用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 CAIS 好唔好? (Christian Alliance International Schoo ...
樓主: ka_yo
go

CAIS 好唔好? (Christian Alliance International School) [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 07-3-19 14:50 |只看該作者

Re: CAIS 好唔好? (Christian Alliance International School)

Dear All

I saw a boy of CAIS (I think he is high school)  has stolen something at 7-eleven on 15/3/2007 around 4:30 p.m. and was caught by three policeman so that I 'm not sure CAIS is good or not????????   

Regards
Hello, Can I change my new e-mail address now ? Please let me know. Thanks

82#
發表於 07-3-20 11:11 |只看該作者

Hi honpingchu,

聽你咁講都有的擔心, 希望只是個別事件.

其實cais的程度如何? 同學都可以說流利的英語嗎(沒有香港口音)? 其實在中學階段可否考取其他的國際學校? 例如ESF的中學? 知道這校的資料不多.

信子

83#
發表於 07-3-20 12:36 |只看該作者

這單案件絕對與CAIS無關的,因為校方已就某些家長的查詢而發通告予家長澄清了。

我兒子現就在CAIS就讀G2。這間學校的校風如一般國際學校,較活潑自由,但絕對是辦學認真,很重視上課的紀律,很著重學習的主動性,學術水平很不俗。兒子是從本地學校(所謂「傳統名校」) 轉讀的,但半個學期後就適應了,現在已講得一口非常流利的、沒有廣東腔調的英語了!

最令我高興的是,對比以往常被大量功課折磨的他,現在變得十分喜愛上學,也對學習重拾熱誠,我真是很欣喜!

這校很重視閱讀,課程設計也很不俗。他現在看的英文書已有本地學校四、五年級的程度了。很多人以為國際學校程度較淺,其實不然。我覺得分別最大的是傳統學校要在很短時間內學很多和很廣的知識,但國際學校就學得很深入。

這校小學部的校長Mrs.Reeves是一個很好的校長,她很愛護孩子,態度親切友善。老師的英語水平也很好,也很有愛心。我兒子非常喜歡每一位教他的老師,享受每天的學習生活。

我曾在學校舉辦的Spiritual emphasis week當家長義工,感受到這校的老師水準很高,活動很有創意,也很有意義!若是基督徒的家長,這校的屬靈氣氛定不會令你失望,因它真是一所以基督教真理為教育依歸的學校!

對我來說,唯一令我有一點憂慮的就是沒有中文學的,所以我會堅持每天跟兒子讀中文書,和讓他學好普通話。
我們愛 因為 神先愛我們

84#
發表於 07-3-20 12:43 |只看該作者

Hi agneslth,

Very appreciated for your sharing about this school.  As I read from other BK messages that there is a chinese lesson every two days.

Is it true?
Is it taught in putonghua?
so, you think it is really not enough?
Actually, I am also worried about this point too..

May I have more comment, please?   

85#
發表於 07-3-20 13:40 |只看該作者

Hello Agneslth

你係指偷東西抑或強姦,那一件絕對無關?

強姦是與CAIS無關因校方己出通告。

但係7-11偷竊係我本人親眼見,我未收到由CAIS否認的通告, 你是否己收到?我好想知15/3/07 THUR 發生什麼事?

86#
發表於 07-3-20 14:02 |只看該作者

Hello 信子

英文的口音你不用懷疑, 學的都是純美加口音。
講和寫的水平未必一致, 我知有部份家長再要他們子女到外補文法。我的兒子並沒有任何補習, 可能是這樣成績一般。
至於ESF的中學KOWLOON SIDE 係指KGV, 學生的行為不是很好經常放學後吸煙,但可能KGV的ACADEMIC好聽我的朋友說入大學的PERCENTAGE比CAIS高成20%同埋KGV係用IB, ESF比較出名係OVERSEAS, 地位比CAIS高。去年CAIS入大學PERCENTAGE係ABOUT80%到, 我的親戚朋友說不是太理想這個數字, 經常叫我不要放棄ESF的WAITING LIST. 所以我也經常UPDATED我兒子的資料同ESF, 或者有一日他成績很好可以佢揀學校.

:

87#
發表於 07-3-20 14:31 |只看該作者

deleted
我們愛 因為 神先愛我們

88#
發表於 07-3-20 14:38 |只看該作者

我指的是強姦一事。

偷東西此事我則不知道,但若你是親眼看到的,我相信並不會是假的。

我是這樣看這類事情的。首先一間學校的其中一名學生犯上這類行為問題,其成因是很複雜的。我想亦不能單憑一人的行為來評論一間學校的校風,特別部分學生是可能是新的轉校生,並不一定是自小就在該校就讀的。我認為每一所學校,包括校風出名好的學校也有可能有學生出現這樣的問題,因青年人在成長中會出現很多偏差的行為,最重要的是學校怎樣跟進和作出輔導。

我所看到的是,CAIS的現任校長是很重視學生的行為的和品行的。例如有次在禮堂對集會,有兩個學生私語,即時被校長制止和訓話。我亦認識朋友的兩個兒子在CAIS就讀,弟弟G8,哥哥剛畢業,成績優良 (拿獎學金),已在加國升讀大學了(他是加拿大藉)。他們的兒子也是很有教養,很可愛的年青人。我在學校時,大部份的中學生也是待人有禮,與一般香港傳統中學沒怎麼分別。

至於學術水平方面,我想這很視乎個別學生所付出的努力。據我所知入大學率只有80多%,部份原因是某些學生選擇先休學一年去讀一些入某大學的預備課程,之後他們都會續升學的(這是我和兒子面試時我問校長有關問題時的回覆)。

正因為 CAIS是基督教學校,所以對學生的品德教育會有較高的要求和較全面的教育,這亦是我替兒子選這校的原因。我現在也不能確定日後是否一定會讓兒子入讀中學部,因那將會是數年後的事,我只知道兒子現在在知識上和品行上都有成長,熱愛學習,老師非常盡責又有愛心,我認識的同學和家長(有些是印度人和日本人)也親切樸實,所以我很滿意這所學校。
我們愛 因為 神先愛我們

89#
發表於 07-3-20 14:43 |只看該作者

一星期可以有三堂普通話的,但是不是中文,而且是學簡體字的,我想兒子先學好繁體字,所以我們選了法文而沒有學普通話。

我是懂普通話的,所以我會自己教他。

我們愛 因為 神先愛我們

90#
發表於 07-3-20 23:24 |只看該作者

Hi agneslth

I agree with you that it is hard to judge a school good or bad by only viewing one or two incidents.

One of the reasons I choose CAIS for my son is because it is a christian school. I believe it is more emphasis on discipline than those with no religious.

By the way, my son will be at P1 in the coming September. Do you know the lunch and school bus arrangement?

91#
發表於 07-3-21 09:02 |只看該作者

Hi Agneslth

Does your son have very strong English before changing to CAIS? My son is at K3 at a kindergarter in Kowloon Tong. I do think the English level in his school is quite high. But Mrs Reeves thinks he needs improvement in English and she offers him a G1 place in September provided that I have to arrange some weekend Eng courses or summer camp to get him ready in an all English enviroment.   

This makes me stressful, I am not sure how long it will take for a kid feeling comfort in changing from a local school to an IS.

Thanks for your advise.

agneslth 寫道:
這單案件絕對與CAIS無關的,因為校方已就某些家長的查詢而發通告予家長澄清了。

我兒子現就在CAIS就讀G2。這間學校的校風如一般國際學校,較活潑自由,但絕對是辦學認真,很重視上課的紀律,很著重學習的主動性,學術水平很不俗。兒子是從本地學校(所謂「傳統名校」) 轉讀的,但半個學期後就適應了,現在已講得一口非常流利的、沒有廣東腔調的英語了!

最令我高興的是,對比以往常被大量功課折磨的他,現在變得十分喜愛上學,也對學習重拾熱誠,我真是很欣喜!

這校很重視閱讀,課程設計也很不俗。他現在看的英文書已有本地學校四、五年級的程度了。很多人以為國際學校程度較淺,其實不然。我覺得分別最大的是傳統學校要在很短時間內學很多和很廣的知識,但國際學校就學得很深入。

這校小學部的校長Mrs.Reeves是一個很好的校長,她很愛護孩子,態度親切友善。老師的英語水平也很好,也很有愛心。我兒子非常喜歡每一位教他的老師,享受每天的學習生活。

我曾在學校舉辦的Spiritual emphasis week當家長義工,感受到這校的老師水準很高,活動很有創意,也很有意義!若是基督徒的家長,這校的屬靈氣氛定不會令你失望,因它真是一所以基督教真理為教育依歸的學校!

對我來說,唯一令我有一點憂慮的就是沒有中文學的,所以我會堅持每天跟兒子讀中文書,和讓他學好普通話。[/quote]

92#
發表於 07-3-21 09:57 |只看該作者

>> But Mrs Reeves thinks he needs improvement in English and she offers him a G1 place in September provided that I have to arrange some weekend Eng courses or summer camp to get him ready in an all English enviroment.

does your kid still need to do a test after the summer later ?
or you just need to promise her you will arrange a course for your kid ?
~~~

93#
發表於 07-3-21 10:03 |只看該作者

Hi Agneslth,

Thank you for your sharing.

My son is accepted by CAIS and will be in K3 this September.  I felt struggling when my son got acceptance because I like this school very much and want my son can have happy learning as well as establish his Christian's faith.  However, when I talked with my relatives, friends or my son's class teacher. None of them know CAIS and their comments are “study in IS, why don't you choose the famous ones like ESF, SIS, ICS..etc?” On the other hand, the recent incidents (偷東西及強姦) were talking in BK, I was totally frustrated and kept thinking should I choose CAIS or not. Until I saw your message, I am relieved and believe my decision is correct.  I am ready now to be a CAIS parent in September. Agneslth, you did a great job to share your experience. Thank you very much.

Hi all CAIS parents,

Please share more your feelings and comments. Thank you.

fleet.

94#
發表於 07-3-21 11:47 |只看該作者

Hi fleet,

別客氣!能給妳一點資料,我也覺得很高興。

其實CAIS是一間很低調的學校 (印象中從未見過它賣廣告!) 我認識這間學校也是因有兩個朋友的子女在此入讀才得知的。我問過一些教育界的朋友,他們有些是很熟悉香港的國際學校的,他們都一致地告訴我CAIS是一間很不錯的學校,學術水平很不俗。其實由傳統學校轉來CAIS插班並不太易的,因為我有個朋友在赤柱St Steven申請插班,她的女兒成績不俗,但也要重讀一年呢;也認識一些朋友的孩子,本來讀傳統學校的,也考不到CAIS呢。

這校最初是為宣教士的子女而創立的,所以初期並不指向其他大眾。這校在很多家長心目中也未必會是最心儀的,因為它校舍較細,跟一般傳統本地小學差不多,只有兩個藍球場,與某些校園很大的國際學校不同。但也由於每級只有兩班,每班二十人,而且與中學部分開小息的時間,所以即使校舍小一點也不會覺得有問題。而且這校的資源運用得好好,我最喜歡它的圖書館,配合電腦化的閱讀計劃,能培養出良好的閱讀風氣。香港圖書館協會也以它作為其他學校參考的「示範單位」。

我覺得校舍的大小不是選校最重要的問題,老實說,小兒以前讀的小學很大,有泳池的。但那又如何?只是在五、六年班時比較方便的上多幾課游泳課而矣。現在小兒在每天在CAIS有足夠的跑動,也可以攀石牆,他覺得很滿足了。可能對中學生來說校舍會小了一點,因為上學前操場都被小學生所佔用了,所以有時見到中學生會在上學前聚在學校對面的快餐店。

小兒自少也喜歡英語,在本地學校成績屬中上,我也有常跟他閱讀英文書,所以他適應得很快。

我想妳不用擔心入學後會難適應,因校長Mrs Reeves既然取錄了你的孩子,她就會盡一切方法協助他適應這校。就如我的兒子,由於他是插班生,最初閱讀水平較其他同學低一點,校方就主動安排一些兔費的bridge course (如phonics等) 給他,由全職的special education teacher Ms. Bailey教的, 現在他已完全跟上進度了。

我的兒子很喜歡音樂,而音樂老師Mrs Kong是很有創意的,這校的音樂教育很強,管樂團 (band) 常在國際賽奪獎的,水準很不錯。每年孩子也必定要參與一個音樂劇表演。

若妳是個基督徒的話,這校絕不會令妳失望,因這是一所校長和老師會為每一個孩子禱告的學校!深信孩子定會在主的愛內健康成長。

祝福妳和妳的孩子!
我們愛 因為 神先愛我們

95#
發表於 07-3-21 13:15 |只看該作者

I have asked her whether she still offers the place to my son if his English doesn't improve a lot. She says she will give him a try and I have to show I've arranged courses for him to get ready.

Govinda 寫道:
>> But Mrs Reeves thinks he needs improvement in English and she offers him a G1 place in September provided that I have to arrange some weekend Eng courses or summer camp to get him ready in an all English enviroment.

does your kid still need to do a test after the summer later ?
or you just need to promise her you will arrange a course for your kid ?

96#
發表於 07-3-21 13:33 |只看該作者

Hi leegbd,

I think she needs your son to test again finally.  She must see your son real improvement in english.

Thanks

97#
發表於 07-3-21 16:07 |只看該作者

Yes, it really worries me. She never says to gurantee a place for my son. Do you think I should get a confirmation from the school?

Thanks

honpingchu 寫道:
Hi leegbd,

I think she needs your son to test again finally.  She must see your son real improvement in english.

Thanks

98#
發表於 07-3-21 17:57 |只看該作者

leegdb,

Did you pay the tuition deposit?  If you did, there must a place reserved for your son.

99#
發表於 07-3-21 18:15 |只看該作者

Yes, I paid it already.

MARKSIX 寫道:
leegdb,

Did you pay the tuition deposit?  If you did, there must a place reserved for your son.[/quote]

100#
發表於 07-3-21 18:47 |只看該作者

leegdb,

I'm quite sure your son has a place.  But you still have worries, u should get the reconfirmation from the school.

I was also asked by Mrs. Reeves during the interview to get my son well prepared for the K3 (ie. let him learn more english in the summer vacation). I think what she said is just an advice and reminder to the parents.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題