用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 st cat 同 根德, 如果兩間都收既話,你會選邊間? ...
樓主: wwma
go

st cat 同 根德, 如果兩間都收既話,你會選邊間? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 06-11-16 14:13 |只看該作者

Re: st cat 同 根德, 如果兩間都收既話,你會選邊間?

happybibi ,

多謝晒你既回覆, 但係以你囝囝既英文程度, 你滿意嗎 ? 因為我知道叻同唔叻係無標準既, 但以你個人又覺得KV既英文足唔足夠呢?

唔好意思, 我比較多野問! thanks.

22#
發表於 06-11-16 16:15 |只看該作者

其实,这两间学校的教学理念都很不一样,我真不明白为什么家长会又报国际又报根德园。它们除了都是有名以外,有什么相同?
请指教。

23#
發表於 06-11-16 16:27 |只看該作者

等我又回應下先....
K2 7樣功課----係呀..我囝囝都係K2,真係試過有幾樣功課..(但唔記得係咪7樣),不過好幾樣都好易做架..如一幅圖晝係油顏色,一份親子活動,唔使交返學校..又有一D係得半張紙...只係寫A-Z..好簡單好易做架咋...大家唔使擔心..
至於英文方面..我自己就有出去同佢學英文...因我自己想囝囝接觸多D英文..
但唔代表KV唔好既...佢地雖然無NET,又無PHONICS.但小朋友發音都好準..而且學校成日用英文歌仔教小朋友英文架..佢地頭一個星期.係會讀晒成首英文歌,等小朋友識發音後,下星期先會同佢地唱出黎架.
而且佢地數學都係用英文教既...如WHAT'S THE NO.BETWEEN 5 AND 7?
WHAT'S IS THE NO.AFTER/BEFORE 5?
每星期默兩次MENTAL,都會有部份題目用美文問小朋友,要佢地寫番答案出黎.
我好老實講.想小朋友英文叻.一定係ST.CAT好D..
happybibi 寫道:
bb_popo121 ,

我個仔現在在kv讀kv2, 我試下答你的問題啦:
1. 英文程度:  相對於有外籍英語教師的學校, 我直覺覺得程度應該會低些.但唔肯定. 我侄仔係kv畢業, 佢k3時能自己看英文snoopy漫畫. 唔知算高定低?(佢屋企是用全中文溝通的)
2. 功課量:  k1功課好似每日一樣, 唔係好記得, k2就有三樣,我個仔每日大約用半個鐘做功課(加埋行行企企). 放3日假有7樣功課?  唔知係唔係k3呢?幾多樣唔緊要, 最緊要是什麼形式和要用多少時間完成. 
3. 默書: 中英數每星期都有默書. 聽落好似好得人驚.其實唔使驚, 我係一個“懶媽咪”, so far從沒有和囝囝溫過書.他也一樣拿滿分(以我所知大部分小朋友也拿滿分的), 大人和小朋友都沒有壓力.

希望以上可以幫到你.

其實st.cat. 和 kv 都是口啤不錯的學校. 希望你的寶貝都考到啦!!

24#
發表於 06-11-16 18:19 |只看該作者

我係KV的家長,我超滿意KV的教學,美中不足是沒有NET,但呢點相比起KV其他出色的地方,只係小問題姐。
我屋企全中文對話,但個仔英文唔差wor,發音好,聽力同理解力都唔錯。舉2個實例。
1.某日我HB公司的function中,有個西人同事突然走過來同我個仔傾計,我個仔一問一答十分流利。
2.我比個仔去science workshop度上course,係全英語授課,我個仔不但完全明白,還可以同先生對話。

坦白講,英文好唔好,學校未必係主因,仲有好多條件配合,d細路係學校的時間都只不過係3hr。我聽個仔講,上英文堂先生係全講英文。或者加d補充,我留意到KV的英文教學應該好著重文法的適當運用,例如佢地學paper呢個字的時候,唔係淨係學paper,而係a piece of paper.  同埋佢地教小朋友用完整英文句子答問題。另外,佢地會教學生唸英詩,不但字的發音唸得好,intonation都好好。
bb_popo121 寫道:
happybibi ,

唔好意思, 我比較多野問! thanks.

25#
發表於 06-11-16 20:02 |只看該作者

我想問下:
1) St. Cat. 學費現在幾多? 好似K2, K3 學費貴過K1!
2) St. Cat. 係唔係在K1先至雙班主任制? 到K2, K3 NET 只在英文堂先到?

謝~   
[size=medium]
遇亨通的日子,你當喜樂;
遭患難的日子,你當思想。
因為  神使這兩樣並列,
為的是叫人查不出身後有甚麼事。
傳道書7:14

26#
發表於 06-11-16 20:28 |只看該作者

hello
我小朋友讀kv, 我好滿意她讀得開心, 未入之前都怕kv老師好cool。但在8月迎新家長會後發現主任老師好細心, 溫柔。我昨晚替我女女溫習中英字咭, 她完全識。 老師在教學方面好有經驗的, 希望help到你

27#
發表於 06-11-16 20:28 |只看該作者

猴子爸 寫道:
其实,这两间学校的教学理念都很不一样,我真不明白为什么家长会又报国际又报根德园。它们除了都是有名以外,有什么相同?
请指教。

同意!這都是一直以來的疑問.

28#
發表於 06-11-16 23:10 |只看該作者

last year, a lot of moms asked the same question.

I applied both schools for my son due to the  strong recommendation by the lady of a kln tong playgroup, it seems that she only believe only two schools in kln are the best.

Originally I didn't consider Kenville as i do not like traditional school. Finally I tried it because I just wanted to have the interviews for experience.
meantime, originally SC was my dream school.

Finally, Kv accepted my boy but my son was in waiting list of sc. at that time, I was so unhappy and almost believed that only sc was best.

however, people convinced me to choose kv, and told me a lot of goods points of kv. After when I decided to choose kv, my friend reminded me and asked me not to choose it only due to the name of the school if I do not really love it.

Though I understand and agree that kv is good school, I asked myself again if it really is my target school and if i would agree with its teaching approach. Since I really mind if it has NET, really mind there is no parent involvment , no parents day, .. instead of complaining 3 years, I finally gave up this school.

On the other hand, Sc finally didn't accept my son, but it was good that because I found out it was not the most suitable school for him and myself, I put it as dream school because I only heard it was famous.

I would like to have sharing base on my experience:-

1) you should clearly understand what you expect on the schools,whether the teaching approach, direction and styling of that school matches with what you want.

2) whether your son is suitable for this school, whether it is suitable for this school.

My friend also reminds me that not to only focus on the name of the school, because it will be 3 years school life for your kid, if you do not agree with the school's direction, and if the school does not meet the criteria for choosing schools, you should not choose it unless it 100% guarantees your kid can enter your target primary school after studying from this kindergarten, otherwise you may feel regret.

Therefore, it is meaningless to compare both schools, as they are really very different in terms of school styling, teaching approach, and it is unfair to compare the point by point of each school, since  each school has its strength and weakness, selling point.  it is very true that both are famous and have good reputation, can fit for different parent and kids, otherwise they won't be in Kln tong until now, the most IMPORTANT IS WHETHER IT IS SUITABLE YOU.

該用戶已被刪除

29#
發表於 06-11-16 23:21 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

30#
發表於 06-11-16 23:43 |只看該作者

nicole& wai,
yes ah.

31#
發表於 06-11-17 02:57 |只看該作者

You could not compare with 2 different things. I heard that KV is better in Math & Chinese, St Cat is better in English. Actually no need to compare, just ask yourself what do you want? What school life you want to give to your kid? Famous is only because more people talking about the schools, but may be they are not suit your kids.

32#
發表於 06-11-17 12:47 |只看該作者

monmantong,

Hi, may I know how do you feel about Keen Mind,
I have missed the chance to interview for Keen Mind since the time for interview with 根德 were the same and finally I choose 根德!
I still wondering whether I should call up Keen Mind to arrange another time for interview.

Thanks!

33#
發表於 06-11-17 15:11 |只看該作者

聞說劍嗚的程度仲深過KV,係咪真?

34#
發表於 06-11-17 16:13 |只看該作者

gracechung,
i didn't compare one by one of their homeworks or curriculum, so cannot tell whether it is harder than kv or not. However, not only Km, a lot of schools in other districts also may have higher level of academic, but since not so many people are talking about this in the web, it seems that kv is the most difficult one in kln tong.
However, I would say kids are so smart, they are just a plain paper, they can absorb a lots even though the things they are taught which are difficult in the adult's eyes.

35#
發表於 06-11-17 16:21 |只看該作者

請指教什麼是NET?
個人認為很多硬件因素如外籍老師,校園外觀,教材等,對該課教學質素影響不太,我曾經參加過一些playgroup,外籍老師雖則口音地道,但在管理課室,控制秩序方面反而不及一個受過訓練的中國人導師,可能大家文化不同
gracechung 寫道:

坦白講,英文好唔好,學校未必係主因,仲有好多條件配合,d細路係學校的時間都只不過係3hr。我聽個仔講,上英文堂先生係全講英文。或者加d補充,我留意到KV的英文教學應該好著重文法的適當運用,例如佢地學paper呢個字的時候,唔係淨係學paper,而係a piece of paper.  同埋佢地教小朋友用完整英文句子答問題。另外,佢地會教學生唸英詩,不但字的發音唸得好,intonation都好好。
[quote]
bb_popo121 寫道:
happybibi ,

唔好意思, 我比較多野問! thanks.
[/quote]

36#
發表於 06-11-17 17:03 |只看該作者

NET - Native English Teacher

sisimama 寫道:
請指教什麼是NET?
個人認為很多硬件因素如外籍老師,校園外觀,教材等,對該課教學質素影響不太,我曾經參加過一些playgroup,外籍老師雖則口音地道,但在管理課室,控制秩序方面反而不及一個受過訓練的中國人導師,可能大家文化不同[quote]
gracechung 寫道:

[quote]
bb_popo121 寫道:
happybibi ,

唔好意思, 我比較多野問! thanks.
[/quote][/quote]

37#
發表於 06-11-17 18:20 |只看該作者

NET即刻外藉英文教師。[quote]
sisimama 寫道:
請指教什麼是NET?
個人認為很多硬件因素如外籍老師,校園外觀,教材等,對該課教學質素影響不太,我曾經參加過一些playgroup,外籍老師雖則口音地道,但在管理課室,控制秩序方面反而不及一個受過訓練的中國人導師,可能大家文化不同[quote]

38#
發表於 06-11-18 06:48 |只看該作者

st cat 

39#
發表於 06-11-18 20:13 |只看該作者

I applied for both
I know the strength o KV is academic and traditional, but I don't know what's the strength for SC and want to know more, can you help to give some comment?

醒目開學勳章

40#
發表於 06-11-20 11:11 |只看該作者

Hi gracechung,

Pls check PM. thanks!

babych
‹ 上一主題|下一主題