教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Local or International Kindergarten
發新帖
查看: 329|回覆: 0
go

Local or International Kindergarten

發表於 07-3-3 22:03 |顯示全部帖子

Local or International Kindergarten

Hi Everyone,

Just try to get some advise from everyone.

We are (both me and my hubby) parents grew up in overseas. My chinese is conversational level ( I can read some but can't write) and my hubby doesn't speak any chinese at all.

My son is going to a nursery class in an international kindergarten right now and he meant to have 2 days a week of chinese class and he somehow pick up a few words of chinese. We have already reserved a place for him for K1 next year.

However, both me and my hubby want him to learn more chinese while we are living in HK now and I think by letting him stay in the current kindergarten would not help him in learning more chinese (although the K1 class would have more time for chinese class then nursery) as most of the kids don't speak and use chinese that much in school.

I am thinking of pulling him out and put him in a local kindergarten for a year or two. I know it would be very hard for him as charging school environment and the most important of all is he doesn't understand much chinese.

We are a family that english is mostly used. My hubby and helper both speak english and I am the only person speak chinese to him. Therefore, he has a preferred language--english.

How ironic that I know most people in HK try to let their kids to be exposed more in english and I am having a problem that he needs more of a chinese environment.

Any Ideas?