教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 St. Clare's Kindergarten's Impression
發新帖
查看: 1698|回覆: 10
go

St. Clare's Kindergarten's Impression [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-2-4 16:48 |只看該作者

St. Clare's Kindergarten's Impression

I went to the school's orientation seminar on Feb 3.  I was totally impressed by the school principal, supervisor and school managers' clear vision on how to educate a child.  The two points:  first, be a rounded person according to the Christian value (I am NOT a Catholics nor a Christian), second, well versed in all important languages, Chinese, English, French and Putonghua, are indeed what we need in education.  I think a few years from, the name of St. Clare's will surely shine among other top rated primary schools.  

My daughter was accepted in St. Clare's PM and Canossian Sacred Heart PM, and most likely St. Paul Convent too.  I will choose St. Clare's over Sacret Hear and St. Paul Convent.

2#
發表於 07-2-4 23:09 |只看該作者

Re: St. Clare's Kindergarten Impression

Onsen,

Could if please share with me why you are so confident that your daughter will be accepted by St. Paul's Convent?  ......You know, SPK is really my dream school but the competition is very severe...      
Onsen 寫道:
I went to the school's orientation seminar on Feb 3.  I was totally impressed by the school principal, supervisor and school managers' clear vision on how to educate a child.  The two points:  first, be a rounded person according to the Christian value (I am Catholics or Christian), second, well versed in all important languages, Chinese, English, French and Putonghua, are indeed what we need in education.  I think a few years from, the name of St. Clare's will surely shine among other top rated primary schools.  

My daughter was accepted in St. Clare's PM and Canossian Sacred Heart PM, and most likely St. Paul Convent too.  I will choose St. Clare's over Sacret Hear and St. Paul Convent.

3#
發表於 07-2-5 09:52 |只看該作者

Good Morning,
而且在家長會當日, 令我覺得佢地會收集家長的意見再會和學校開會 ~ 在我來說, 可能我們的意見未必可能實行, 但起碼可以和佢地講下    如果在St. Paul佢地都唔知會唔會理你   
Don't worry!Be happy![/color purple]

4#
發表於 07-2-5 11:08 |只看該作者

Hello to all!

I went to the orientation day last Saturday, too.  I was so impressed by the speech which delivered by the sister, 2 ladies from 校董會 and the principal!  All of them would not only like to do their job well, but also do their job with hearts.

It was really to my surprise, their vision and mission are exactly the same with me. I always tell people I want my girl to learn 做人道理 & 待人處事 first more than to learn the ABC now.  Since I always believe this is the basic foundation and to me this is more important than the academic result in their kindergarten stage.  I also believe good language foundation can help my girl to develop a better base in her learning cycle.

In my point of view, the only drawback for St. Clare’s is it’s location since I’m not leaving in HK side……

5#
發表於 07-2-5 14:02 |只看該作者

Crabmeat Soup
May be I was too ambitious in saying what St. Paul would do (it is out of my power).  But I thought my daughter was performing as expected during the interview, followed every rule, and quietly ran back to my place and seat next to me.  I also talked to the teacher about my believe in education, a strong believe.  Oh, my daughter was very sweet and attractive too, may be that adds a bit points there.  In CSH interview, all teachers in the room were enthusiastically waved to her when leaving.  May be I am too confident.  Sorry I did hurt others' feeling.   But then if SPK counts on the parents' background, I have a lot to offer.  What more do they want from me?

The only drawback is my religion.  I am not a Catholic nor Christian.   But then SH and St. Clare's also accepted my daughter even I listed on religion to be NONE.  

Each parent has his or her objective in teaching a child.  The most important point is the fitness to your own child.  I like the teachers at St. Clare's, the Principal, and the SMC.  No, I adore them.  They are my role models now.  Also, I like that little old campus.  That gives a child the sense of humbleness, rather than boosting ones' background all the time.  To teach a child to be humble, and to serve others, are more important than learning a few words.

Oh, I am looking forward to seeing my daughter speaking French too!!!!  I used to learn French at High School and University year.  

One more thing, I respect St. Clare's because they did not interview me, unlike SH and SPK.  They only concentrate on the child, not the parents.

6#
發表於 07-2-5 14:14 |只看該作者

Re: St. Clare's Kindergarten's Impression

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

7#
發表於 07-2-5 18:42 |只看該作者

I think both Sacred Heart and St. Paul K. are excellent schools.  I especially like the teachers at SH.  When I first went to SH to submit the application form, some people were handing out the pamphlet, saying something like, "if you are not the child of God, you cannot come in", I was very upset.  No idea who choose the wording of that pamphlet.  I used to study Bible (King James version) in my high school but I am not a Christian nor Catholic.  However, I changed my opinion toward this school after seeing how nice and committed the teachers were.  But my concern is the connection to an all-day primary school.  Here, St. Clare's does deliver on that promise.

As about  St. Paul, it is a wonderful school.  The kids are very happy there.  The parents are mostly from middle upper class.  I heard from my friend that the principal is very nice.  The principal of SP primary would go to the K3 class and interview the students.  Most of them will get admitted there.  

Choosing any one of the three (SC, SH, SPK) would surely yield good result for your daughters.  

For me, St. Clare's stands out for its commitment to educate my daughter for the next 15 years.  That is not an easy one.  Besides, the parents I met at the opening are really knowledgeable.  I hope the teachers there can continue on designing their own text book, rather than submitting to the pressure of using those publishers' ones.  This is what we called academic freedom.  It is only through this freedom to teach that we can yield good results.  So, whoever suggested the teacher to use the known publisher's textbook for my kid, please stop.  Let the teachers do the walking.  

Looking forward to seeing you all in St. Clare's.

8#
發表於 07-2-5 23:21 |只看該作者

Onsen,

Thanks a lot for your advice and it is very well thought of and insightful!  Hope that your daughter will enjoy St. Clare..

Cheers,
Crabmeatsoup

9#
發表於 07-2-6 14:16 |只看該作者

Txs for all your insightful sharing !!!!
I'm also an old girl of St Clare … so nice to hear such compliments fr all and also very delighted to see so many 有心媽媽 who care and would spend time and effort to contribute to our children's education !!!!
Lilypie Baby Ticker

10#
發表於 07-2-7 11:58 |只看該作者

肥肥媽 寫道:
Txs for all your insightful sharing !!!!
I'm also an old girl of St Clare … so nice to hear such compliments fr all and also very delighted to see so many 有心媽媽 who care and would spend time and effort to contribute to our children's education !!!!

其實每位家長都想比最好的自己仔, 囡(在自己能力之內), 所以在這裡可以請教比自己有經驗的媽媽!!   
Don't worry!Be happy![/color purple]

11#
發表於 07-2-7 12:46 |只看該作者

Dear all,

I am also one of the mama who attended at the orientation last saturday.  I was appreciated of it.  However, why don't we make the final decision after attend the orientation at Sacred Heart also?!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題