用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Anyone received confirm letter from Keen Mind ?
樓主: Reb
go

Anyone received confirm letter from Keen Mind ? [複製鏈接]

該用戶已被刪除

41#
發表於 06-11-26 01:33 |只看該作者

Re: Anyone received confirm letter from Keen Mind ?

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

42#
發表於 06-11-26 01:41 |只看該作者

MakeAWish 寫道:
我bb都收到KM的信, 收他入AM. 但我不知應否讓他在這裡讀, 因為我擔心KM未必真的好像我們以為的可以提供良好的中英語文環境.

My son is in K3 of KM.  I have absolutely no doubt on the academic level of KM.  For English, they use Oxford Story Tree: Red book for K1, Blue for K2 and Green for K3.

But beware, the level advances quite a lot when going from K1 to K2.  My son can handle all his homeworks well and he is happy in school.  But note that I spend quite a lot of time reading English books with him and he is already reading at a level well beyond most K3 students.

Regarding the size of the classrooms, I am quite puzzled when people say that KM's classroom is small.  I don't think they are small compared with others (except Cannan - did I spell it correctly? The spelling of Cannan is different from Canaan in the Bible).

Yes, Cannan is big, clean and spacious, but I didn't consider it for some other reasons.  In fact, I hate comparing schools in this forum because we all have different expectations and no one school is suitable to all.

In fact, I am quite at home in KM and I think the hygiene is good.

43#
發表於 06-11-26 04:48 |只看該作者

KAREN&TON 寫道:
我都係k1 am,but好多幼稚園都係一年am,一年pm

Anyone know why or any advantage to study 一年am,一年pm??  

km said k3 will be pm class but not claim "int'l pm class", anyone could confirm this point? thanks

I worried pm class is hard to join other activity course other than those in km, any pm class mami could share their experience? thanks a lot.

44#
發表於 06-11-26 07:08 |只看該作者

receive the acceptance of am class, but still waiting for SC to make decision

45#
發表於 06-11-26 13:31 |只看該作者

請問你地幾號交留位費?

46#
發表於 06-11-26 13:40 |只看該作者

SC - English standard is good but not chinese, so when students go to primary school, it is difficult to adapt the new environment (as a lot of dictation and test and homeworks in all traditional primary schools)

KV - good in acadamic but no NET, English listening and oral is not as good as SC (except you sent your kids to extra English class 2 or 3 times a week).

KM - it has NET and acadamic standard is the same high as KV.  Students are more easier to adapt primary life, coz KM K3 = LS P1

47#
發表於 06-11-26 14:09 |只看該作者

jlhome 寫道:
[quote]
KAREN&TON 寫道:
我都係k1 am,but好多幼稚園都係一年am,一年pm

Anyone know why or any advantage to study 一年am,一年pm??  

km said k3 will be pm class but not claim "int'l pm class", anyone could confirm this point? thanks
[/quote]

I guess because the number of students of KM is increasing over the past few years and they don't have enough space for everyone to study in AM classes.  In the past, they have only 1 PM class in each level.  Well, this is just my guess, don't have chance to chat with other KM parents yet.

When my son entered KM at N1, it was much easier to get in.  One of my reasons for choosing KM was because it is small.  It is much easier for everyone to know each other.  The aunties are nice and thet know all the kids.  But now, it is more difficult to get in and the number of classes are increasing.

The academic level of KM is high, and some may even consider it too high.  K1 was very easy.  But starting from K2, the amount of homework increased quite a bit and is much more difficult.  Your kid may need some time to adjust and need some help from the parents.  For my son, he could handle everything very well except writing the Chinese characters.  Fortunately, in the second term of K2, things improved a lot.  He finished most his homework at home by himself (before we come back home) most of the time except sometimes the Chinese characters because he may not be able to remember all the stroke sequences.

But I think academic level should not be the only criteria for choosing a kindergarten.  The level of KM is in fact higher than I had expected.

For English language standard, I don't think you can rely on the school alone, no matter which school.  Many parents themselves are good in English and teach their kids at home or speak to them in English.

48#
發表於 06-11-26 14:42 |只看該作者

I agreed with 鳳梨

and that's the reason I have chosen KM.
Before I select schools for my daughter, I have do some research work, comments from webs and friends and other parents, and of course having direct contact of chidlren studying in those school
The daughter of my friend who study in KM is very outspoken, lively, and expressive. Creative and thoughful.
For SC and KV is also okay.
After thorough thoughts and to lessen the stress of my girl, I have only applied KM and SC.
[url=http://[/url]

49#
發表於 06-11-26 21:20 |只看該作者

Hi Smalljokerbb,
Thanks for your info. I know more about these kindergartens, I think I know how to choose that suitable to my son.
Thanks

50#
發表於 06-11-26 23:39 |只看該作者

I think this is a typing error only. The boards are prepared by the class teachers,  not the NETs. The English lessons are conducted by NET. They won't make spelling mistakes.

MakeAWish 寫道:
我bb都收到KM的信, 收他入AM. 但我不知應否讓他在這裡讀, 因為我擔心KM未必真的好像我們以為的可以提供良好的中英語文環境.
事情發生在interview那天當我們參觀校舍時, 在壁報板上發現貼了每個月生日的小朋友姓名, 這本來是好事, 但當我看到八月份時......"Augest",   為何"August"的spelling變了, 這是否另一個spelling呢, 回家查字典, 但找不到答案.
可有人願意赐教呢? Thank you.  [/quote]

51#
發表於 06-11-27 10:22 |只看該作者

Rham 寫道:

I guess because the number of students of KM is increasing over the past few years and they don't have enough space for everyone to study in AM classes.  In the past, they have only 1 PM class in each level.  Well, this is just my guess, don't have chance to chat with other KM parents yet.

When my son entered KM at N1, it was much easier to get in.  One of my reasons for choosing KM was because it is small.  It is much easier for everyone to know each other.  The aunties are nice and thet know all the kids.  But now, it is more difficult to get in and the number of classes are increasing.

The academic level of KM is high, and some may even consider it too high.  K1 was very easy.  But starting from K2, the amount of homework increased quite a bit and is much more difficult.  Your kid may need some time to adjust and need some help from the parents.  For my son, he could handle everything very well except writing the Chinese characters.  Fortunately, in the second term of K2, things improved a lot.  He finished most his homework at home by himself (before we come back home) most of the time except sometimes the Chinese characters because he may not be able to remember all the stroke sequences.

But I think academic level should not be the only criteria for choosing a kindergarten.  The level of KM is in fact higher than I had expected.

For English language standard, I don't think you can rely on the school alone, no matter which school.  Many parents themselves are good in English and teach their kids at home or speak to them in English.
[/quote]

Thanks Rham.

I like km but I still concern their academic level is too high.  I know kids can manage it but I want my son to have easy live in kingdergarden.  I think their chinese handwriting should be less than now.

52#
發表於 06-11-27 10:42 |只看該作者

Rham,
hi! I am existing km k1 parent, any result from your central allocation for p1? can you share somethings about the interviews for the DSS/Private schools ?

53#
發表於 06-11-27 11:46 |只看該作者

Hi Rham

Can you tell me other than the school fee, is there any misc. fee?  I know other kinder in KLN Tong receive high misc fee.

54#
發表於 06-11-27 12:07 |只看該作者

FAYE-FAYE 寫道:
Moreover, I've noticed in Keen Mind's topic at 幼兒園 section that their kids are getting sick all the time.  

It is very common for a small bb getting sick when they first go to school.  It does not just happen in a particular 幼兒園.

55#
發表於 06-11-27 12:26 |只看該作者

請問 pm int'l class 係双語會唔會對學英文好d?
出黎成績會唔會好過am class 果 d?

如果 k1讀 pm, k2 可唔可以轉返中英class, 因為我唔諗住讀國際小學

同埋讀 pm 會唔會參加唔到課外活動呢? 佢地活動係 sat or平日呀?

56#
發表於 06-11-27 13:03 |只看該作者

出黎成績會唔會好過am class 果 d?

同埋讀 pm 會唔會參加唔到課外活動呢? 佢地活動係 sat or平日呀?

57#
發表於 06-11-27 13:13 |只看該作者

chris1874,

** of course the kids will have more chances to face with the NET, and more chances for them to speak Eng and Listen to the NET.

出黎成績會唔會好過am class 果 d?

** I think it depends on the individual kid/
** actually international class not = international school. The curriculum between international class and am class are the same, only the difference is == pm class--> the NEt teacher will stay for 3 hours.

同埋讀 pm 會唔會參加唔到課外活動呢? 佢地活動係 sat or平日呀

** no, all the majoy課外活動 are on Sat.

58#
發表於 06-11-27 13:22 |只看該作者

請問佢地既校車費係幾錢,有冇只搭一程而唔係來回架? 仲有我想問k1 am/pm/int'l 有乜分别呢?

59#
發表於 06-11-27 14:14 |只看該作者

Yes!!
My BB also got accepted in K1 AM class. So far,

KM am class - will pay fee on 8/12
KV am class - will give up
St Cat - waiting for result but will give up anyways
YCC(又一村學校) whole-day class - already paid

So now, I am still thinking between KM and YCC. (as I’m a full-time working mama, so I think to let the kid stay longer in school is better than staying home with the house-maid...)
What do you think? Any advice?

60#
發表於 06-11-27 14:25 |只看該作者

monmantong

The curriculum between international class and am class are the same, only the difference is == pm class, 但唔係用英普教咩? 因為我普通話 not very well 唔知點教佢, 同埋我驚佢慣咗用普通話上堂, 第日小學轉返中文會唔慣.

同埋, 上堂時間 1.30-4.30 d 時間點分配呢?? 會唔會無得訓晏覺, 訓醒又要做功課, 無咗 playtime, 好辛苦呢!

都唔知轉唔轉返 am 好!

monmantong 寫道:
chris1874,

** of course the kids will have more chances to face with the NET, and more chances for them to speak Eng and Listen to the NET.

出黎成績會唔會好過am class 果 d?

** I think it depends on the individual kid/
** actually international class not = international school. The curriculum between international class and am class are the same, only the difference is == pm class--> the NEt teacher will stay for 3 hours.

同埋讀 pm 會唔會參加唔到課外活動呢? 佢地活動係 sat or平日呀

** no, all the majoy課外活動 are on Sat.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題