用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 st cat 同 根德, 如果兩間都收既話,你會選邊間? ...
樓主: wwma
go

st cat 同 根德, 如果兩間都收既話,你會選邊間? [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 06-11-28 01:34 |只看該作者

Re: st cat 同 根德, 如果兩間都收既話,你會選邊間?

Finally you choose which school for you children.
What is your comment of SJC " ST. JOANNES COLLEGE " ?

42#
發表於 06-11-28 09:03 |只看該作者

SC is very strong at English, not too traditional. A lot of NET teachers. No writing until K2. Maths and Chin are not too strong.

KV is very traditional. A all round 死谷形. Many many tests and exams. No festival celebration e.g. Halloween, Mid Autumn. Every day is study, test and exam.

So, it very much depends on the mom's demand and expectation. But personally, I prefer to let the kids have a happier start in their over 20 years of study life!

Those difficult stuffs, they will know them sooner or later. The most important thing is to develop their study interest and make them like their schools.

43#
發表於 06-11-28 10:05 |只看該作者

各位媽咪,
我個女今年是KV K1,當初我都有擔心KV會辛苦和學習刻板,又擔心英文無ST.CAT咁好,但因為我只考了KV一間,其他一律無報名,所以順理成章讀KV.
原來KV教學真係好,我個女的中文確實學得好好,而且我個女都無話辛苦(徐咗坐schoolbus之外),仲話係學校好開心,佢有時還跟我講在學校看金魚和看花花.不過程度真係好深,佢地已經學詞語配對,如工(具),秋(天),但我無幫佢溫習(因為我唔知道要考試)或催谷,佢考試都ok. 所以我都無後悔入KV.而且佢行為表現還比以前乖.至於英文,我個女當初nursery是全英文的,回家佢會對住婆婆講英文多過講中文,但讀咗KV之後,又真係無講英文,所以我幫佢報讀咗D英文playgroup斑,英文問題亦解決了.當初我有擔心佢d英文,但我有朋友講,香港要學好英文唔難,因為有很多選擇,但如果中文學得唔好,遲d先至番轉頭幫佢學好中文就好難.
希望以上經驗可以作為各位一個參考.

44#
發表於 06-11-28 10:28 |只看該作者

laiws,
請問你知唔知kv的校巴緊唔緊張cos'佢依家要比$confirm埋...如果臨開學先confirm得唔得呢?

45#
發表於 06-11-28 10:35 |只看該作者

CI,
都幾多人搭,我都唔知會唔會FULL,不過我個朋友就係開學前三個月至報名搭校巴都得.(佢住係美孚)

46#
發表於 06-11-28 10:47 |只看該作者

Hi laiws,

我想問

47#
發表於 06-11-28 11:05 |只看該作者

laiws,

想請問KV 的老師有否愛心,當小朋友有時忘記左要去toilet,整dirty左條褲仔/裙仔時,會否罰小朋友? 會否好快就有嬸嬸幫小朋友換衫呢? Many thanks.

48#
發表於 06-11-28 11:24 |只看該作者

唔該你呀...想問多樣,你知唔知有冇kv家長要求比小朋友讀多年k1 or k2, cos' 我個仔11月出世...係細仔, 我驚佢追唔上..

laiws 寫道:
CI,
都幾多人搭,我都唔知會唔會FULL,不過我個朋友就係開學前三個月至報名搭校巴都得.(佢住係美孚)

49#
發表於 06-11-28 12:03 |只看該作者

hi monmantong,

i would like to ask how old is keenmind???  r the NET teachers good, because i heard they r part time, do they change NET teachers often???  r the chinese AND english levels good??  they say they use the montessori method, for math only or....????

thank u for your help!

50#
發表於 06-11-28 12:03 |只看該作者

Are you sure SC start write at K2, cos my friend just told me that her daughter who is studying in SC K1 now start to write (draw a line) on last month (which is still 1st semester of K1) , but as i know that Kv will start from the next  semester.......

Fungmamei 寫道:
SC is very strong at English, not too traditional. A lot of NET teachers. No writing until K2. Maths and Chin are not too strong.

KV is very traditional. A all round 死谷形. Many many tests and exams. No festival celebration e.g. Halloween, Mid Autumn. Every day is study, test and exam.

So, it very much depends on the mom's demand and expectation. But personally, I prefer to let the kids have a happier start in their over 20 years of study life!

Those difficult stuffs, they will know them sooner or later. The most important thing is to develop their study interest and make them like their schools.

51#
發表於 06-11-28 12:11 |只看該作者

bcmc 寫道:
Are you sure SC start write at K2, cos my friend just told me that her daughter who is studying in SC K1 now start to write (draw a line) on last month (which is still 1st semester of K1) , but as i know that Kv will start from the next  semester.......    

i have a friend who's daughter is in k2 sc now, and she said in k1 they only draws lines and circles, etc, no real writing (no alphabets, to chinese words)!! real writing starts in k2.

52#
發表於 06-11-28 13:22 |只看該作者

Could you confirm KV (No festival celebration e.g. Halloween, Mid Autumn, Easter, Xmas ...) ? Just study. Teacher is nice and update every children's to every 家長.

53#
發表於 06-11-28 21:12 |只看該作者

[quote]
bosco 寫道:
Hi laiws,

我想問

54#
發表於 06-11-28 21:17 |只看該作者

happybibi 寫道:
bb_popo121 ,

我個仔現在在kv讀kv2, 我試下答你的問題啦:
1. 英文程度:  相對於有外籍英語教師的學校, 我直覺覺得程度應該會低些.但唔肯定. 我侄仔係kv畢業, 佢k3時能自己看英文snoopy漫畫. 唔知算高定低?(佢屋企是用全中文溝通的)
2. 功課量:  k1功課好似每日一樣, 唔係好記得, k2就有三樣,我個仔每日大約用半個鐘做功課(加埋行行企企). 放3日假有7樣功課?  唔知係唔係k3呢?幾多樣唔緊要, 最緊要是什麼形式和要用多少時間完成. 
3. 默書: 中英數每星期都有默書. 聽落好似好得人驚.其實唔使驚, 我係一個“懶媽咪”, so far從沒有和囝囝溫過書.他也一樣拿滿分(以我所知大部分小朋友也拿滿分的), 大人和小朋友都沒有壓力.

希望以上可以幫到你.

其實st.cat. 和 kv 都是口啤不錯的學校. 希望你的寶貝都考到啦!!

完全同意     

55#
發表於 06-11-28 21:32 |只看該作者

cj177916 寫道:
laiws,

想請問KV 的老師有否愛心,當小朋友有時忘記左要去toilet,整dirty左條褲仔/裙仔時,會否罰小朋友? 會否好快就有嬸嬸幫小朋友換衫呢? Many thanks.

唔會罰小朋友,有否愛心,我觀察唔到,所以答不到你,因為家長無辨法在學校逗留,況且我也不是常常到學校湊放學的媽咪.
我個女試過食茶點整污漕件衫和瀨尿都有人幫佢換衫和借衫比佢,所以唔洗擔心.而且學校有很多嬸嬸守住toilet幫d小朋友的.

56#
發表於 06-11-28 21:44 |只看該作者

CI 寫道:
唔該你呀...想問多樣,你知唔知有冇kv家長要求比小朋友讀多年k1 or k2, cos' 我個仔11月出世...係細仔, 我驚佢追唔上..

CI,
唔知,不過唔洗擔心,因為我個都係細女,都無問題喎!!放心啦, 要相信自己個仔既能力,佢既然考到,當然有佢個人之處啦!而且,佢都未試過,你就驚,點驚到大,CI媽,間學校就一定係好學校,既然揀咗,就兩個一斉努力啦!!加油!!

57#
發表於 06-11-29 00:25 |只看該作者

I am totoally agree of what your have said. The most important for me to choose a school for my daughter not only their teaching method but also whether this school is suitable for my kid.  As a result,  I have not applied KV and SC. Though they are in good english teaching and famous bearing the name of "Kowloon Tong Good Band Kindergarden", do they guarantee your kid can go to Band 1 primary school. For my own opinion, good learning and teaching are not only depent on school but also home teaching.

Dora ma

58#
發表於 06-11-29 11:14 |只看該作者

I'll be paying the enrollment fee this coming saturday for my daughter's admission to KV.  If my daughter also get accepted by SC, I'm really torn between choosing the right one for her.  It seems both kindies have very different approach to teaching kids.  The problem is I'm not sure which one suits my daughter better as I really can't tell at this stage what type of personality my daughter has.  Seems like she lies somewhere in between.

Although it's widely said that SC has NET, I'm not sure whether kids actually can benefits a great deal from it given that there are only 3 hours a day at school.  I suppose over a 3-years period, kids should be able to speak english in a way much better than if they were taught in KV.  But this seems could only be achieved at the expense of other areas such as chinese or maths...

59#
發表於 06-11-29 12:01 |只看該作者

You are speaking exactly from the bottom of my heart.

Gooddaddy 寫道:
I'll be paying the enrollment fee this coming saturday for my daughter's admission to KV.  If my daughter also get accepted by SC, I'm really torn between choosing the right one for her.  It seems both kindies have very different approach to teaching kids.  The problem is I'm not sure which one suits my daughter better as I really can't tell at this stage what type of personality my daughter has.  Seems like she lies somewhere in between.

Although it's widely said that SC has NET, I'm not sure whether kids actually can benefits a great deal from it given that there are only 3 hours a day at school.  I suppose over a 3-years period, kids should be able to speak english in a way much better than if they were taught in KV.  But this seems could only be achieved at the expense of other areas such as chinese or maths...

60#
發表於 06-11-29 12:28 |只看該作者

我每日都送囝囝返學, 好多時都有同Miss傾吓, 我覺得佢哋有愛心.  除了我的感覺外, 小朋友係唔會講大話响呢個stage.佢哋個個都鍾意Miss, 我朝早想轉行第二條路送囝囝返學, 佢就stop我,佢話行嗰邊就見唔到Miss喎, 真係幾可愛吓   .

laiws 寫道:
[quote]
cj177916 寫道:
laiws,

唔會罰小朋友,有否愛心,我觀察唔到,所以答不到你,因為家長無辨法在學校逗留,況且我也不是常常到學校湊放學的媽咪.
我個女試過食茶點整污漕件衫和瀨尿都有人幫佢換衫和借衫比佢,所以唔洗擔心.而且學校有很多嬸嬸守住toilet幫d小朋友的.[/quote]
Trevor Mama
‹ 上一主題|下一主題