用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 St. Paul Boys vs 基灣小學(愛蝶灣)
查看: 4461|回覆: 58
go

St. Paul Boys vs 基灣小學(愛蝶灣) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-11-20 10:36 |只看該作者

St. Paul Boys vs 基灣小學(愛蝶灣)

St. Paul Boys vs 中華基督教會基灣小學(愛蝶灣)

Got acceptances from both schools.
Just know that the academic result of 基灣小學(愛蝶灣) is very good (90% band 1) but the pressure is also very high.
St. Paul Boys can link with St. Paul College. I believe St. Paul Boys enjoy more resource as a DSS school.

Any comment! please!  

2#
發表於 06-11-20 11:15 |只看該作者

Re: St. Paul Boys vs 基灣小學(愛蝶灣)

the academic result of 基灣小學(愛蝶灣) is very good (90% band 1) but the pressure is also very high.

有人喜歡給小孩地獄式訓練,但如果你是小孩,你會喜歡嗎?

3#
發表於 06-11-20 11:18 |只看該作者

Thank you for your comment.
May be I just need someone supporting my decision.

4#
發表於 06-11-20 12:46 |只看該作者

我鄰居3個仔都讀基灣, 她是full-time Mom. 如果太辛苦我估佢都唔會俾3個去讀掛(effort X 3倍!)但佢忠告我,活動教學如啟思,上到去初期會辛苦(佢大果兩個仔讀啟思).
*我對啟思沒有貶意, 我很欣賞它的活動教學
pumbaa 寫道:
St. Paul Boys vs 中華基督教會基灣小學(愛蝶灣)

Got acceptances from both schools.
Just know that the academic result of 基灣小學(愛蝶灣) is very good (90% band 1) but the pressure is also very high.
St. Paul Boys can link with St. Paul College. I believe St. Paul Boys enjoy more resource as a DSS school.

Any comment! please!  

5#
發表於 06-11-20 14:00 |只看該作者

abc媽咪,

Thank you for your comment.

Any comment from the parents of CCC Kei Wan or St. Paul Boys?

6#
發表於 06-11-20 14:23 |只看該作者

Hi!pumbaa,恭喜你先!如果我係你,我會揀基灣(愛蝶灣).1.津校-完全免費,可以慳番D錢去學其他

7#
發表於 06-11-20 14:35 |只看該作者

我成日都見到新基灣的學生,但我見佢地好多都冇笑容,冇左小朋友應有既活力,雖然成績係重要,但係為左得到好成績,巳冇左一個快樂既童年,大家認為值唔值得呢?試下將自己代入仔女的角色想想吧

8#
發表於 06-11-20 14:37 |只看該作者

skyway1668,

Thanks for your comment.

I just worry about the homework/Exam/Assessment pressure of CCC Kwei Wan. Someone in BK even says his kid need to complete the homework until 11:00pm.

BTW, I want to know the secondary school allocation of CCC Kei Wan's graduates. Anyone knows?

9#
發表於 06-11-20 14:39 |只看該作者

Sandylaw,

As I know you also apply this school, why do you have that negative comment?  

10#
發表於 06-11-20 14:49 |只看該作者

我不是報愛碟灣基灣,我是選舊基灣,兩間學校好多野都唔同既,書本都唔同,新基灣注重成績和音樂,舊基灣注重愉快學習和增加閱讀興趣

11#
發表於 06-11-20 14:57 |只看該作者

Sandylaw,

Oh! I see.

12#
發表於 06-11-20 15:04 |只看該作者

依家所有傳統學校,間間都係鬥多功課鬥深的!

13#
發表於 06-11-20 16:13 |只看該作者

HI,

I am one of ccc Kwi Wan (Aldrich Bay) parent, my daughter is studing there in P.5 now. She is happy and love the school very much. I just want to share her school life with all of you who really want to get in this school.

1) Acadamic............ Yes, the school is really good at her acadamic and the results of entry band one secondary school is over 90%, the music acadamic
is extremely well, the school music band always got the best results at the Hong Kong music festival, everytime in the competition, if the school got the third place that means the school is a loser at that year.

2) most of the parents share that, the school has too much homeworks and push hard. Yes, I do agree that, but recently the school seems to change a lot, eg. Last year they have three tests (the marks will count into exam) and three exams, but this year alreay change to one test and three exams only and the homeworks are much less than before.

3) Beside the music, the school started to more diversify in extr-activite, such as, swimming team, football team, basket teams, speech, english club,
brownics and more ....and more. Although the results are not good at their music and acadamic, it already improve a lot.

4) Teacher.......
Already they are traditional teaching, they are not too bad to treat to the kids, and with this few years some new young teachers are join in, this may be let the school keep on changing to match the market.

For the choose of ccc Kei Wan and Spcc, I do think if your kids is good at self-control, the Spcc is better, if your kids is less of self-control, ccc Kei wan is better. At the meantime, you must consider that, one is dss need pay, one is free.

It is welcome to mention out my mistake and someone like to know about ccc Kei Wan, I am no duobt to tell you what I know.

Cheers

14#
發表於 06-11-20 16:26 |只看該作者

Jcmichelle,

Thank you so much for your detailed comment.
I'll really appreciate it.

One more question from me - Any "elite' class at CCC Kei Wan? The teaching is different between normal class & elite class?  

15#
發表於 06-11-20 16:50 |只看該作者

Pumbaa,

Yes, they have.....the situation is like that.

1) after P. 1......

The best results students will arrange to C and D class. At the time of my daughter, 1,3,5,7,9....79
will arrange at D class, 2,4,6,8,80 will arrange at
C class.

2) after P.2 ......

The best results students will arrange in running numbers. 1 to 40 arrange into D class... 41 to 80 arrange into C class.....so on..... so on

3) The elite class will has a little bit more at workloads, they may have extra exerice in both english, chinese and Maths too, more chance to join into school activite.

4) The normal class the school will give them some more tutors when after school.

No matter the elite class or normal class, accordingly the records of the entry banding of the school, let says the whole form have 140 students,
nearly 125 students able to take the seat at bank one secondary school, the remaining will at least at bank two, so don't worry too much of it, if your kid
is interesting in this school, only one thing I would like to metion that, don't 100% depends on the school, you must also need to pay some supporting,
effort to you kids, if not, your may be feel some pressure of it. On the other hand, I do think, under HK's syllabus, whether students or parents must be facing the pressure if we want our kids can be success in the future.

Hope above can help, you are welcome too.

Cheers

16#
發表於 06-11-20 16:58 |只看該作者

Thank you again and it's very nice to discuss with you here.
By your information, I think I can make a better decision.

17#
發表於 06-11-20 17:02 |只看該作者

you are welcome.
Good luck too.

Cheers up

18#
發表於 06-11-20 17:10 |只看該作者

我是新基灣家長, 仔仔死黨係St Paul Boys, 兩間都係好學校, 但一間係東一間係西, 要否考慮學校與居處的距離? 花太多時間在交通上對小朋友不是太好.

19#
發表於 06-11-20 17:16 |只看該作者

我係SPC家長, 你想知道乜野?

20#
發表於 06-11-20 17:28 |只看該作者

Hi Teresa,

Thank you for your help first. I hope you can share the following points regarding SPC:

1) How is the homework/exam pressure? How many test and exam per year?
2) Do the teachers take a good care of students?
3) As I know the lesson of native English speaker is just "once" a week, the English standard is high enough?
4) Other than school fee, any other extra fee I need to pay? How much is it?

Sorry for too many questions.
Anyway, please give me your valuable comment of this school because I need to make decision before 23/Nov.         
‹ 上一主題|下一主題