提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

2#
發表於 06-12-18 07:21 |只看該作者

Re: Female tutor wanted

3#
發表於 06-12-18 08:19 |只看該作者

I think the market price is $60-70 per hour at least.
該用戶已被刪除

4#
發表於 06-12-18 09:48 |只看該作者

該用戶已被刪除

5#
發表於 06-12-21 18:02 |只看該作者

該用戶已被刪除

6#
發表於 06-12-21 19:19 |只看該作者

7#
發表於 06-12-21 22:12 |只看該作者

i totally agree with you. travelling fee and time cost too

8#
發表於 06-12-21 23:02 |只看該作者

adultcoffeemartin,
However, the MPF and the yearly working experience in a school are also the benefit that you cannot provide.

So, from my point of view, your pay is too too low and to mean. :idea:

9#
發表於 06-12-21 23:25 |只看該作者

I totally agree with candyb.

A part time maid also charges $50 per hour. Maybe you can hire a maid to be your child's private tutor.

candyb 寫道:
adultcoffeemartin,
However, the MPF and the yearly working experience in a school are also the benefit that you cannot provide.

So, from my point of view, your pay is too too low and to mean. :idea:
該用戶已被刪除

10#
發表於 06-12-22 00:55 |只看該作者

11#
發表於 06-12-22 01:53 |只看該作者

adultcoffeemartin 寫道:
No matter working as a part-time maid,tutor or managment trainee,he or she needs to pay the travelling fees or consider the time cost or basic needs.Seldom employer pays the money to the employee for her clothes, water or food because these are the basic preparation of the tutor. According to the HK law, if she is willing to sign a contract. I need to pay the MPF or even buy an insurance for her.
Now if a graduate from College of Education, she works in a primary school, how much she earns? I just express my viewpoint.I know that some tutors may charge a lot,some may charge less. I just point out  the tutor who charges a lot, is unreasonable.Especially, compared with the teacher/IT in school, the tutor's charges in HK is generally higher when compared with the qualifications an  job nature.

Hey! Calm down! All of us have the freedom of speech here!
You've not only got the right to express your point of view, you've also got the right to set your tutor charge at $50/hr.
At the same time, we've also got the right to express our point of view, and the tutors also have the right not to choose to be your daughter's private tutor!

12#
發表於 06-12-22 13:24 |只看該作者

adultcoffeemartin 寫道:
Especially, compared with the teacher/IT in school, the tutor's charges in HK is generally higher when compared with the qualifications an  job nature.

既然妳都曉講個market唔healthy (我夠認為點解d net 會收成$200-300/hr 囉 ??), 即使比妳好彩搵到, 妳估質量會掂咩? 一分錢一分貨, 我信架.  有d收好平, 但質素唔好而且又會同小朋友遊花園, 浪費小朋友既時間.  其實太費又唔係必要, 最緊要係reasonable, 即market price, 妳underpay人, 人地又點會用心對妳既小朋友喎
該用戶已被刪除

13#
發表於 06-12-22 13:33 |只看該作者

14#
發表於 06-12-23 16:56 |只看該作者

明智!
鳳梨 寫道:
I think the market price is $60-70 per hour at least.

15#
發表於 06-12-23 18:10 |只看該作者

It depends on what you are hiring.  60 - 70 an hour is quite insulting.  Unless they are kids, I mean 15 or 16 years old or your hire them for at least 3 hours or they just live next door to you.  Sometimes we have to be a little bit considerate more about others.  Will you work for 60 - 70 an hour.  Teaching is not easy.  I saw my private teacher before working with my son.  If you have to talk toyour negihour for 1 hour and try to make her respond and make her interest to talk to you.  That is very exhausting.  You cannot divide the time they work for one month.  Because they have benefits.  Some TA paid by the month.  So for holidays they don't have to work and get money.  Some even get money in the summer.  We as parents have to be fair.  I appreciate all my son's teachers, private, extra curr or school.   

16#
發表於 06-12-24 01:43 |只看該作者

crystallam5 寫道:
It depends on what you are hiring.  60 - 70 an hour is quite insulting.  Unless they are kids, I mean 15 or 16 years old or your hire them for at least 3 hours or they just live next door to you.  Sometimes we have to be a little bit considerate more about others.  Will you work for 60 - 70 an hour.  Teaching is not easy.  I saw my private teacher before working with my son.  If you have to talk toyour negihour for 1 hour and try to make her respond and make her interest to talk to you.  That is very exhausting.  You cannot divide the time they work for one month.  Because they have benefits.  Some TA paid by the month.  So for holidays they don't have to work and get money.  Some even get money in the summer.  We as parents have to be fair.  I appreciate all my son's teachers, private, extra curr or school.   

17#
發表於 06-12-30 23:22 |只看該作者

i agree.  me, as a teacher, i would never accept for teaching a student individually with only $60-70 per hour.  because we have our professional.  at school, we have holidays, lunch time, some benefits.  and we are planning things for many children but not only one.  
if teaching a child individually, i hv to pay all my attention on him/her, plan everything only for him/her.  so i think $60-70per hour is too unfair.  however, if you can find one, i would say, this teacher is damaging our profession.  

18#
發表於 06-12-31 00:42 |只看該作者

adultcoffeemartin 寫道:
No matter working as a part-time maid,tutor or managment trainee,he or she needs to pay the travelling fees or consider the time cost or basic needs.Seldom employer pays the money to the employee for her clothes, water or food because these are the basic preparation of the tutor. According to the HK law, if she is willing to sign a contract. I need to pay the MPF or even buy an insurance for her.
Now if a graduate from College of Education, she works in a primary school, how much she earns? I just express my viewpoint.I know that some tutors may charge a lot,some may charge less. I just point out  the tutor who charges a lot, is unreasonable.Especially, compared with the teacher/IT in school, the tutor's charges in HK is generally higher when compared with the qualifications an  job nature.

We all understand you are expressing your viewpoint. We are also express ours!! If so many people here saying that $50 per hour is too low for a private tutor, I think you should at least re-consider if you should pay more.

You should not compare the hourly rate of a full time employee to a private tutor. If you want a person to come to your place and serve only you child, of course you have to pay more. Don't forget the private tutor is teaching your child individually at a time and she/he may need to set up tailor-made teaching plan for your child. Don't you think this requires more work/effort and so deserves more salary?

Of course there may be some teachers who ask for unreasonably high salary but what we are saying here is: $50 is absolutely below the average market rate.  

If you think the market price is not reasonable, then just insist paying $50. You may still get someone who is willing to work for you but she/he may not pay 100% effort. The choice is yours.

19#
發表於 07-1-2 14:32 |只看該作者

If one wants to hire a good teacher / tutor but just paying HK$50, I don't think he/ she can find a good private tutor.  I also think that it insults teaching professionals if one consider HK$50 is reasonable for a responsible teacher who need to teach an individual for an hour.

If it's a undergraduate / secondary school student doing a part-time job as private tutor, I think we, as parents with kids, also don't want to abuse this kind of young kids who earn money on his/her spare time.  If your daughter in future also make use of her talent to earn pocket money / earn working experience, I guess you also don't want her to be treated with the salary whcih is under the market price.

When I was a U student 10 years ago, I also worked as a private tutor for a primary boy, the employer paid me HK$80 per hour. Every time I went there, the mother was so kind to have prepared light refreshment for me.  

I agreed that "Be considerate to others."

該用戶已被刪除

20#
發表於 07-1-2 16:54 |只看該作者

‹ 上一主題|下一主題