搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 收到 HKPS (Kowloon Tong) 通知信請進
樓主: summa05
go

收到 HKPS (Kowloon Tong) 通知信請進 [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 07-1-11 17:29 |只看該作者

Re: 收到 HKPS (Kowloon Tong) 通知信請進

Sorry for coming late, please count me in International PM class. I will give up Victoria interview as they do not offer international class for 2-year old in Homantin. My son just started PM playgroup in Tutortime, I hope he can adjust his nap time before Preschool start.

I have 2 friends got refusal letters!! So, I think I am lucky to get one quota, may be my hard sell did work in the interview.

Update

International am class
1) sa2005
2) mandyloi
3) Lamblamb

International pm class
1) summa05
2) lamww
3) maymkleung
4) applemama

Anglo/Chinese am class
1) alberychu
2) danduscc

Anglo/Chinese pm class
1) jasonmami

42#
發表於 07-1-11 21:05 |只看該作者

KidXGallery is very good, my girl loves to go!!

lamww 寫道:
Hi,
Can I know the feedback of KidXGallery? A friend of mine is thinking to let her girl play there.

43#
發表於 07-1-13 11:39 |只看該作者

danduscc 寫道:
Dear Lamblamb,

My girl, Chloe used to go to GYM at TST (I guess that they went to the same GYM) but now we have switched to "KidXGallery", and during weekdays, she used to attend playgroup in Whampoa twice a week and now she is trying the playgroup in "GracefuXHandX" , Kids there are much older than her. She seems like it, just need some time to check if she is ok with this course.

Just wondering which playgroup is Lulube attending during weekdays?

danduscc,
Which class did Chloe attend at the gym?  Maybe they've met before!!

Lulube really enjoys the gym ah.  He's been there for nearly a year.  But we'll be switching to a course at HKCS as it's about time for a change.  I'm really looking forward to this programme as I heard from other mamis that it's very good.

He's also going to the toddler PG at Learning Habitat and one other smaller one nearby.

Lulube and Lua both weighed 3.2 kg at birth

44#
發表於 07-1-13 11:43 |只看該作者

Thanks all mamis for your comments on KM.  I suppose we'd attend the interview too then.  

Just one thing.  Do you know the ratio of native English teachers in KM?  Coz' at HKPS, there're two class teachers in each class, one a NET and the other Chinese.
How is the system like in KM?  (I read from some 天書 that 41% of teachers at HKPS are NET while KM has only got 2 NET).  Do you think that this is true?

45#
發表於 07-1-13 11:46 |只看該作者

lamww 寫道:
Hi Lamblamb,
I agree with other moms that we should still attend KM interview, so that we will gain more experience on it. In fact, I will attend the interview in Victoria (HMT) also on 3Feb07. It's a good preparation for next year.
Btw, I am interested to join the class for primary one interview preparation course. Does anyone have any information about it?
You know there are too many rumours spreading around about how the background or the musical knowledge that a kid has would influenze the chance they get into the popular school. If it does have, then we better prepare our kids earlier.  

lamww,
Thanks for your advice.
Wow!  You're really preparing in advance.  I'm kinda relieved to think that I don't have to worry about the schooling problem for half a year or so.  Haha.
I heard about Young Talents and Wise Studio which hold these interview classes.  But sorry, I don't have any extra information about them.

46#
發表於 07-1-13 11:54 |只看該作者

Lamblamb

I am existing KM's nursery parent. If your son will enrol in Int'l stream (pm class), then one of the teachers is NET, she will stay in the class for 3 hours.

I have counted it, there are total around 8-9 NETs in KM, most of them are teaching the higher classes. It is sure that a NET will be the class teacher for the Int'l stream.
**************************************** 芍妤bb 10/11/2004 在聖保祿醫院出世,體重 2.6Kg。 ****************************************

47#
發表於 07-1-13 12:36 |只看該作者

妤妤, Thanks for your detailed information!

So am I correct in saying that for the KM am class (Eng/Cantonese), there will be no NET?

As I was so 8 to read from your msg,  芍妤 will be in HKPS  this autumn?

Do you know anything about the primary school allocation for graduates from HKPS?

Sorry for bothering you with so many questions!
Thanks!

48#
發表於 07-1-16 09:54 |只看該作者

My son is on waiting list as well. :cry: ...perhaps he is 細仔, he'll be 2-year-old till Oct. How about yours ?

好羨慕有offers既mama呀,起碼個心定d呀...

49#
發表於 07-1-17 13:47 |只看該作者

Thank you ah. I will try to search on it.
Lamblamb 寫道:
[quote]
lamww 寫道:
Hi Lamblamb,
I agree with other moms that we should still attend KM interview, so that we will gain more experience on it. In fact, I will attend the interview in Victoria (HMT) also on 3Feb07. It's a good preparation for next year.
Btw, I am interested to join the class for primary one interview preparation course. Does anyone have any information about it?
You know there are too many rumours spreading around about how the background or the musical knowledge that a kid has would influenze the chance they get into the popular school. If it does have, then we better prepare our kids earlier.  

lamww,
Thanks for your advice.
Wow!  You're really preparing in advance.  I'm kinda relieved to think that I don't have to worry about the schooling problem for half a year or so.  Haha.
I heard about Young Talents and Wise Studio which hold these interview classes.  But sorry, I don't have any extra information about them.[/quote]
:-o

50#
發表於 07-1-17 13:56 |只看該作者

Hi all,

My child has not enrolled HKPS but I have a question that you may also has some concern. May I know how your child would go to school, if you do not live in Kowloon Tong? You pick him/her yourself? By maid? By school bus. If it is by school bus, would you consider if it is safe for a 2-year-old boy/girl to take the school bus/van himself/herself?

I found that it is difficult to decide whether I should let my child study near my home (i.e. walking distance only) or need transportation for a kinder with good reputation. Pls advise.

Thanks.

weewee

51#
發表於 07-1-19 14:52 |只看該作者

Hi danduscc,

May I know which program of KidXGallery your baby goes?  I joined their X'mas workshop last month but my son did not like it.

danduscc 寫道:
KidXGallery is very good, my girl loves to go!!

[quote]
lamww 寫道:
Hi,
Can I know the feedback of KidXGallery? A friend of mine is thinking to let her girl play there.
[/quote]

52#
發表於 07-1-19 14:55 |只看該作者

Hi weewee,

Are you a working mother or full-time mummy?  I am a full-time mummy, so a kinder nearby is definitely my first choice and I may consider those within 20 minutes travel as I can drive by myself.  I choose HKPS since it is a good kinder (knowing from my friends) and it is within 10 minutes walk from my home.  

53#
發表於 07-1-19 16:10 |只看該作者

summa05,

So lucky that you're able to be a full-time mum, and to live so near to the school.

weewee,

Do you live far from Kln Tong or at an acceptable distance?  My child would have to take the schoolbus too, and I do worry about that.  Of course, the best thing is to live near the school, just like summa05 lah!  But if not possible, I'd say judge between your worries of the travelling and the reputation of the school/your expectations of your own child.  

54#
發表於 07-1-19 17:18 |只看該作者

Hi Lamblamb,

I'm far away from kln tong and i'm a working mom.

I still find it difficult to judge 'cos those kinders near my home is not that satisfactory (at least to my standard). Also, my son is a small boy (end of sep 2005)...that's why I'd like to secure a K1 place in a kinder with good reputation for him in order to avoid competition next year...the only concern is travelling...only a little 2-year-old boy.....

I can ask my parents to take him there but that seems to have made too much burden to them (i've no maid at the moment; my parents take care of my son, but even having a maid in future, I don't think I'd rely on the maid to take care of my son too much)

so, you're confident that your child can take the school bus independently?

55#
發表於 07-1-19 22:28 |只看該作者

Summa05,

my baby is now attending the "Creative Movement" course, she likes it very much..

56#
發表於 07-1-19 22:39 |只看該作者

Lamblamb ,

Chloe was in the bug class when she is about 7 months old and she quit when she was about 1year and 2 months.

About the course at HKCS, is it in TST? Chloe attended as well! unfortunately she was grouped with babies who are much younger than her (she was 16 months and the others were 12/13 months!!!) and she knew almost everything they were teaching. so she quit right after the first lesson.

Also about the toddle PG at Learning Habitat? is it in LV? is it good?

Lamblamb 寫道:
danduscc,
Which class did Chloe attend at the gym?  Maybe they've met before!!

Lulube really enjoys the gym ah.  He's been there for nearly a year.  But we'll be switching to a course at HKCS as it's about time for a change.  I'm really looking forward to this programme as I heard from other mamis that it's very good.

He's also going to the toddler PG at Learning Habitat and one other smaller one nearby.

57#
發表於 07-1-19 22:51 |只看該作者

Hi weewee,

我都好明白固中既難處,不如考慮下星期六自己帶小朋友返九龍塘既Playgroup, 我姪仔都係兩歲開始返Anfield,淨係返星期六下午,佢都冇讀兩歲班,結果 St. Cath,根德園同培正都收佢讀K1。如果你自己帶小朋友返playgroup,可知道佢表現同進展,平日夜晚又可以同佢玩番 playgroup 既活動,唱佢熟識既歌仔。九龍塘 Anfield 同 Tutor Time 都有俾兩歲小朋友返既 Playgroup, 你可以揀一星期返一日至五日都得。諗諗佢啦!  :wink:

58#
發表於 07-1-19 22:53 |只看該作者

danduscc
Thanks for sharing.

danduscc 寫道:
Summa05,

my baby is now attending the "Creative Movement" course, she likes it very much..

59#
發表於 07-1-20 12:04 |只看該作者

weewee 寫道:
Hi Lamblamb,

I'm far away from kln tong and i'm a working mom.

I still find it difficult to judge 'cos those kinders near my home is not that satisfactory (at least to my standard). Also, my son is a small boy (end of sep 2005)...that's why I'd like to secure a K1 place in a kinder with good reputation for him in order to avoid competition next year...the only concern is travelling...only a little 2-year-old boy.....

I can ask my parents to take him there but that seems to have made too much burden to them (i've no maid at the moment; my parents take care of my son, but even having a maid in future, I don't think I'd rely on the maid to take care of my son too much)

so, you're confident that your child can take the school bus independently?

唔驚都假啦!  But...

Initially I applied for more than 10 pre-nurseries for Lulube, some located right near where I live, and some in Kln Tong.  Coz' HKPS accepted him and it should be a good school, we've decided that it is worth the travelling.  I'm sure there will be other students of the same age on the schoolbus and their mammies must be having the same worries as well.  You know, you reminded me of the Disney movie "Finding Nemo" when the turtle was teaching Nemo's dad that "it's time to let go!"  I guess if we've decided to let our children try to be independent on the travelling issue, we just have to lay our trust on the school on our child.

How long would the ride be from your home to Kln Tong?

60#
發表於 07-1-20 12:19 |只看該作者

danduscc 寫道:
Lamblamb ,

Chloe was in the bug class when she is about 7 months old and she quit when she was about 1year and 2 months.

About the course at HKCS, is it in TST? Chloe attended as well! unfortunately she was grouped with babies who are much younger than her (she was 16 months and the others were 12/13 months!!!) and she knew almost everything they were teaching. so she quit right after the first lesson.

Also about the toddle PG at Learning Habitat? is it in LV? is it good?

Hello danduscc,

Lulube was in the bug --> bird --> beast class.  Was Chloe in Ms Tanya's class when she was a bug?

Yes.  It's the same HKCS course at TST.  Hmm. Strange.  Although we join the class for 19+ months kids, the other kids seem to be younger.  I must ask the teacher tomorrow as well.

As for the Toddler class at LH, we're going to the one at Hampton Loft instead.  I would say it's so so.  It's really like going to school where everyone sits in a circle and the teacher will talk and talk with teaching aids.  15 min of Eng by a NET, 15 min of Chinese, then some handicraft/playing.  But since you just need to pay for 5 lessons as a lot, you can give it a try.  Personally, I prefer classes with more teacher-student interaction.

We've been to a PG which I feel that the atmosphere was so warm and the teachers were so sincere.  See whether you're interested. Click HERE

‹ 上一主題|下一主題