用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF Eductional Services Ltd provide after class Engl ...
發新帖
查看: 1091|回覆: 7
go

ESF Eductional Services Ltd provide after class English course. How is it? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-2-25 23:56 |只看該作者

ESF Eductional Services Ltd provide after class English course. How is it? Any c

Would those course is mainly offer to local school's kids?

2#
發表於 07-2-26 19:20 |只看該作者

Re: ESF Eductional Services Ltd provide after class English course. How is it? A

lemontrees 寫道:
Would those course is mainly offer to local school's kids?

Well it offer to all children!

In my son's class, 3-5 years old, have 10 students in total (I guess 1 Taiwan and 1 Korean and the rest is Hong Kong)! But I don't know weather they from Local / IS!

MarcusD

3#
發表於 07-2-26 22:23 |只看該作者

Re: ESF Eductional Services Ltd provide after class English course. How is it? A

My niece attended to one of the English courses a couple of years ago.
I have been there (it was Bradbury School) a few times with her for the course. From the fluency of their Cantonese and the contents of their conversation and I think over almost all the children attending the classes were from local schools (my niece was from local school too); except a few western kids who spoke German or French.
I think by looking at the way ESF market their English cources, they are mainly for local school children.
It all depends on your expectation. I would not say the classes were not useful, but don't expect too much. Just treat it as some afterschool fun activities. My niece loved the classes and enjoyed it very much (except the mosquitoes around the campus at that time).
However, if you are practical and are really looking for some productive English courses, those ESF courses are not to consider.

4#
發表於 07-2-26 23:12 |只看該作者

Hi Naoko

I've considered to send my 5 years old boy to an ESF english course to get him ready for G1 in an IS. If it is not really productive, I may try somewhere else. Do you know anywhere is offering English langauge course which can really provide an English speaking environment?

5#
發表於 07-2-26 23:20 |只看該作者

international kindergarten, I guess ESF english course only few days a week. Why not IS kinder if you are heading to IS G1.

6#
發表於 07-2-26 23:26 |只看該作者

My son is studying in a local school with quite high level of English but it is still not enough to be studying in an all English environment.

7#
發表於 07-2-27 11:55 |只看該作者

The course in ESF will do some art work like paper cutting and paste, pottery making, drawing, snack time and story time. There is a native speaking teacher and a Chinese teaching assistant. Since my boy is young, I am not sure is it productive or not. But he likes it!

I think most native children will not take after class English Course! That makes sense isn’t it!

If you wants to prepare your son for a full English Environment. May be you should consider joining few classes in a week (to maximize the exposure)! And the class size, smaller is better! Also read with him is very helpful too!

8#
發表於 07-2-27 16:20 |只看該作者

leegbd 寫道:
Hi Naoko

I've considered to send my 5 years old boy to an ESF english course to get him ready for G1 in an IS. If it is not really productive, I may try somewhere else. Do you know anywhere is offering English langauge course which can really provide an English speaking environment?

Sorry, I do not know of any good language course.
But since your child would be going to G1 this year, I think that you should wait to see how it goes after he enters G1. Then, you might be able to see which is his weak spot and see what kind of courses he needs.

Not many IS children (especially G1 children) need extra English classes after school.  Most children that do are mainly going for writing classes, and that is probably for G3 and up. May be you worry too much?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題