教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Canadian International School
樓主: cobomama
go

Canadian International School [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 07-2-19 03:34 |只看該作者

Re: Canadian International School

Hi All,

My daughter is now almost 7 months and I wish she can attend CDNIS too (pre-reception).  Is it the sooner I hand in the application will be better?  Have went through the form but really don't know how to fill it out...how can I tell if my baby has self-disicipline or not?  she is just 7 months old!  I called the lady in the admission and no one replies....help!

42#
發表於 07-2-19 04:07 |只看該作者

Has anyone ever heard of The ISF Academy?  Heard it's teaching with international school's method with chinese's school discipline...

43#
發表於 07-2-21 12:21 |只看該作者

You can only submit the form after the age of 2 yr.  You won't have any priority even if you submit now as they are not going to handle your application.  :wink:

44#
發表於 07-2-28 18:35 |只看該作者

Anybody knows about the waiting list, it will takes how long to get the place and need to interview again while pass the school year that applied.

45#
發表於 07-3-1 00:49 |只看該作者

i think they have many place for 2007 Reception Class, my son got accepted but i give up the place, school called me 2 times asked me to think about the place...
>>>>>????

46#
發表於 07-3-1 08:45 |只看該作者

Blythe_miki,

Can you share why you decided to turn down the school?  Is your son in another IS already?

Blythe_miki 寫道:
i think they have many place for 2007 Reception Class, my son got accepted but i give up the place, school called me 2 times asked me to think about the place...

47#
發表於 07-3-1 10:30 |只看該作者

Seems Canadian International is very popular and being sought-after by many parents in HK. Can you moms share your points of view towards this school ? What are your reasons preferring this school ?

Thanks
Ruby

48#
發表於 07-3-3 01:35 |只看該作者

Hi Ribbon & Dingdingmom,

My son is also accepted by CDNIS 07/08 Reception pm class.  Hope to meet both of you in Sept.

Dingdingmom, suprised to know that you've already got some info about the teachers there.  Apart from Ms. Lim, I only heard about Ms. Little who has been teaching in cdnis for many years.

49#
發表於 07-3-4 22:04 |只看該作者

Any moms know about the "waiting list"  in cdnis?  For Grade 1.

50#
發表於 07-3-5 10:59 |只看該作者

Hi KMPAnson,

Oh yes, both of them have been teaching there for long and are very good teachers.  Hope to see you in Sept.

Brgds
Dingdingmom     

51#
發表於 07-3-6 01:04 |只看該作者

KMPAnson, Dingdingmom,

see u in Sept.

52#
發表於 07-3-6 14:54 |只看該作者

up.

Can any moms please help giving your comments ?

Thanks

Ruby
Ruby1219 寫道:
Seems Canadian International is very popular and being sought-after by many parents in HK. Can you moms share your points of view towards this school ? What are your reasons preferring this school ?

Thanks
Ruby

53#
發表於 07-3-6 23:24 |只看該作者

There are lots of reasons that I pick Canadian, but not other IS.

I think the choice depends on parents' attitude and preference as well.

The reason that we do not pick local school is my husband does not want to focus on academic result only. When we visited different IS before the application, we felt that although they all emphasized on overall development, but from their presentation and conversation, you felt that academic result is very very important. For some, they will focus a lot on how many grad will enter certain University, how good their levels are....etc. Honestly speaking, these information are important and it helps to understand the school more, and helps us to get an insight of the future of those grad students.

54#
發表於 07-3-7 00:01 |只看該作者

when we visited the canadian school, they not only talked about acadamic topic, they also mention lots of different things.

Maybe we are Canadian, we have a very strong sense of self-belonging when visiting there. It really reminds our old days (our high school and university life). The environment also make us feel very comfortable and happy. When we visited the library, we saw a large group of kids having lesson, and we saw that all kids were very happy, paid attention, willing to express themselves and enjoyed the class.

Maybe some parents care about whether it's IB system, whether the IS also offer good chinese class, qualification of teachers...to my husband and me, we tend to view different things. When we walked around the school, there are lots of students's artwork and drawing decorating the school. Maybe some parents do not care about these, but this 'little things' affect our point of view. From some minor things, you can feel the school values as well.

I don't mean it's the best IS, but in my case, I think it suits my family values and styles. Maybe some parents think that other IS is better.

I do know that some students come from rich family, some from middle class...
I heard that some IS really cares about it although they won't tell you directly. Personally, I don't prefer those IS.

55#
發表於 07-3-8 10:28 |只看該作者

Hi Ribbon,

Thank you so much for your input. It is very useful !

I do share a lot of your value and attitude. Totally agree that academic result should not be the priority. If so, I think local school might appear a better choice than IS. To me, I am keen to put my child in a happy and inspiring learning environment. Therefore, the descriptions that you made about CDIS seem very attractive to me.
Honestly, IB and Chinese are also meaningful to me, not becos' of the academic side, but I do appreciate the IB approach and I do think Chinese is very important to our Chinese children. My son is now in Renaissance which offers both IB and Chinese, and these are part of the reasons why I chose RC for him.
I'm now considering CDIS as we might be moving from N.T. to HK Island side.

Anyway, thank you very much and it's really nice talking to you.

Ruby

56#
發表於 07-3-8 16:03 |只看該作者

I do share most of Ribbon's views.  My son has been with CDNIS since pre-reception and his progress was amazing.   He loves the school and hates it when there is long school breaks.  What can you ask more? :)

57#
發表於 07-3-10 01:12 |只看該作者

hi!Ruby;
I'm the new one,can u share with us why u wanted to change to CDIS fromRC,is RC not good?how about the teachers,are they kind and love kids,my daughter is apply forG.6,she will have interview 2 weeks later!

58#
發表於 07-3-10 09:55 |只看該作者

Chisty,

I'm fine with RC but just that we are considering to move from MOS to HK Island and therefore might need to search for a school in Island side for my son.

I do think the teachers and the principals (Peter Kenny and Max Muller) are good and professional, and really have the passion in education. Good luck to your daughter's interview.

How about CDIS ? Did you apply for it ?

Ruby
chisty 寫道:
hi!Ruby;
I'm the new one,can u share with us why u wanted to change to CDIS fromRC,is RC not good?how about the teachers,are they kind and love kids,my daughter is apply forG.6,she will have interview 2 weeks later!

59#
發表於 07-3-10 17:33 |只看該作者

Dear parents,

I agree a happy learning enviroment with caring teacher focus on individual students are far more important than those  PAST RECORD and RESULTS.

BTW, do you know anything about the secondary school? I would like to hear more from you about what you think about the secondary school.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題