教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Kingston VS Victoria
發新帖
查看: 2882|回覆: 8
go

Kingston VS Victoria [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-2-7 23:18 |只看該作者

Kingston VS Victoria

My younger daughter will turn to 2 years old on coming April. I'm finding the per-nursery for her, so  I want have some opinion. Thank you!
該用戶已被刪除

2#
發表於 07-2-8 00:02 |只看該作者

Re: Kingston VS Victoria

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

3#
發表於 07-2-8 10:44 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

4#
發表於 07-2-8 11:25 |只看該作者

Kingston.

5#
發表於 07-2-8 11:32 |只看該作者

Hi homeichi,

My daughter study in Kingston from 1 year old to 3 year old and then change to another international school when she is four. For me, I just said that they can provide a very good mandarin standard but for English I don't think they are very good when compare with other real international school.But if you target to local primary school I think they are enough.
   But I still appreciate their low student ratio, and they can provide a good care for the child.

6#
發表於 07-2-8 18:19 |只看該作者

Yes, Kingston really provides strong Chinese (Mandarin) learning when comparing with other international schools.  That’s why the English standard may not be as good as other international school.  But I think it all depends on your expectation.  If you don’t think Chinese is important.  Kingston may not be a good choice because the school puts much emphasis on Chinese and provides Chinese homework almost daily, even more difficult to an international school student. As for the English level, I don’t think it’s a problem if your family language is English. My niece is studying there quite enjoyable and happy. The school’s Chinese standard makes my sister not willing to transfer her kid to other schools.

7#
發表於 07-2-8 23:48 |只看該作者

From my experience, Victoria is a happy school. It is absolutely not an REAL IS. U can say that it is a hybrid kindergarten that can give you something more than a traditional kindergarten.
Although they said they aim to be an IS (adopting IB curriculum), I guess local primary school will be the major destination for their graduates in the coming years.

8#
發表於 07-2-9 22:47 |只看該作者

I think Victoria is a very good school and I don't feel it's commercial at all. My two sons go to Victoria at the age of two and both of them are speaking fluent English and Putonghua at the moment (3yrs and 5yrs). They have both developed a very positive character, love their school and enjoying learning so much. I am a teacher myself (not of Victoria), I am devoted to education myself and I have to say Victoria is offering a high quality education.

I think the major destination for Victoria parents will be their own primary and secondary school which at the same time offers IB. Parents can also have a variety of choice sending their kids to local schools (best ones)or IS.

9#
發表於 07-2-22 12:23 |只看該作者

Hi Hi...just want to share my feelings towards Victoria coz my son is now studying in K2 in its new campus situated at Homantin.  To me, it's not so commercial as many parents think.  Its school fee is  same as SC, but providing dual-masters for each class from K1 - K3 (i.e. one Eng. native speaking teacher + one Putonghua / Cantonese native speaking teacher).

Same as other students that my son is also developed in reading interests, phonics skills.  Victoria does foster my son's Putonghua also, but it depends if your kids study in Eng/Putonghua or Eng/Cantonese class.

As it is the 3rd kindergarten adopting IB in HK, so the programs are not similar as famous and traditional kindy, like SC or CCKG.  But it proves that my son's language, especially Eng and Putonghua is not bad when comparing with those studying in SC or CCKG.

The most important thing is Victoria encouraging students to show and tell in Eng or Putonghua in front of class by selecting their favourate topic(s).  It does help to improve my son's presentation skill and make him not shy in front of people. Presently, school also issued memos to parents encouraging to read newspapers with kids at home and do clippings by kids that also arouse childerns' interests in reading, not only books but also newspapers.

Regarding math, it also using special method, such as ___ red rings + ___ white rings = 7 rings.  There have several combinations that stimulate kids to think it abt, not just remember 1+1 equals 2; 2+2 equals 4...etc.  It reflects its teaching methods are  flexible that allowing kids to "think" rather than "remember".

I agree with 宏媽 that Victoria is a pretty good school that not only provides good and flexible education, but also provides happy school-life for my son.  Frankly, both I and hubby never planned to enroll my son to IB or IS for primary, but just wish my son to learn and to explore more during his first stage of learning.  Victoria does provide it for him!

All are my own feelings and wish the other parents have same as mine if their kids are also studying in Victoria.

Best wishes.   
‹ 上一主題|下一主題