教育王國 討論區 海外留學 High shcool in Canada, Vancouver
查看: 8029|回覆: 49
go

High shcool in Canada, Vancouver [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-11-21 13:48 |只看該作者

High shcool in Canada, Vancouver

Dear Parents,

Did any BK parents know which high school is good in West Vancouver?  Please give me some commands

2#
發表於 06-11-21 22:29 |只看該作者

Re: High shcool in Canada, Vancouver

Are you looking for public or private?
If public, you may try West Vancouver School Board.
If you need any help just let me know, coz I work in overseas education agency!

3#
發表於 06-11-21 23:49 |只看該作者

西溫定溫西??

4#
發表於 06-11-22 12:45 |只看該作者

Dear Quentin,

Tks for your reply.  But what is West Vancouver School Board?  

Also, I would like to know both public or private school in West Vancouver.  If you can, please inform me the school name. Tks a lot!

5#
發表於 06-11-22 13:21 |只看該作者

Dear STBY,

West Vancouver School Board is just like 教育局 in HK, different city have different school board. Each school board provides kindergarten, elemerty and secondary schools. In Vancouver, public schools are most popular than private ones, if you are looking for private schools, you may try Bodwell High or St. James International School. One thing you have to know is private schools in Canada do not have much Canadian students, coz Canadian students goes to public, overseas students such as Chinese, Japanese...etc they will go to private schools.

6#
發表於 06-11-22 13:56 |只看該作者

Dear Quentin,

Tks your clear explanation.  Is any website can check the West Vancouver School Board?  Please advise.

Do you have any children who enter the elementary or secondary school in Canada?

7#
發表於 06-11-22 15:08 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

8#
發表於 06-11-22 17:52 |只看該作者

You can check here for West Vancouver School Board (District 45)

West Vancouver School Board

9#
發表於 06-11-22 21:23 |只看該作者

Hi Quentin0227,

Do you have any information about high school in Montreal? My son applied 2 private schools in West Island 2 years ago, the one I preferred put him on waiting list since he doesn't speak much French at that time while the other one admitted him after taking an exam. We paid some fees to save him  a place in G.7 but at the last minute, my husband changed his mind to have my son stayed in HK since he said he can't stand to send him there so early. I asked the school if we can get the refund but keep checking and checking and still no reply until now. So I feel disappointed about this school not because I can't get my $$ back, it's because of not getting  back to me, it seems quite irresponsible! We plan him to leave again for G9 but heard that everyone studying in Canada needs to take an open exam in G9. Is that true? If that's the case, we have to send him there for G10 since I really think we need to give him some time to settle down and catch up. Any advise? Thanks a million!

10#
發表於 06-11-23 13:14 |只看該作者

If your son doesn't speak much French, I don't think Montreal is a good place for him. Weather is cold there, the language he don't get use, he might don't feel good there.

Grade 9 student do not have to take public exam, but some places in Canada need to take public exam in Grade 12 to get in Univ.

Toronto is a better place than Montreal what I think.

11#
發表於 06-11-23 14:15 |只看該作者

Dear rickybaba,

Tks for your info.  Actually I am going to immigrant to Regina city in Saskatchewan next year as my relatives are living there for many years.  But I am now planning to move to West Vancouver after my son finished elementary school.  My son is now 9 years old.  He studies Grade 4 now in HK.  Can you advise me some ideas upon my planning?  

12#
發表於 06-11-23 15:02 |只看該作者

Thanks, Quentin0227! Actually we have families there in Montreal and my son went there at least once a year ever since he was 1 year old. He loves there and we have spent  1 or 2 X'mas there and planning for another one this year. For the past few years, he took summer school in John Abbott and he loves that very much. He already considered YUL as his second home. He is now in F.2 and taking French (instead of Chinese) at school and also in Alliance France for almost 4 years. What you mean is there is no public exam in F.3 and so if I start now, I can send hime there for F.3? I do have families in YYZ (Thornhill) but I want an envoirment with not too many Chinese, so even I can find him a school in YYZ with not too many Chinese students, he still have lots of chances to meet Chinese anywhere in YYZ!

13#
發表於 06-11-23 17:35 |只看該作者

Hi Question0227,
My daughter is 12 year old, I'm planning to send her to Burnaby. Do you have any idea of school over there? Since I'm a Canadian but move back to HK a few years ago.  Do you think my daughter can go to the public school ? She was born in Canada.
Thanks a lot.

Amy

14#
發表於 06-11-24 03:21 |只看該作者

here is the ranking list of school from Fraser Institue and please have a look if you are interested to send your kids to study in Vancouver.

http://www.fraserinstitute.ca/shared/readmore.asp?sNav=pb&id=838

15#
發表於 06-11-24 04:28 |只看該作者

Hi trustme,

I think the French level is more difficult if you studied in Montreal. Unless you are able to get into a English school which requires proof that both parents studied in English school.

I used to study in Montreal and I know quite a few friends that were stuck in highschool because they couldn't pass the French exam in grade 11. So they can't graduate from highschool. It was a disaster.

Please think twice before sending your son to study in Montreal.

16#
發表於 06-11-24 05:38 |只看該作者

Thanks, PoohPooh Mama! it's so glad to hear that you studied in YUL. I don't have much choice, only YYZ or YUL. My son been to YYZ twice but he doesn't like there and he prefers to go to YUL. Actually the school I applied is in West Island and we can choose to attend English class although there are still mandatory lessons for French. Luckily, my families in YUL all speak French and her daughter also graduated from the same school which I think it may help my son a bit. You are right, I think the French he learns in school is much easier than in YUL. I really think he needs to pick up a lot when he goes there. However, everytime I talk to his French teacher, she said his French is good and said he can manage well! To be honest, that's what I worry! Can you have some recommendation in private schools in West Island? Thanks!

17#
發表於 06-11-24 12:16 |只看該作者

Hi Trustme,

Sorry, I didn't study highschool in Montreal. I finished F.5 and started CEGEP there. Therefore I have no recommandation for you.

The french we learnt in HK is a little different than the quebecois. If you get help from your relatives, that may help, but still he needs to pick up a lot especially the oral part. Just like we learn English all 11 years in HK, but when we speak we will have an accent.

Actually, I enjoy living in Montreal too! If I can find a job in Montreal, I would love to stay there forever!

18#
發表於 06-11-24 13:05 |只看該作者

Dear Amy,

Since you and your daughter are Canadian, she can get into public school.

You may try Burnaby School District - SD41.

But one thing you have to know is, the school might need your girl take an ESL course.

If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

19#
發表於 06-11-24 13:10 |只看該作者

Dear STBY,

I don't have any children in Canada, coz my boy is only 9 months old now. But I did sent some students to Canada high school (Secondary)

20#
發表於 06-11-24 13:20 |只看該作者

Dear Trustme,

You may try these schools below;

1. Kells Academy
2. St-Georges School of Montreal

Of course, you may send him to Canada after his F.2

‹ 上一主題|下一主題