用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 CAIS 好唔好? (Christian Alliance International Schoo ...
樓主: ka_yo
go

CAIS 好唔好? (Christian Alliance International School) [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 06-12-18 13:22 |只看該作者

Re: CAIS 好唔好? (Christian Alliance International School)

As I knew, K3 (AM) class already full and K3(PM) class still have seat.  Therefore if you don't mind for K3 (P.M) class, I think they might arrange interview for you.  

Interview :  Numbers, shape, reading book and tell the story.

22#
發表於 06-12-20 09:11 |只看該作者

Hi Katherine

Thanks for your sharing.  Can you tell how long did the interview take ??  During interview, can both parents accompany with the child or only one parent ??  

katherineyeung 寫道:
As I knew, K3 (AM) class already full and K3(PM) class still have seat.  Therefore if you don't mind for K3 (P.M) class, I think they might arrange interview for you.  

Interview :  Numbers, shape, reading book and tell the story.

23#
發表於 06-12-22 20:51 |只看該作者

咁你地個個係入kindergarten, 咁grade 1容易入嗎?
我聽我親戚講中學就麻麻

24#
發表於 07-1-5 12:10 |只看該作者

I also want to know whether this school is good or not for the secondary section. Any parent knows, please share you experience to us. I also concern whether the student speak English or Cantonese while at school.  The percentage of International or chinese student.  I have no idea or friend's kid studies there so I would like to know more about CAIS.  Thanks a lot !  

25#
發表於 07-1-5 16:32 |只看該作者

Hi all CAIS parents,

I got the letter from CAIS that my son will have an interview on 30 Jan 07.  I'm so nervous now as I don't know what should I prepare. The letter said I need to bring a “letter of good behavior”. Does anyone know what it is? Is it same as the profile for applying P1 of local school? Please give me some comments.  Thank you.

TinaMummy,
My son is applying K3. When will be you interview? How is your preparation?

Katherineyeung,
Sorry to hear that. My son also failed in RC's interview . Hope he will success this time. So, what is your plan now?

26#
發表於 07-1-6 09:58 |只看該作者

Hi feet

My daughter will have an interview on 23 Jan.  A mum told me that the content of interview is reading story book / write a-z.

As I remember, I need to submit the latest school report (in English) and the filled form which submitted by school with the interview letter.  Anyway, I will check the letter again to see any "letter of good behavior" mentioned.

Besides, you said your son failed in RC's interview.  What's the content of RC interview??  RC is the int'l school in Discovery Bay??

27#
發表於 07-1-7 22:17 |只看該作者

My son has an interview on 15 Feb. I am requested to bring along a "student reference request form", does anyone know what is it? On my interview letter, it doesn't mention about "letter of good behavior", why?

As seen on BK, more kids are applying for K3. Is it more difficult to get in the G1?

28#
發表於 07-1-8 09:03 |只看該作者

I've checked with my interview letter, I need to bring along the 'student reference request form' only which enclosed with the interview letter.  No such 'letter of good behavior' is required.

Anyway, you may check again with the school.

29#
發表於 07-1-8 11:14 |只看該作者

hi tinamummy & leegbd,
re: letter of good behavior
I called the school and they said the letter sould be prepared by the current school, not by parents. She said not all the applicants requierd such letter and I wonder why my son needs so.  Anyway, I will talk to my son's class teacher to see she can provide me the letter or not.

tinamummy,
RC is in Ma On Shan.  I don't know what is the interview about as no parents accompany.  My son just told me he drew a picture and got a sticker from the teacher.

30#
發表於 07-1-8 14:33 |只看該作者

Hi fleet

Thanks for your info.

I suppose CAIS will send the form to my kid's school for comment if it's necessary.

Keep in touch.  

31#
發表於 07-1-9 10:57 |只看該作者

Hello, Fleet,

I have also applied RC for my son but I am still waiting for interview.  In fact, we live in Ma On Shan area so that we prefer RC or ICS rathar than CAIS.

Recently I applied ESF english course for my son which is location at RC.   He just attended 1st lesson on Jan 6, 07. It seems he was fun.   I hope it could help to enhance or improve his english in order to prepare interview for RC or ICS.

GOOD LUCK !

Katherine Yeung

32#
發表於 07-1-17 17:52 |只看該作者

My son failed in the interview at victoria cos he didn't speak putonghua and I've enrolled eng/pth stream for him...

I also applied CAIS.  Wondering does the interview in english purely?

33#
發表於 07-1-23 12:58 |只看該作者

Hi

My daughter did interview this morning and got the acceptance by the principal.  Just wanted to share the experience with you moms: -

1.  The principal had invited my family to her office and asked us any question about the school.  Afterwards, she did tell us about the school facility and environment.

2.  Then she asked the child to stay in her office and asked some questions to test her/his English standard (around 15-20 mins).  At that time, the parents were requested to sit down outside.

3.  The principal brought the child out and told us the result immediately.  She then guided us to have a look around the school (see music room, library, classroom and palyground, etc).

The principal is very nice.  We could finish the interview within 45 mins.

Good luck!

owenlam 寫道:
My son failed in the interview at victoria cos he didn't speak putonghua and I've enrolled eng/pth stream for him...

I also applied CAIS.  Wondering does the interview in english purely?

34#
發表於 07-1-23 13:30 |只看該作者

Hi Tinamum,

Thanks for your sharing.  

May I know why you choose this school considering that there is not much chinese learning.  Do you know how many chinese lessons/per week? how long for one lesson?  Is it taught by Mandarin?

Will you enrol after-school chinese lesson for your child?   I am still struggling whether to choose IS or private school/DSS which should have more chinese learning opportunities..  

Thanks!

35#
發表於 07-1-23 14:14 |只看該作者

Wow!

Congratulation and Celebration ...La la la la……
I'll apply K3 next year!

36#
發表於 07-1-23 23:37 |只看該作者

Congratulations TinaMummy!
May I ask you about the 'student reference request form'? Actually what's that about? Also I would like to know is your daughter applying for K3? Which session she was accepted am or pm? Thanks

37#
發表於 07-1-24 09:49 |只看該作者

Perryma

Thank you.

Regarding the 'student reference request form', I just filled the front page only.  The other information should be completed by your child's current school if requested by CAIS.  But the principal did not see my daughter's school report and the said form yestersday.  I think the form depends on the child's performance (my opinion only).

My daughter will study K3 this Aug 07.  During the interview, the Principal will ask your preference to take A.M. / P.M. class.  She said it depends on the bunch of selection.  She will write down your choice and will confirm you later by letter.

mtot

To choose CAIS is my preference only.  As you may see thier web-site, it's Canada curriculum.  In near future, we will send her to Canada for further study.  Besides, I live in Kowloon side...the transportation is quite convenience for my daughter.

Apart from English, you may choose Mandarin or French as the second language for the child.  Mandarin/French lesson will be provided every 2 days (around 35-45 mins, I forget the timing.

You may prepare your question and ask the Principal during interview.  Hope the above info. can help both of you.   
Perryma 寫道:
Congratulations TinaMummy!
May I ask you about the 'student reference request form'? Actually what's that about? Also I would like to know is your daughter applying for K3? Which session she was accepted am or pm? Thanks

38#
發表於 07-1-30 20:14 |只看該作者

Hi fleet

How's your child's interview today ??  

39#
發表於 07-1-31 00:36 |只看該作者

TinaMummy,
May I know that how long does the interview take?

40#
發表於 07-1-31 09:52 |只看該作者

Hi TinaMummy,
Happy to see your message today.
My son did the interview yesterday and got acceptance by the principal. I am soooo happy    . The interview was similar as yours, the principal invited us to her office, talked for a while, then my son stayed in the office to do some test. After that, the principal told me the result and brought us to walk around the school. I told the principal that I prefer PM class, how about you?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題