用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 St. Paul Boys vs 基灣小學(愛蝶灣)
樓主: pumbaa
go

St. Paul Boys vs 基灣小學(愛蝶灣) [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 06-11-22 17:04 |只看該作者

Re: St. Paul Boys vs 基灣小學(愛蝶灣)

pumbaa :

1) Do many students need to attend private tutor course in order to keep their academic performance?
=> 係唔係多人要補習我就唔知.  不過我問過我個仔, 佢話冇同學要補習 (唔知係咪年紀細呢?)

2) Some rumour indicates that most of the students in SPC are from rich family, discrimination is quite common and students seperated into different groups according to their backgroup. Is it true?
=> 一間直資, 月費3K, 要預呢筆$, 又要比其他活動費, 家長都會諗過度過自己既經濟能力.  有錢既, 都唔少 (我朝朝都見成排private cars).  不過, 好似我咁既小康之家都有好多, 因為我住學校附近, 朝朝返學都見到d同區同學仔(好明顯係行路返學o個d), 而且有d同學都會申請學校既subsidy, 又有公務員用edu allowance比個仔去讀. 我就唔發覺有好明顯既discrimination.  相反, 以我個仔o個班, 大家家長都好齊心, 開完家長會識得發email話番比冇到既家長知, 有時d仔有野唔識/唔見, 我事但call個mami佢地都好helpful, 有次仲scan埋份通告email比我.  暫時黎講, 我唔覺得有黨派, 要講既, 可能係全職mami o個班圍內比較熟d, 佢地會多d contacts.

3) If you could choose one more time, would you choose SPC?
=> 以我自己既情況, 計埋天時地利人和, 我都會揀SPC既.

42#
發表於 06-11-22 17:06 |只看該作者

Teresa,
is the school fee including some ECA? if so, then it is not so expensive, because parents can save the money, need not send them out for courses.

is it true that the school fee for p4-5 are fee?

43#
發表於 06-11-22 17:14 |只看該作者

Teresa,

Thank you so such for being my free consultant.

I have made up my mind and I will go for SPC.

As I am a Christian, I'm eager to know how is the religious study too. Any comment.      

44#
發表於 06-11-22 20:59 |只看該作者

monmantong 寫道:
Teresa,
is the school fee including some ECA? if so, then it is not so expensive, because parents can save the money, need not send them out for courses.

is it true that the school fee for p4-5 are fee?

有d活動係自己老師教, 所以唔洗比$.  但係其他搵出面教練/老師既就要收$.

小四五而家唔洗錢o係因為佢地o入小一o個時未轉直資, 所以一路上都唔洗$.  但下一年開始既小四生就要比學費喇.

45#
發表於 06-11-22 23:04 |只看該作者

Hi Pumbaa,

Read your quoted, I am so disappointed that why don't you check out before post your message out, do you know it may be mis-leading bk parents. Refer the school web site that showed the school was established on 1970, it is already over 36 years history, how come you said it is a new school, no track record. Furthermore No matter which school we are prefer the best, when we give out our sharing or information, it is better in fact and in fair.

Cheers

46#
發表於 06-11-22 23:11 |只看該作者

pumbaa 寫道:
Teresa,

Thank you so such for being my free consultant.

I have made up my mind and I will go for SPC.

As I am a Christian, I'm eager to know how is the religious study too. Any comment.      

小一聖經堂都係d聖經故事同背金句.  聖誕節都好似有報佳音活動.  不過唔知有冇團契 (好似有, for 高年級).

47#
發表於 06-11-22 23:42 |只看該作者

Hi CNlucky,

You are welcome, sorry to hear that your kid failed, but don't give up. Cheers up.

Yes, the school is really good at both in music and choir, you can easy check the records form school web. For my memories, at last ten years, the school band, choir always  stand at the top three of HK music and choir competition fesitival. Furhtermore,
at last few years, the school had sent the school band, choir to other countries, such as British, USA,
Korea, Germany, China and Macau in summer holidays for participate the competition over there, and the school always a winner. If you have time, it is worth to visit the school web. *http://www.ccckeiwan.edu.hk/* you can get more and know more what you want. Especially the school just post out  the picture of 升中家長會, there have six secondary school principals introudcing their school  one by one to P5,6 students and parents.

I really do not know whether the school will read all the application one by one or not, so you may try to send the letter for their reference.

If you still have any query, don't hesitate to let me know, I will do the best to tell you what I kown.

Good Lucky

48#
發表於 06-11-22 23:58 |只看該作者

pumbaa 寫道:
Quote from other website chat room:
As from gossip, Kei Wan goes to band 1 because it is a govt school and is newly established, no track record. One of my son's schoolmate with middle grades transfer to it and got into SKH Tang Siu Kin because they give Kei Wan 20 seats which is more than my son's current school.

If I were you, I will take St Paul for sure, because they have secondary and from the admission brief of SPC last Sat, they'll take almost all of their primary to the secondary.

And yes, they will move to Wong Chuk Hang which is next to the Aberdeen Tunnel's exit, but no idea is it 08 or 10.

the st.paul going to wong chuk hang is st. paul co-ed, not sp boys.

49#
發表於 06-11-23 09:32 |只看該作者

Hi Jcmichelle & mattsmum,

Sorry for the wrong quote from other website which consists of WRONG INFORMATION.   

I would like to emphasis that I know CCC Kei Wan is a very good school, otherwise, I would not choose it for the first round application.

Yesterday, the staff of CCC Kei Wan called me and reminded me to register on 23/Nov.... Pluzzled again...  
該用戶已被刪除

50#
發表於 06-11-23 10:07 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

51#
發表於 06-11-23 10:23 |只看該作者

Dear BK parents,

我的兒子在基灣(愛蝶灣)讀三年級。

我的個人意見是,如果你的小朋友做事眼明手快,又喜歡音樂的話,那她/他便應該適應到基灣的功課量,也可享受到優質的音樂訓練。但如小朋友的能力較弱,例如好似我女兒那樣──記憶力較差、語言發展和抄寫能力稍遜,則要詳加考慮;如果媽媽或爸爸是全職帶孩子的,那還可一試,否則對能力較弱的小朋友未必是好事。

所以,即使女兒報讀基灣超級高分,定獲取錄,但我們考慮過她的能力後,還是給她另選其他學校。

52#
發表於 06-11-23 10:29 |只看該作者

H&WMama,

Thanks for sharing.

As a parent, you can feel that it's a difficult decision.

SPB & CCC Kei Wan are the final choices from my list (several schools accepted my son too).

53#
發表於 06-11-23 10:40 |只看該作者

wywyandkk,

Thanks for sharing,

You get the same concern with me.

Beside the exam/homework pressure, I also consider most of the SPB students can enter SPC Secondary School.

The game of finding school is absolutely exhausting.
I don't want to play one more time.

Of course, I still can choose a better Secondary School if my son's result is good in SPB. Right?   

54#
發表於 06-11-23 12:09 |只看該作者

Teresa

Thank you again for your valuable information.

請問小六是否大部份學生都會選直屬中學?

聽說中學其實可以接收所有小六生 (因中學開六班, 小學得三班)

但小學就話只有7成上 st.paul 男中
是因為有3成去了其他更好的學校?
還是成績未達標 (band 3?), 中學唔收
如是者, 較差學生出路如何?

55#
發表於 06-11-23 12:25 |只看該作者

dsm,

你說得對!中學有6班,小學有3班,理論上都可以全部直升。

不過現在的情況比較“尷尬”,因爲現在的小六生還是當年用派位形式入讀SPC的,所以他們到現在也不用給學費。雖然學校說有85%可以升回自己中學,但家長們也會考慮學費問題(中學部要$48,000/年),所以就算成績達標,也不一定選自己中學。成績拔尖的,當然會去考其他名校,事實上,每年都有些頂尖的入了名中學。相反,外面小學的學生,也可以自由報讀中學(因爲直資),當然,在可以選擇的情況下,中學部都會希望選外來尖子吧!

今年中學部來了個外籍校長,短短半年,都已經看出他要改革一下。在我們上次家長會中,班主任傳達校長的話,說爲了提高學生水平,從小四開始實行留班制度,我相信多多少少都是中學部“壓‘下來的指令,希望從自己小學上去的學生有一定水平。其實這也是好的,學校的banding都是按學生banding來分,並不是學校自己本身。我也贊成這個做法,起碼讓家長覺得,入到SPC中學部,付48,000,不求“物超所值”,也希望“物有所值”吧!

56#
發表於 06-11-23 13:19 |只看該作者

Teresa

依你所說
我們現時入小學的是否沒有了升中派位的優勢(85%)
而需跟其他小學生一起競爭 ST PAUL 男中學位?

中學概覽列出現時中學學費為 HK$38,000
是否已有消息會加到 HK$48,000 ? 

中小學會否接一條龍呢?

Sorry for too many questions

57#
發表於 06-11-23 13:49 |只看該作者

dsm,

學費是38,000嗎?(我沒有check過,只知道是over 35,000.)

我估也不是失去了直屬中學的優勢吧!SPCPS仍然有priority入SPC的,當然,你作爲家長,也不希望中學部的水平每況越下吧!SPC既然是直資,當然有收生自主權,如果你是SPC校長,你也希望收來的中一生有一定水準吧!

轉一條龍的問題,我仔讀小一時候開家長會上,校長說過他們正在籌備把SPC和SPCPS轉成一條龍。不過她沒有給我們一個很明確的日子幾時實現。你可以在星期五的briefing問問。

對我來說,我選擇 SPCPS的其中一個原因是進可攻退可守,比起入津小,升中的擔心較少.

58#
發表於 06-11-23 16:47 |只看該作者

Teresa

多謝你快回應!

在我來說
最重要學校能著重品德教育
我只求孩子不要害怕返學
適當的考試/功課仍是需要的
學校有透明度
除成績表外, 我亦可知他在校的其他表現
此外, 我和 husband 都不想六年後再一次為入學頻撲

st. paul boys 似乎能夠平衡學術/活動, 不會太"谷" (至小p1-p4 不會)
雖然成績不及一些高 banding 的學校
但有不錯的中學做 backup

你覺得比較屬傳統教學還是活動教學呢?
之前放棄了高主教, 因感覺太傳統 (1班 40+ 人) st. paul boys 會比較活動嗎?

請問你囝囝是那間幼稚園?
st.paul boys 有冇特別多收某間幼稚園?
小一是怎樣分班?
除英文及常識外, 其他全用中文教?
上直屬英中接到嗎?

Again, sorry for so many questions

59#
發表於 06-11-24 09:08 |只看該作者

Teresa,

I like your word "進可攻退可守".
‹ 上一主題|下一主題