搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 any suggestion?
查看: 3451|回覆: 23
go

any suggestion? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-2-19 21:53 |只看該作者

any suggestion?

Hello everyone,i know all the parents in "Internation School" forum are sending their kids to IS.I also want to send my nephew to IS. However i don't have such financial ability to do it.Since i am only a university student therefore i dont know how i can support him.You may ask why i am so care of him,this is because he have been living with me since he born.I treat him like he is my own son.His mother is a very careless women and his father is a selfish men who dont spend money on his kid.

i feel very helpless that i cant improve my nephew living standard.i want to give him the better life.
Do you have any suggestion that i can support him?

2#
發表於 07-2-19 23:24 |只看該作者

Re: any suggestion?

How old is your nephew?
Why do you want to send him to IS?
What kind of education are you expecting from IS?

3#
發表於 07-2-20 00:36 |只看該作者

papeepyaa ,
不一定要送他到國際學校才算是''improve his living standard/give him the better life.''如真的負擔不起國際學校的學費,可按他性格、喜好及程度送他入讀適合他的直資私校讀書 .
我姪仔姪女都係無人理. 一個月搵幾萬但請個補習老師,比小朋友學跳ballet 都話貴唔請/唔比學,學琴都係我教..

你住邊區?小朋友幾多歲?一個月可afford到幾多?等我地幫你計計
做人至緊要開開心心 :-D

4#
發表於 07-2-20 11:31 |只看該作者

Hi papeepyaa,

You are a great aunt/uncle indeed. But I am afraid it may not work even your financial situation is getting improve. You will have your own child and your nephew is having parents will say this say that to prove you were doing the wrong things.

I agree with other parents,  IS is not = improving living standard. Local school children + parents are also striving very hard to succeed and you are one of the good example I believe.

5#
發表於 07-2-20 14:04 |只看該作者

Usually, i dont care what other people say. I have heard many time that"he is not your son, you don't need to take so much care of him"but what can i do when i see his parents is not taking their responsibility.
Actually, my nephew is not chinese so he can't study in local school because he only knew few chinese.he is a very shy boy and i believe that  study in IS can make him more confident.i want him study joyfully.He will turn to 5 years old this year.I know it's a bit late for apply for year One but i won't give up untill he get in.
however i don't have any income.i dont know where to start.

6#
發表於 07-2-20 17:12 |只看該作者

ESF is the cheapest IS, but it is tooooooo late to apply to them if your nephew is turning five this year. The whole admission process is finished.

I think your only choice would be some direct subsidized schools or government schools which use English as its medium of instruction. The school fee for some DSS is cheaper and the gov't schools are free.

Download this document for all the details:

Click here ->Education for Non-Chinese Speaking Children

7#
發表於 07-2-20 22:43 |只看該作者

There won't be too late..........i will try my best to do it.Although in my mind the only opportunity is i win the mark six.
There are two target school in my mind,one is SJS and the other is RC.i know these school have start admit  students that's  why i am so  :-|
宏媽, thank you for your details document but i have made up my mind.hope my nephew will become your child classmate.

8#
發表於 07-2-20 23:03 |只看該作者

I really appreciate what you are trying to do for your nephew, but I would like to share with you my real story. Maybe after you have finished reading it, you will rethink what you have decided.

I have an uncle(my mom's brother), who is 18yrs younger than me. My grandpa dead when he was 5 years old. He is a very smart boy but all my relatives and his mother did not want to take care of him. He was sent to me when he was six. I just started to work in a primary school at that time and I have put him in my school and lived with him.

After one year, his mother (my step grandma) wanted him back. And at the same time, I decided to get marry with my husband and have my own child. His mother lived in another district so I helped him to get into another school (the best school in the district, but it's free) which is close to his home. Since then, he has a very poor school result and behavior at school. No one can help him. He failed in most of the subjects (he used to study by himself and was always in the first three position when I took care of him), he lied and stole things at home and at shops. Although I still kept contact with him and supported him financially, I am too far away from him and could not support his affective needs.

I tried my best to take care of him at that time because I love my grandpa and the boy so much. However, whenever I reflect what I have done for him, I still doubt whether what I did was really good for him or not.

Think twice before you really make up your mind. Think about how long can you take up this responsibility.

9#
發表於 07-2-20 23:33 |只看該作者

I really appreciate your love towards the nephew.

Honestly speaking, I don't think studying in international school is the only way to have a better life.

When I was a student, I didn't study in IS; instead, I studied in a local school which is quite famous and the academic standard is very high as well. Apart from acedemic development, my parents encouraged me to join different kinds of activities and volunteer work at that time. I gained lots of good experience at that time.

I still meet my old friends occassionally, and most of them have good life, happy life and have very professional career, such as working in the law or medical or financial field...

10#
發表於 07-2-20 23:40 |只看該作者

I think since u are still a student, you have to consider the financial issue as well.

Although we can afford to send my son to IS or join different playgroups, sometimes I also realize that some 'cheap' activities are also beneficial to kids.

For example, I sometimes bring my son to the park, run and play with a ball or balloon. To a kid, he is very satisfied and happy for the whole afternoon. It can also develop his little muscle, get some fresh air, learn the nature...

Another one suggestion is bringing him to the library. We started to do this since he was very young, and he is willing to get a book and read by himself. He got the reading habit, and I am sure if he continues to do this in his life, he will gain more and more knowledge which is beneficial to him in the future.

11#
發表於 07-2-21 11:45 |只看該作者

papeepyaa,

Let the HK government give you the hands, she is offering 9 years free education, in some accuted situation, extra grant $ will be given by the govt.

I saw your wordings and I could feel your iron determination, I quite admired your courage and your unconditional love even though I think you are reckless and in some way irresponsible.

To enroll into SJS or RC, you need to fill up the application form, guess you are living in N.T cos you only picked up SJS and RC, download the form from ESF website. You have to declare which one is your 1st priority, only turned down by 1st priority then you are able to join the 2nd priority waiting list. For details, pls read other threads how ESF is working on these applications.

Work with the person who is currently paying your nephew’s kinder school fees, see if the person can continue financing the SJS or RC school fees (HK 51500 per yr, 62500 for RC)

12#
發表於 07-2-21 13:27 |只看該作者

my nephew is now studying in a local type international school which his parents can subsidized from gov't.
i have already print out the ESF application form but some how i'm hesitate to fill it.i know it is a long run and would effect my nephew too.
Ribbon,i always took him to library too but i dont know why he dont like to read the book in the library.Usually we borrow the books and read together at home.
although study in IS is not the only way for "better life",however there is no doubt that student in IS have more activities ,more view.they are enjoying going to school.

13#
發表於 07-2-21 17:33 |只看該作者

why not fill and post the application ? But you said 'I won't give up until he get in'. In this point, I did not see your determination and commitment.

14#
發表於 07-2-22 01:15 |只看該作者

papeepyaa,

So, who is going to pay for the tution fees? have you talked to the one who is going to do so, and is she/he agree to send him to inter'l sch as well?

Other than inter'l sch, you can also consider private sch like 啟思 in Kln Tong and Victoria in Hk Island. They offer IB programme.

Puibb
做人至緊要開開心心 :-D

15#
發表於 07-2-22 10:24 |只看該作者

Dear Papeepyaa

Your motive is very impressive! Don’t give up!!

For the best interest of that child, you have to discuss with their parent again and again. Make sure they share the same value as you do before making any decision. No doubt in my mind that the active base teaching is a much better approach, but I recken once you started, it is hard to turn back to local school system. And every approach will have proc and con.

Be prepare for the resource in terms of financial (The gov't subsidize will only cover part of the school fees) and time. Putting a child into the international school / whatever school is just the beginning of the long term battle. It never meant to be automatic. Raise a toddler may be fun but raise a child into schooling is very demanding and drains you out completely ( there is fun part too, of course). You need back up and work closely with their parent.

ESF and RC are good, There is another school in Tai Wai(培僑書院) use active approach, English/PTW based with reasonable school fee. However it has very very close relationship with China. I don’t know how you take it but you can check it out in their home page. Also (保良局蔡繼有)/ 啟思 in Kln Tong. These schools are one of my choices apart from ESF.

Wish you luck!

16#
發表於 07-2-26 18:55 |只看該作者

from what u've written above, all i can say is that you are immature and unrealistic. first, u don't have financial ability since u r a student. 2nd, your view is too subjective and u r too young to face it.
i strongly recommend you seek some professional help. such as social worker. education experts etc.
don't make ay impulsive decision just becos u r mad or angry. who will pay the tuition fees after u put him into any IS or local private school? u sure u can handle this?
anyway, wish u all the best!!
don't forget to call social welfare dept. u and your nephew deserve to have their service. good luck.

17#
發表於 07-2-27 10:16 |只看該作者

I also thought Papeepyaa is a fictitious character.

My points are:

1) No records found in another IS topics, s/he is a new joiner.

2) As a new joiner and is U student, s/he is so familiar with IS, can tell the difference between IS and local international kindergarten.

3) So naive, unreal. What a mature U student !

I just feel s/he hides the truth, but I don't know what's his/her motivation.

18#
發表於 07-3-1 00:09 |只看該作者

excuse me,i am a real person.i know my ideal is a bit unrealistic but all i want is to see my nephew happy.i have been browse BK website for a long time,i just became a member weeks ago to post this topic.
Because of my nephew i have change my lifestyle.i have more concern on early childhood education than fashion trend. i use my pocket $to buy cloths ,toys to him and i  bring him out in my spare time.
i did research in IS because i want to know which one will be suitable for him.
Back to the financial problem, no one will help me and I can not ask social welfare for help.what can I ask?! “can you support my nephew to study in IS”maybe I can write a letter to ESF and ask them to help. On ESF website ,they have mention financial assistance ,show below
There is a Financial Assistance Scheme available for families who experience hardship due to a sudden and unexpected change in circumstances. Application forms for the scheme are available from ESF Centre. You will need to supply details of personal income to support any claim.
Unfortunately my situation is different but I think I should contact them for more information.
I posted this topic because I want to share my feelings. I feel so sad when I cant do anything. all yours comments can help me  reflection.
Thank you.

19#
發表於 07-3-1 16:17 |只看該作者

Hi papeepyaa,
I can see your courage and how brave you are at "this moment". But don't forget, to plan and to support a child's education is a long term commitment. You cannot dump him to somebody else after few months or yrs simply because u have your own career, love life, or your own familiy in the future. This is all about commitment, responsibility and devotion. No excuse, no escape, no time off for you to runaway.
I suggest u to seek professional advice not simply becos of money. Social welfare dept offers social workers to help. They've been to the worst case ever. they know how to "plan" your nephew's future at his best wishes. You are an U student. of course u r so proud of yourself cos u r the future backbone of the society. However, what u dont have is 'experience'. whatever area in the society u r just a piece of white paper. u will know after few yrs.
Anyway, I can see u have a good heart. If u really could sacrifice yourself and commit to your nephew wholely. you have the character to be a good nun. That i really admire.
best wishes!

20#
發表於 07-3-2 13:55 |只看該作者

Hi again,

I watched a documentary film last night. It's title called "The Secret". I changed my mind from what I said before.
I think You should keep in faith. Try keep thinking you want it, you want it. ANd you can have it.

You can visit: www.thesecret.tv
It could change your life
Cheers!!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題