教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 TOP TEN PRIMARY - VOTE
樓主: tinatam
go

TOP TEN PRIMARY - VOTE [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 06-12-1 23:21 |只看該作者

Re: TOP TEN PRIMARY - VOTE

hi all,

I want to share one interesting case about 名牌學校. I know in some so-called traditional famous schools (with long time Band 1 honour), their teachers are quite lazy and don't teach more, don't do extra works in academic and seldom care their students, however, the test & exam of these school are very very difficult. But most students still can get good result. The students are still outstanding in many area. Why? Is that so funny?

The main reasons are....1. when these schools accepted new students, they will choose the students with good background or high abilities. 2. Most students in these kind of schools joined many courses outsides in order to keep higher marks.

Many parents hope to enter so-called traditional famous primary school, think their kids can high academic training. I'm sorry to say if you have not enough supports, pls don't choose, otherwise, you and yr kid will feel great pressure.

I greatly admire some district band 1 primary schools, those teachers work hard and know how to care students. And some new DSS schools are also very good and aggressive.

22#
發表於 06-12-2 00:10 |只看該作者

講開高主教, 咪就係只在上一代響香港勁 law, 呢一代就真係一般, 好難怪人地提及老牌名校無佢份。在高主教小學部, 讀得叻果D,都吾會揀番高主教中學。
morris_mama 寫道:
[quote]
goe 寫道:
香港的老牌名校便是早期那二十二間補助中學,是真正具歷史的傳統名校。她們是瑪利諾書院、喇沙書院、拔萃男書院、拔萃女書院、聖保祿學校、嘉諾撒聖心書院、協恩中學、瑪利曼中學、嘉諾撒聖方濟各書院、聖若瑟書院、聖保羅男女中學、聖士提反女子中學、香港華仁書院、嘉諾撒聖瑪利書院、九龍華仁書院、英華書院、英華女書院、聖保羅書院、聖馬可中學、循道中學、聖嘉勒女書院和聖保祿中學等(排名不分先後)。

Informations from: http://education.atnext.com
由一群現職教師組成的教師陪審團,樂於為大家剖析各中、小學的優劣,並提供各種第一手選校和面試貼士。

okay... not bad... 但,我覺得個 list 吾係甘 comprehensive... 點解無包官校?“香港的老牌名校”仲要係講緊中學的話我認為吾少得 QC (Queen's College)同KC (King's College)wor...

另,以上說“老牌”+“真正具歷史的傳統名校”,是否指60/70年代?那,為甚麼沒有玫瑰崗,高主教,聖類斯,真光果d?玫瑰崗果陣好似好響架 wor。另外高主教,再上一代既人就知當年響香港係幾勁。

But hey, thanks for sharing with us the info from atnext.com![/quote]

23#
發表於 06-12-2 00:20 |只看該作者

我又唔覺得我囡間學校既老師好懶喎

就以我囡間學校為例, 我就好欣賞校長, 佢好有熱誠, 為家長着想, 當然, 樹大有枯枝, 間間學校都總會有D唔係咁好既老師, 名校有, 普通小學都會有架, 我覺得唔好一竹篙打一船人。

我囡今年五年級, 我就好欣賞佢班主任, 佢對學生好好, 又成日鼓勵佢地, 好似我囡上次英常唔合格(total 我囡果班有9個妹仔唔合格), 佢班主任唔係教呢科(佢教中文), 都主動同我囡及成班同學補課。

我囡數學老師係嚴, 但係佢每逢測驗, 考試就會自己做note比佢地溫習(好似中學既notes咁)。

由我囡讀p.1-p.5期間, 我發現佢間學校大部份既老師都好盡責, 小四英文老師重額外教佢地英語拼音添。

校長亦好識做, 當有老師唔係咁稱職, 都會盡快去除呢D瘀血, 就我係學校咁多年, 都見到有兩、三個唔稱職既走咗。

這只是少少個人分享。
上主是我的牧者, 我實在是一無所缺。
祂使我臥在青綠的草場, 又領我走近幽靜的水旁,
還使我的心靈得到舒暢。
祂為了自己名號的原由, 領我踏上了正義的坦途.....
祢的牧杖和短棒, 是我的安慰舒暢.......
在我一生的歲月裡, 幸福與慈愛常隨不離,
我將住在上主的殿裡, 直至悠遠的時日。

24#
發表於 06-12-2 23:12 |只看該作者

Smalljokerbb 寫道:
hi all,

I want to share one interesting case about 名牌學校. I know in some so-called traditional famous schools (with long time Band 1 honour), their teachers are quite lazy and don't teach more, don't do extra works in academic and seldom care their students, however, the test & exam of these school are very very difficult. But most students still can get good result. The students are still outstanding in many area. Why? Is that so funny?

The main reasons are....1. when these schools accepted new students, they will choose the students with good background or high abilities. 2. Most students in these kind of schools joined many courses outsides in order to keep higher marks.

Many parents hope to enter so-called traditional famous primary school, think their kids can high academic training. I'm sorry to say if you have not enough supports, pls don't choose, otherwise, you and yr kid will feel great pressure.

I greatly admire some district band 1 primary schools, those teachers work hard and know how to care students. And some new DSS schools are also very good and aggressive.

25#
發表於 06-12-2 23:34 |只看該作者

del

26#
發表於 07-4-14 19:25 |只看該作者

Less youth families are live in HK side now.  In HK side, most of kids went to international school rather than gov't school.  Small class is the best now.  Teacher and students can communicate more easy and study more difference topics out of sys.

More efficiency.   Why did gov't cut schools?  Few years later, all newborned kids should fight for seats again.... poor edu
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

27#
發表於 07-4-14 21:52 |只看該作者

Totally agree.
What I expect a famous school (in good expect) should be like that: they can make a band 5 P1 student become band 1 student when graduate from his/her school. So far, I can't see those so-called famous schools can do so. They only choose those with abilities and good background !!!

Smalljokerbb 寫道:
hi all,

:-?

28#
發表於 07-4-16 01:16 |只看該作者

tinatam 寫道:
....  Why did gov't cut schools?  Few years later, all newborned kids should fight for seats again.... poor edu

It can be predicted that the competition for government and government subsidized school seats will be keen again a few years later.

I feel heart-breaking once I imagine the scenario that those kids from the Mainland, whose parents are not HK citizens, also competing with our local kids in the Lucky Draw for seats in La Salle Primary School, Maryknoll Convent School (Primary Section), Diocesan Preparatory School …. etc.  Thanks God my kids would have passed the stage already by that time, and won’t have to compete with them!

王國長老

29#
發表於 07-4-16 10:11 |只看該作者

傳統老牌名小學歷史耐,
自然有D 等緊退休既老師啦!
當中有D 真係教到化,是是但既,
放左學無耐打去搵佢,都已經走左架喇。
家長有能力既都會外求,
不過呢D 唔係名校專利,
好多出面既地區小學學生都一樣係咁。
不過傳統老牌名小學,都仲有新老師加入既,
好多都係後生仔女,對教育仍有熱誠,
對學生亦唔似得老一輩老師單向式的,
佢地對學生亦有另一套,都唔錯架!

Smalljokerbb 寫道:
hi all,

30#
發表於 07-4-16 14:00 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

31#
發表於 07-4-16 17:02 |只看該作者

其實大家心目中都略略知道那些是好學校.

大家分享一下都係互相'過料啫'. 最緊要係客觀些.

如果小朋友在他們就讀的學校讀得開心, 覺得老師和同學都好,見佢樣樣有進步,  咁呢間就係TOP學校啦.

錫仔媽咪
錫仔媽咪錫自己的BB! 也錫大家的BB!:-P :-P 兩個寶貝已進中學. 喜愛與家長交流哺乳,親子,子女入學部 署及學習方面的心德. 祝大家快樂! :-P :-P

王國長老

32#
發表於 07-4-16 17:30 |只看該作者

不如你講吓你既見解吖?
剩係鬧人容咩易啫?
如果父母都係國內人士,
個媽媽子宮頸開到8 度先走黎衝關,
係入境大樓生左個BB,
連3 萬9 都慳番,仲唔使諗方法走數,
之後個BB 讀書入小一同你一齊入表,
對你係咪一D 影響都無呢?
你有無交稅呢?還是你唔使交稅架?!
你有交稅呢,就替呢位BB 多謝你先,
因為你好大方係度供書教學,
如果佢大個伸請埋佢父母落黎,
又可以伸請綜援,幾咁美好呢?
咁佢又再次多謝你呢位大恩人,
你覺唔覺得自己好似「長腿叔叔」?

jediknight 寫道:
What's wrong if they are entitled to join our Lucky Draw system?

You poor selfish old guy !!!

[quote]
LLT 寫道:
[quote]

It can be predicted that the competition for government and government subsidized school seats will be keen again a few years later.

I feel heart-breaking once I imagine the scenario that those kids from the Mainland, whose parents are not HK citizens, also competing with our local kids in the Lucky Draw for seats in La Salle Primary School, Maryknoll Convent School (Primary Section), Diocesan Preparatory School …. etc.  Thanks God my kids would have passed the stage already by that time, and won’t have to compete with them!
[/quote]

33#
發表於 07-4-16 18:12 |只看該作者

34#
發表於 07-4-16 23:22 |只看該作者

I am interested in your interesting case.  And also  your admired district band 1 primary school and new DSS school.  Mind giving us a hint?

[quote]

hi all,

35#
發表於 07-4-16 23:37 |只看該作者

簽名被屏蔽

36#
發表於 07-4-16 23:55 |只看該作者

老一輩既大陸來港人仕,為香港作出過好多貢獻架,好似麟媽媽講,呢d大陸媽咪,只係生左個幾個月係度,到夠期先黎拎著數.父母都唔係呢度人,咁真係唔多通,有得幾多個好似你咁比六位數字稅丫....
jediknight 寫道:
I pay 6 digits tax every year.

If the kids are eligible under the current system, there is no reason to discriminate them.

There are so many elder citizens of HK also came from Mainland in the past several tenth years. Should we discriminate them also?

We should not promote discrimination here !!!

[quote]
麟媽媽 寫道:
不如你講吓你既見解吖?
剩係鬧人容咩易啫?
如果父母都係國內人士,
個媽媽子宮頸開到8 度先走黎衝關,
係入境大樓生左個BB,
連3 萬9 都慳番,仲唔使諗方法走數,
之後個BB 讀書入小一同你一齊入表,
對你係咪一D 影響都無呢?
你有無交稅呢?還是你唔使交稅架?!
你有交稅呢,就替呢位BB 多謝你先,
因為你好大方係度供書教學,
如果佢大個伸請埋佢父母落黎,
又可以伸請綜援,幾咁美好呢?
咁佢又再次多謝你呢位大恩人,
你覺唔覺得自己好似「長腿叔叔」?

[quote]
jediknight 寫道:
What's wrong if they are entitled to join our Lucky Draw system?

You poor selfish old guy !!!

[quote]
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

37#
發表於 07-4-17 02:04 |只看該作者

jediknight:

Let me clarify that I never discriminate the Mainlanders. I was born in Hong Kong.  My degree was awarded by an England university; and I obtained my post-graduate certificate from a university in Hong Kong.  Yet, I always regard myself as a typical Chinese.

I also consider myself as a patriot.  When I got my first adult identity card at my 18, I requested my nationality be registered as "Chinese" instead of "British" as everyone born in Hong Kong was entitled at that time.  I love my race and country (which has to be distinguished from its government or the political party); if needed, I would have no hesitation to die in defending my motherland.  Of course, I understand that telling this will render me to become a laughingstock in this forum, or indeed, everywhere in Hong Kong.  This, however, is the true feeling I have to my country, which lies deep inside my heart, whether or not you believe it.

True as it may that those kids from the Mainland who were born in Hong Kong are eligible to attend the Lucky Draw under the prevailing system, notwithstanding that their parents are not Hong Kong citizens.  What I concern is the question of "fairness" - fairness to those Hong Kong parents who work to contribute to the welfare and prosperity of our society.  No one is disputing that the Mainland kids aforesaid are entitled to attend the Lucky Draw and receive free education under the existing system.  The real issue is: Is this system fair?  This has nothing to do with "discrimination" but a pure question of "fairness".  Don’t forget that the present rule of game is not a divine but man-made rule only.

I just feel unfair for those parents in Hong Kong who work round the clock and do all they can only with a view to allowing their kids to receive good education in the so-called 'good' schools, and their legitimate expectation and opportunity are somehow deprived of by the unfair competition from the Mainland parents who contribute nothing to our society.  To me, it is extremely unfair that the 'give and take' rule simply does not apply under the circumstances though, as I said, it does not affect me in any event.  With due respect, your quoted example of many elder people from the Mainland (did work hard for Hong Kong) during the past decades is inappropriate and perhaps misleading.

Finally, you may rest be assured that you are not the only one in this forum who pays 6 digits tax each year.

38#
發表於 07-4-17 03:15 |只看該作者

LLT has brought up a very common misconception of ignoring discrimination in defining fairness which contradicts Jediknight's.  And I can see the essense of Jediknight's argument is the very core of NON-DISCRIMINATORY FAIRNESS which means, to be fair, equals should be treated equally, regardless of their race, color.....and parentage in this case.  In other words, fairness can't exist without non-discrimination.

In fact, those mainlanders are not Hong Kong citizens.  They cannot enjoy the right of being one.  But, technically, those who are born in Hong Kong are one of us.  If granting their right of education here is unfair to HK parents, then denying it is unfair to those children.  

One more point, your argument of financial contribution gives a unilateral view of granting education right.  Childen of HK-born welfarers are also entitiled even though his/her parents, instead of paying tax, live on government subsidies, are they?  Or for the children of those HK citizens who hardly pay any tax because of their poor income, are they taking advantage of other parents?

LLT 寫道:
jediknight:

Let me clarify that I never discriminate the Mainlanders. I was born in Hong Kong.  My degree was awarded by an England university; and I obtained my post-graduate certificate from a university in Hong Kong.  Yet, I always regard myself as a typical Chinese.

I also consider myself as a patriot.  When I got my first adult identity card at my 18, I requested my nationality be registered as "Chinese" instead of "British" as everyone born in Hong Kong was entitled at that time.  I love my race and country (which has to be distinguished from its government or the political party); if needed, I would have no hesitation to die in defending my motherland.  Of course, I understand that telling this will render me to become a laughingstock in this forum, or indeed, everywhere in Hong Kong.  This, however, is the true feeling I have to my country, which lies deep inside my heart, whether or not you believe it.

True as it may that those kids from the Mainland who were born in Hong Kong are eligible to attend the Lucky Draw under the prevailing system, notwithstanding that their parents are not Hong Kong citizens.  What I concern is the question of "fairness" - fairness to those Hong Kong parents who work to contribute to the welfare and prosperity of our society.  No one is disputing that the Mainland kids aforesaid are entitled to attend the Lucky Draw and receive free education under the existing system.  The real issue is: Is this system fair?  This has nothing to do with "discrimination" but a pure question of "fairness".  Don’t forget that the present rule of game is not a divine but man-made rule only.

I just feel unfair for those parents in Hong Kong who work round the clock and do all they can only with a view to allowing their kids to receive good education in the so-called 'good' schools, and their legitimate expectation and opportunity are somehow deprived of by the unfair competition from the Mainland parents who contribute nothing to our society.  To me, it is extremely unfair that the 'give and take' rule simply does not apply under the circumstances though, as I said, it does not affect me in any event.  With due respect, your quoted example of many elder people from the Mainland (did work hard for Hong Kong) during the past decades is inappropriate and perhaps misleading.

Finally, you may rest be assured that you are not the only one in this forum who pays 6 digits tax each year.

39#
發表於 07-4-17 04:13 |只看該作者

簽名被屏蔽

40#
發表於 07-4-17 14:24 |只看該作者

‹ 上一主題|下一主題