Re: 嶺南interview結果

見你地成日話嶺南口碑唔好
我好想知到底係點
因為我都要決定入唔入讀好
真係好頭痛

6#
發表於 06-11-20 19:49 |只看該作者

We received admission letter today.  N1 AM class.  Have to register and pay $660 this Saturday.  

7#
發表於 06-11-21 02:09 |只看該作者

My son is studying at the full time nursery class of Lingnan from this Aug, the teacher is very responsible and take initiative to discuss my son's progress at school and helpful in responding and answering to our enquiries. She also clarifies that the nursery actually starts to teach some English using phonics at N1 stage (pre-K) and Mandarin at K3 though the sessions will mainly be conducted in Cantonese. She also explains that the school will avoid excessive use of  of copy book writing. She also states that my son being born in April is helping her to take care of younger classmate under her guidance.

Browsing thru this site, I do not find too many comments about Lingnan and some of them are not that positive. It seems many parents judge the quality of a school based on the level of difficulty and quantity of homework, vocabulary, etc etc stuffed to kids. Personally I do buy Dr. Chiu's belief of stressing the importance and effectiveness of starting to learn by mother tongue. There will be many, many years for yr kids to learn and use English and with the growing importance of China in world economy, the significance of mastering not just the mandarin language but to read and write Chinese in  proper manner cannot be stressed further. Take a look at the Singaporean, Malaysian while they can speak very fluent Putonghua, most of them can't read or write Chinese and it is one of their major obstacle to go further in doing China business.

Personally, I'd rather my kids to learn at a lower but more concrete pace (more haste less speed still hold true) and above all to have a happier memory. Some parents also complain that because the homework at Lingnan is so easy that it caused their child to fail at dictation, it seem in their mind the Kindergarten should take the role of P1-P3 and primary schooling to take the role of secondary schoolings so on and so forth. In my humble opinion, a good Kindergarten should guide the child to think, motivate and stimulate their potential to learn not to stuff their brain with raw data (what's price of  100GB memory today?), progressing from Kindergarten to primary need a break-in period and the results at P1 and P2 should not be taken too much as given the right way, a kid with a more positive mind and creative thinking should be able to catch up fast and eventually go further in the long run.  :  

8#
發表於 06-11-22 13:06 |只看該作者

I've also received the acceptance letter but it didn't mention anything about the registeration or the $660???   

kaki296 寫道:
We received admission letter today.  N1 AM class.  Have to register and pay $660 this Saturday.  

9#
發表於 06-11-27 12:20 |只看該作者

Just want to share our personal experience.  My son started from N.1 and is now in K.3.  The school is excellent and all the teachers are very caring and professional.  Very grateful that they have taught my son well, especially in terms of behaviours and manners.     

I believe that academic results are not the most important consideration at this stage.  In fact, though workload is very light, my son's progress is extremely well.  I am a great fan of Dr. Chiu's concept and in my son's case, her approach works really well.

I am extremely pleased with the school and would highly recommend it to any parents.

10#
發表於 06-11-27 13:51 |只看該作者

Hi BBPanda
Grateful that you do speak up and share yr experience with us.     

11#
發表於 06-11-27 14:30 |只看該作者

My daughter is accepted N1 AM class... i have paid $660 registration fee last Saturday to reserve the seat first...

Before I went to Lingnan's interview, I always heard positive comments about Lingnan, my perspective only changed after we brought our daughter to interview... i guess it is too subjective to judge a school by an independent incident.. i think Lingnan should be a good school... i will decide after knowing the results from all other nurseries...

HELLO!

12#
發表於 06-12-2 12:12 |只看該作者

I just received the letter for N1 interview for next Sat.  Can any Mama tell me what's the interview about and how long is it?
Thanks alot.

13#
發表於 06-12-2 23:08 |只看該作者

Hi Edsie

My baby also has the interview next Sat.  Any mama can share the experience? Thanks.

14#
發表於 06-12-2 23:33 |只看該作者

interview內容冇咩特別,主要係比小朋友係課室入面玩,
然後老師會間中走過去同小朋友玩,透過玩遊戲考下小朋友反應,因為面試當日好多小朋友,而老師人手唔算太多,一個老師要睇幾個小朋友,而果位老師要觀察既小朋友坐得好遠,老師要走幾張枱,所以都唔係好清楚可以觀察小朋友自己玩果陣既情況,大約15-20分鐘左右,就已經ok!之後就由趙博士帶家長聽佢分享教育理念同心得!
應該都唔會太難考,加油,good luck!

15#
發表於 06-12-3 01:21 |只看該作者

我諗首要條件是父母到齊,因為信都有寫。大致上情形都是老師旁觀小朋友玩,問得很少問題,由得小朋友自己取玩具或在室內遊戲欄內玩。到講座時間,一個家長聽,另一個家長同小朋友在天台玩及參觀課室

16#
發表於 06-12-3 22:06 |只看該作者

lydiang,

what time is yours? mine is at 10am     

lydiang 寫道:
Hi Edsie

My baby also has the interview next Sat.  Any mama can share the experience? Thanks.

17#
發表於 06-12-3 22:08 |只看該作者

thx. for your information    

18#
發表於 06-12-4 11:31 |只看該作者

Hi Edsie

My time is 10:45a.m.  

lydiang,

what time is yours? mine is at 10am   

引文:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lydiang 寫道:
Hi Edsie

My baby also has the interview next Sat. Any mama can share the experience? Thanks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
‹ 上一主題|下一主題