用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 有冇人係外國留過學呀?? 同埋讀邊間school呢~~ ...
樓主: milkbear23
go

有冇人係外國留過學呀?? 同埋讀邊間school呢~~ [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 07-2-2 14:12 |只看該作者

Re: 有冇人係外國留過學呀?? 同埋讀邊間school呢~~

Hi, I was graduated in Economics with Japanese Studies at Lancaster University, UK. Also 1 year as an exchange student at Sophia University (上智大學) , Tokyo, Japan. I also studied A-level in Coleg Glen Hafren (Welsh Name) in Cardiff, Wales.

102#
發表於 07-2-5 02:39 |只看該作者

Hi all, I was graduated from Carle Place High school in N.Y. and studied in NYIT for one year.  after then, i immgrated to West Coast, Canada and came back to H.K. six years ago.  Now, i am thinking to let my daugther going back there for her study.

103#
發表於 07-2-6 23:59 |只看該作者

Graduated from Escambia High School in Florida.  
4 Years from University of West Florida for BS and worked there for 8 years before moving to HK.

Now that my son had completed his primary school in HK last year, he is in the States for his 7th grade and seems to enough his school life there.  

版主 醒目開學勳章

104#
發表於 07-2-11 01:29 |只看該作者

fungwongphie, my son is year 1.

105#
發表於 07-2-11 15:41 |只看該作者

I went to Northside Anglican Community School in Perth, Western Australia and graduated from Curtin University from Western Australia.

貢獻勳章

106#
發表於 07-2-17 19:13 |只看該作者

sfll,

3 yrs to go jei.   

I have to wait at least 6 times of this duration for my daughter to go college nei.

Is your son living @ south side now ??  Heard that they have sold out most of the dorm area to gain $$ wor.  I used to live @ Paddington, a hall for post-grad's.

107#
發表於 07-2-18 15:38 |只看該作者

Eva222,
What do you think of Michigan Ann Arbor? Can you tell me something about what your daughter studies there? It's very expensive to attend a famous uni in the States.

108#
發表於 07-2-18 15:52 |只看該作者

leafun,
I am considering sending my girl to mlc. But there are views that "no Aussie grads are good enough, so it's not worth the $" Some people say an Aussie Grad won't even get an interview op. I don't really buy that sort of views but my husband is not sure. I think there are bound to be good students in Aus Unis who might not have the $ to go to UK or States.
My questions:
1. Did mlc live up to your expectation? Can you share your experience at mlc?
2. Were you disadvantaged because you studied in Aus and did not start off enjoying the benefits of the "old boys' network"? Some friends of ours have ensured us that prospective employers will not only look at the "country of origine" of a cert.
Thanks a lot.

leafun 寫道:
我響Melbourne讀咗五年書,兩年high school,三年uni。好似fc2004668一樣,好miss果度既生活。

109#
發表於 07-2-23 02:48 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

醒目開學勳章

110#
發表於 07-2-26 15:47 |只看該作者

我97年反來既.
[img][/img][img align=left

111#
發表於 07-2-26 17:53 |只看該作者

Eva222,
I know that UMich at Ann Arbor is very good and famous!  

112#
發表於 07-2-27 00:31 |只看該作者

簽名被屏蔽

113#
發表於 07-3-3 23:04 |只看該作者

簽名被屏蔽

114#
發表於 07-3-4 08:31 |只看該作者

3 yrs in Sydney, Grad in Uni of Technology Sydney. now live in Sydney permanently

115#
發表於 07-3-5 22:01 |只看該作者

Hi ivyscyip,

we are looking to move back to Boston within the next 5 years.   We would like to consider enrolling our little one into the local private school.  Some of our friends recommended Winsor school and Milton Academy.  Do you know anything about these 2 schools?  Thank you.

ivyscyip 寫道:
When do you plan on going back to the states?

I am thinking of going back, at the latest, when my baby reaches 9th grade (since college admission is dependent on 9-12 grade's grades).  However, if she is not performing in Hong Kong's schools, I may have to move back earlier.  My uncle's family just moved back to the states as my cousin was struggling in schools here.  He is in second grade only.

If we move back, it is likely that we would move back to Boston since both my husband and I went to school there.  Alternatively, we may move to San Francisco.  We would let our child choose which college she wants to go to, but of course we love for her to go to MIT.     Both her daddy and I are MIT alum.

[quote]
lenglengma 寫道:
Definately go back to the states...because we are American Chinese...so don't have other choices.  I want them to choose by themselves.  If they get into MIT, I will definately let them go!!  
[/quote]

116#
發表於 07-3-20 04:43 |只看該作者

katyfok 寫道:
lenglengma , balloon 2006...
Hey, we're all Californians..  but you guys are from the So.
Hee hee...
Any UC, Berkeley here??

UC Berkeley!!! BS + MS 都系距!!!!

117#
發表於 07-3-20 04:45 |只看該作者

balloon2006 寫道:

I am still in states now

我都系窩!
你系US 邊度?

118#
發表於 07-3-26 16:54 |只看該作者

whoa!  looks like not many londoners around...  

my hubby & i both studied & worked in the uk -

me: 4.5 yrs secondary school, 4 yrs undergrad + master @ UCL, 3 yrs working in London

hubby: 6 yrs secondary school, 3 yrs undergrad @ UCL, master @ LSE, 1 yr working in London
‹ 上一主題|下一主題