時間 Time:2:00 - 5:00 p.m.  

地點 Venue:慕德中學禮堂School Hall HKMLC Queen Maud Secondary School

1.  資優兒童面對的挑戰
The challenges faced by gifted children

講授語言Medium of Instruction︰粵語Cantonese / 普通話 Putonghua

收費Fee:全免 Free of Charge

報名方法Enrollment Method:
於辦公時間致電27026509預留座位
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

3#
發表於 06-11-28 22:31 |只看該作者

Re: 邊間中學鐘意收資優兒童做學生呢?

hehe22 寫道:
HI,

各位, 我好想知道現時邊間中學鐘意收資優兒童做學生呢?
拜託! 拜託!      

I would like to know also.  
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

4#
發表於 06-11-29 00:22 |只看該作者

優才書院
地址:將軍澳調景嶺嶺光街10號
(調景嶺地鐵站A1出口,左轉步行5-10分鐘)
網址:http://www.gtcollege.edu.hk

5#
發表於 06-11-29 00:57 |只看該作者

dnadna 寫道:
優才書院
地址:將軍澳調景嶺嶺光街10號
(調景嶺地鐵站A1出口,左轉步行5-10分鐘)
網址:http://www.gtcollege.edu.hk

Any more.  

6#
發表於 06-11-29 01:48 |只看該作者

DO YOU THINK THE GOV'T WILL DEVELOP THE GIFTED EDUCATION FOR LOCAL STUDENTS???

OR WE MUST PAY FOR THE GIFTED EDUCATION AND IT IS NOT MANY VACANT SEATS IN HK...             
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

7#
發表於 06-11-29 10:01 |只看該作者

dnadna,

Thank you! 但有無d係資助學校架????

8#
發表於 06-11-29 11:20 |只看該作者

NichoB 寫道:
DO YOU THINK THE GOV'T WILL DEVELOP THE GIFTED EDUCATION FOR LOCAL STUDENTS???

OR WE MUST PAY FOR THE GIFTED EDUCATION AND IT IS NOT MANY VACANT SEATS IN HK...             

Of course, we all think government should do something for the gifted kids.  After the Chief Executive Policy Address, I had a high hope on this.  After understanding how it operate, its a joke.  Forget about HK government, unless Prof Arthur Li out of HK Government, he likes to make simple thing complicated.

In HK, the education system fits for medicore students, its ok and fair.  But also provide assistance for handicapped students in whatever sense, its ok to me.  Why not for gifted kids, they have high potential, fast learner, creative, they can contribute alot for the society in long run.  Practical is not short sighted.

As parents, educators or anyone concern about gifted kids need to think about the following points:
1.  Acceptable definition of Gifted Kids;
2.  Motives to support Gifted Kids, esp for parents;
3.  Supporting structure for Gifted Kids; and
4.  Who and how to pay for that.

My concerns is high % of parents have unpure motives to label their kids as Gifted, so that they can or should have priviliege to get into the school they want and that's it.  Not enough teachers being trained to support the Gifted Kids and as parents myself are not prepared to support them properly.

9#
發表於 06-11-29 11:45 |只看該作者

ANChan,

你有無去聽李先生發表佢對資優睇法? 佢話D資優生已經比人好, 有一個聰明既頭腦, 而傷殘同弱智就欠缺一些條件, 所以要比D資助佢地. 佢話概然聰明, 始終聰明, 所以唔駛專登資助. 唉! 聽到好忟!!!
        :evil:  

10#
發表於 06-11-29 14:21 |只看該作者

hehe22 寫道:
ANChan,

你有無去聽李先生發表佢對資優睇法? 佢話D資優生已經比人好, 有一個聰明既頭腦, 而傷殘同弱智就欠缺一些條件, 所以要比D資助佢地. 佢話概然聰明, 始終聰明, 所以唔駛專登資助. 唉! 聽到好忟!!!

hehe22

Gifted kid, I will take a more multiple-intelligency definition.  They are smart in a well defined scope, they also have different shortcomings.  Take my son as an example, he is extremely good in Maths, Logic and memory, but his EQ and concentration always a problem.  

Fortunately, his school principal knows how to handle this type of kids, after 5 years hard work from all parties.  My son improves alot in different areas because we are lucky enough to send him to the right school.  

Matter of fact, we struggled for sometime and planned to send him to DSS or international school.  After talking to the Principal couple of times, she gave us some very useful suggestions and ensured to help my son through the process.

Arthur and Fanny's kids all studied in international school.  How can they understand our pain?  By the way we pay for their kids!!!!!

11#
發表於 06-11-29 15:23 |只看該作者

Thank you! 但有無d係資助學校架????
The gov't did not spend on this special education ....

So many kids from china, they need to take care of them.

You want to wait for free....gifted education..........may be until ............I dont know how long to be wait!!!!!

12#
發表於 06-11-29 15:26 |只看該作者

EQ, IQ, AQ, MQ  ......I forgot ....have 10 Qs

13#
發表於 06-12-3 15:20 |只看該作者

ANChan59...can you share which school your son is in?  We're also very concerned about many schools and teachers who are not trained on handling gifted children.  Well yes these kids are "gifted" with some special skills or intellectual capabilites, but as you said many may have shortcomings too.  Mine is also lacking attention so it hinders a lot on his daily tasks such as remembering tedious stuff and doing homework, etc.  Got low marks for many careless mistakes too....and the school can't recognize these shortcomings and let go.

14#
發表於 06-12-4 02:42 |只看該作者

[quote]
hjm 寫道:
ANChan59...can you share which school your son is in?  We're also very concerned about many schools and teachers who are not trained on handling gifted children.  

My son studies in North Point Methodist Primary School.

The school does not intend to take gifted kid, if they identify what they call fast learner and talented kids,they will put them in an extracurricular program call 創思小組.  

Also, they collaborate with a school social worker to have a program called 成長輔導課in alternative Saturday.

Without extra support from EMB, they do sponsor some teachers to take Gifted Chilf Education Program to support those kids.

They have a holistic approach for gifted kids.

15#
發表於 06-12-6 14:03 |只看該作者

I don't think GT willing to accept those gifted child as they only selected those "乖乖地、坐定定 and potentially gifted child".  As mentioned in 親子便利, Mr Chan mentioned tht will expect "有創意但聽教的"。 如果你個小朋友唔係聽教、乖乖嗰種 (有幾多此類gifted child, 尤真是男仔?), the chance seems not very high.....

My kid is gifted and applied for GT P1 (sent all the info/report to GT), but still not accepted.....其實,我個小朋友冇特別行

16#
發表於 06-12-6 16:14 |只看該作者

I want to know more info for "gifted child" school too.......     

17#
發表於 06-12-6 16:41 |只看該作者

我囝囝在GT讀G5,我所觀察到的情況與你所說的不大相同。

我所認識的GT學生,大部分都很活躍,經常滔滔不絕;我囝囝雖然比較文靜,但卻會與老師"講數",絕不盲從附和。

資優的定義可以很廣,並不單單只看智力評估結果。智力評估報告並非入學通行證,還得看小朋友和家長面試的表現呢!
For the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you or forsake you. (Dt 31:6)

18#
發表於 06-12-6 21:58 |只看該作者

Actually for proved gifted kids applying for P1 maybe they are too active and not the easy type to teach....but for boys in particular if they are not very stable emotionally, like mine, their handbook and reports are very messy already after a few years of not handling homework well.  I understand and recognize that "資優的定義可以很廣,並不單單只看智力評估結果" but all of the above do make it very hard to have a kid like mine to get into a school most suitable and willing to accept and help him, which I'm sure there are quite a number of the same in the gifted pool....   

19#
發表於 06-12-7 13:25 |只看該作者

我看很多書,乖乖資優生不多,是要投放很多心機和資源.......所以,我覺得GT對"資優生"肯invest resources之"志願"很創新.......(but Principal Chan wants those "有創意但聽教的)???

hjm 寫道:
Actually for proved gifted kids applying for P1 maybe they are too active and not the easy type to teach....but for boys in particular if they are not very stable emotionally, like mine, their handbook and reports are very messy already after a few years of not handling homework well.  I understand and recognize that "資優的定義可以很廣,並不單單只看智力評估結果" but all of the above do make it very hard to have a kid like mine to get into a school most suitable and willing to accept and help him, which I'm sure there are quite a number of the same in the gifted pool....   

20#
發表於 06-12-7 13:43 |只看該作者

如果"乖乖"的定義是"你叫佢行,佢唔敢坐",那資優生真是沒有多少個是"乖乖"的。但家長們不要氣餒,有時需要調節的是我們自己。我也試過因為教囝囝而束手無策、淚流滿臉,但當我慢慢學懂怎樣與他溝通和體諒他(尤其是修讀遊戲治療課程之後),現在我們真的相處得很好,囝囝在學校的行為表現也相對問題較少。

正如我在另一個題目中所說,家長在資優生的學習中扮演很重要的角色,即使入不到心儀的學校,家長可以做的還有很多很多。

大家努力呀!
For the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you or forsake you. (Dt 31:6)
‹ 上一主題|下一主題