教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF Peak or Glenealy or Bradbury School
發新帖
查看: 9644|回覆: 19
go

ESF Peak or Glenealy or Bradbury School [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-11-23 08:50 |只看該作者

ESF Peak or Glenealy or Bradbury School

Hello, as the subject.  Is there a reason to prefer one over another ?

2#
發表於 06-11-23 09:38 |只看該作者

Re: ESF Peak or Glenealy or Bradbury School

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

3#
發表於 06-11-23 09:49 |只看該作者

It does not matter for us as we are very flexible.  We've moved twice the past 4 years

4#
發表於 06-11-23 09:57 |只看該作者

5#
發表於 06-11-23 10:01 |只看該作者

I am more concerned about the quality of each of the these schools.  I heard that although they are all ESF schools, the quality is not the same.  

We are ready to compromise our living standard if there is a good reason to choose a certain school.  

6#
發表於 06-11-23 11:13 |只看該作者

Peak has higher % of overseas students, while Glenealy has less.  I was told (but I didn't verify) that Western mid-levels (Robinson Road, Conduit Road, etc.) is considered to be part of the Glenealy school zone.  Mid-levels (May Road, Peak, MacDonnell Road, etc.) students will be assigned to the Peak.  This is new zoning - done because Glenealy and its vicinity has too many students (population very crowded at mid-levels and western mid-levels), while the Peak area is under-populated.  Therefore, although my home is within walking distance (less than 5 minutes) to Glenealy, my child will be assigned to the Peak if I chose to apply.

7#
發表於 06-11-23 12:09 |只看該作者

Is it the same case for secondary place allocation? Will a ESF primary graduate living in Mid-levels or Western Mid-levels be admitted to West Island School or South Island School but not Island School? Did this happen in these few years? Any good ways to enhance the chance to get into Island School but not others? Thank you.  

8#
發表於 06-11-23 13:37 |只看該作者

9#
發表於 06-11-23 13:42 |只看該作者

10#
發表於 06-11-23 16:17 |只看該作者

Referring to the following message
"Island is traditionally the most rigorous academically, [SIS has a special unit for students with learning disabilities].....", what do you think?

Again, any idea on the questions:
"Is it the same case for secondary place allocation? Will a ESF primary graduate living in Mid-levels or Western Mid-levels be admitted to West Island School or South Island School but not Island School? Did this happen in these few years? Any good ways to enhance the chance to get into Island School but not others?"

Thanks.

11#
發表於 06-11-23 16:59 |只看該作者

12#
發表於 06-11-23 19:13 |只看該作者

Dear  leehoma001,

Thanks for your ideas.
To me, Island School's academic rigor is attractive.

By the way, I would like to retain my questions:
"Is it the same case for secondary place allocation? Will a ESF primary graduate living in Mid-levels or Western Mid-levels be admitted to West Island School or South Island School but not Island School? Did this happen in these few years? Any good ways to enhance the chance to get into Island School but not others?"

13#
發表於 06-11-23 19:19 |只看該作者

lulusing,

Guess you need to ask ESF Centre directly as they are rezoning every year based on no. of applications.  They are changing the zoning slightly again just now for primary and secondary applications.

14#
發表於 06-11-23 19:58 |只看該作者

Dear WYmom,

Yes, this is a formal way. Thank you.

Another way is to follow a simple logic:
the nearer you live (within the zone) to the school,
the higher the chance you will be allocated to it but not another school (in another zone).

15#
發表於 06-11-23 21:30 |只看該作者

Dear courtbas,

What did you hear about the differences among ESF schools? I don't really know their actual differences. However, a small school is usually easier to be managed  well. In Glenealy's web, the principal said,'Glenealy is an outstanding primary school, educating children in years one to six in the Mid-levels area of Hong Kong.Since its beginnings on the current site in 1959, it has established a tradition of excellence built on the outstanding academic, cultural and sporting achievements of our students.' Hence, Glenealy is likely to be a quality one (?).

16#
發表於 06-11-24 10:04 |只看該作者

17#
發表於 06-11-24 10:06 |只看該作者

18#
發表於 06-11-24 13:39 |只看該作者

Dear leehoma001,

Many thanks. You can play the role as a 'critical friend'  in this forum. I would have more reflections from your ideas.  

19#
發表於 06-11-25 23:06 |只看該作者

20#
發表於 06-11-30 21:24 |只看該作者

Dear courtbas,

Any decision on ESF Peak or Glenealy or Bradbury School? Reasons?

lulusing
‹ 上一主題|下一主題