.  For myself, I like more chinese writing than nothing.  I know they will teach the workbook and do some writing in the 1.5 hrs lesson and plus dictation to make sure the child remember the words.  But the place quite far away from my home.

4#
發表於 07-3-5 20:21 |只看該作者

Heard from my friend whose daughter studied before: A lot of writing work, teachers are not nice and always been changed.
I have no experience with this centre personally.

5#
發表於 07-3-6 11:20 |只看該作者

My boy just attends for ~ 2 months, seems lots of homework, but I havn't heard any complaints from my boy.  Last week, I tried to ask him to dictating the chinese word of 是, he can & can make a sentence of such word in Mandarin.  My boy is studying in Grade 1.  And K1 before Grade 1.  So not much Chinese words he know and write.

ltse
My email have problem, please pm me instead of email.  Many thanks.

6#
發表於 07-3-7 12:08 |只看該作者

My boy had studied in this centre for three months.

Observation:
1) use HK local school textbook as material.
2) teach traditional text
3) emphasis on Chinese character writing
4) Not cheap in view of the hourly rate and the teacher-student ratio
5) Mandarin as media but my boy claimed that Cantonese was used too.
6) quite commercial
7) Teachers are ok but not great
:-D :-D :-D :-D

7#
發表於 07-3-7 14:05 |只看該作者

My daughter started composition class recently.A taiwanese friend highly recommended the composition class to me saying they know how to teach a method for organising an essay.So far, all I can say is that The teacher has a slight Taiwanese-fukienese accent which I am willing to accept . The teacher did not use any cantonese in class and there was another boy (in P4 , presumably in IS) only. My daughter is in P2 local school.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題