用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 Pui Kiu College G1 result?
樓主: 2babies
go

Pui Kiu College G1 result? [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 06-11-10 23:58 |只看該作者

Re: Pui Kiu College G1 result?

大家不要太傷心, 希望在明天, 大家的仔仔囡囡一定可以入到適合自己的小學. 加油 !   

62#
發表於 06-11-11 00:09 |只看該作者

swyip:

係呀, 我睇到後都怕係要有第二次面試, 所以我立即打去學校問, 佢地話{如在網上睇到的名單, 全部都係正選收生那批}

63#
發表於 06-11-11 09:18 |只看該作者

snoopy 寫道:
swyip:

係呀, 我睇到後都怕係要有第二次面試, 所以我立即打去學校問, 佢地話{如在網上睇到的名單, 全部都係正選收生那批}

snoopy:
咁就安樂晒啦!     
謝謝報料!

64#
發表於 06-11-11 10:25 |只看該作者

請問有冇家長收到2nd in o既信呢???

希望仲有機會啦~~~~~~~~~~!   

65#
發表於 06-11-11 10:40 |只看該作者

2babies 寫道:
我仔仔無份呀,好sad呀

別發愁,跟你一樣的人多的是。

Absolutely no need to be upset!  

My kid was not admitted.  It is a loss to PKC.  What else can I say?

If there had really been 1000 applicants and they would only accept around 120 students, the teachers in the interviews roughly had to pick one out eight.  Is that an easy job for the teachers in 45 minutes?  No, I would say.
My child’s mother language is English.  During the interview, not much English was used by the Chinese teacher and my child did not even say anything in English.  Sarcastic, isn’t it?
During the interview, after the Putonghua show, the teachers asked the questions in Cantonese.  How do you expect children understanding Putonghua to respond?  How could you tell the children’s Putonghua ability with any accuracy?
It seems that introvert kids were at a disadvantage.  Out-spoken kids were the ones most likely to be chosen.
I remember during the parents’ interviews, when one parent used fluent Putonghua to ask a question about the school policy, the Chinese teacher supposedly teaching Chinese used Cantonese to respond.  
I am not drawing any conclusion.  But what do you get from all these?

Sure, the grapes I cannot eat are sour.  That is true.  I have no expectation for the 2nd interview.  That is also true.  

盡全力而安天命嘛!

The money I have saved for the additional school fees in PKC would be spent in tailor-made tuition in sports and Putonghua classes for my beloved child.  I would have not choice but to spend more time with my kids in his education.  That may turn out to be better for my kid.

Not being admitted is not like “all hell broke loose”.  Remember the proverb: “塞翁失馬,焉知非福?”  I recalled the interview of a guy who drank too much the night before 911 causing him unable to reach his office in the World Trade Center in time.  He survived!

[size=large]Let bygone be bygone.  

過去的就讓他過去罷,往前看。  

:    

66#
發表於 06-11-11 12:37 |只看該作者

我的女兒都入到, 面試時我都好緊未發表過意見, 所以以為都唔得, 原來好注重小朋友表現, 我問女兒玩過什麼, 佢只係話玩的好開心。

67#
發表於 06-11-11 12:50 |只看該作者

Absolutely right, positive thinking is very important!!

iamgiuliano 寫道:
[quote]
2babies 寫道:
我仔仔無份呀,好sad呀

別發愁,跟你一樣的人多的是。

If there had really been 1000 applicants and they would only accept around 120 students, the teachers in the interviews roughly had to pick one out eight.  Is that an easy job for the teachers in 45 minutes?  No, I would say.
My child’s mother language is English.  During the interview, not much English was used by the Chinese teacher and my child did not even say anything in English.  Sarcastic, isn’t it?
During the interview, after the Putonghua show, the teachers asked the questions in Cantonese.  How do you expect children understanding Putonghua to respond?  How could you tell the children’s Putonghua ability with any accuracy?
It seems that introvert kids were at a disadvantage.  Out-spoken kids were the ones most likely to be chosen.
I remember during the parents’ interviews, when one parent used fluent Putonghua to ask a question about the school policy, the Chinese teacher supposedly teaching Chinese used Cantonese to respond.  

Sure, the grapes I cannot eat are sour.  That is true.  I have no expectation for the 2nd interview.  That is also true.  

盡全力而安天命嘛!

The money I have saved for the additional school fees in PKC would be spent in tailor-made tuition in sports and Putonghua classes for my beloved child.  I would have not choice but to spend more time with my kids in his education.  That may turn out to be better for my kid.

Not being admitted is not like “all hell broke loose”.  Remember the proverb: “塞翁失馬,焉知非福?”  I recalled the interview of a guy who drank too much the night before 911 causing him unable to reach his office in the World Trade Center in time.  He survived!

過去的就讓他過去罷,往前看。  

:     [/quote]

68#
發表於 06-11-11 13:02 |只看該作者

I am also disappointed. My son said he answered all the questions in the story part (I believe him as he never lies to me and he is an old boy, so he can talk very well now). I thought he has high chance.

The only reason I can think of is he has no chance to speak in English (he is quite good) as no question asked in English to him.

So luck is the most important part! Just our kids try their best, we should be proud of them.

69#
發表於 06-11-11 22:36 |只看該作者

abc111 寫道:
I am also disappointed. My son said he answered all the questions in the story part (I believe him as he never lies to me and he is an old boy, so he can talk very well now). I thought he has high chance.

The only reason I can think of is he has no chance to speak in English (he is quite good) as no question asked in English to him.

So luck is the most important part! Just our kids try their best, we should be proud of them.

Luck is one thing, I agree.  Non-emphasis in English in the selection progress might be another.  God knows.  Who cares?   Just keep up the English of your child who will certainly surpass the other luckier kids.

Mark Twain when asked where he had been educated said something like this:  "Education?  I don't recall.  I did receive some schooling."

Nothing could stop us good parents from educating our children in our own way.  In the long run, luck play no part in our children's education.

Me having said that, my wife is still upset about the result.  Time can cure that.

My child is lucky.  For him, he doesn't and will never know that he attended the interview at the end of October.   He was told to be joining some play group for 45 minutes.  No harm was inflicted on him.

So long.

70#
發表於 06-11-11 22:39 |只看該作者

hi all,

No chance to speak in English +  not good in Putonghua -  I think it's the reason that my little boy has no offer.  But it's ok, as I always believe - “塞翁失馬,焉知非福”.

Remember don't put any pressure on our child.  I am not going to tell my little boy that he was rejected by Pui Kiu, I don't want to let him has any pressure.   

71#
發表於 06-11-11 23:31 |只看該作者

w@@henry 寫道:
Absolutely right, positive thinking is very important!!

[quote]
iamgiuliano 寫道:
[quote]
2babies 寫道:
我仔仔無份呀,好sad呀

別發愁,跟你一樣的人多的是。

盡全力而安天命嘛!

過去的就讓他過去罷,往前看。  

:     [/quote][/quote]

My son was not accepted by PKC, but this is NOT the reason for my response here. I think the school has good visions and goals, but our children can only benefit if the school knows how to successfully implement their teaching schmes and acheive their missions and objectives. However, like some parents' obervations and comments here. I also observed the same in the parents discussion session and what my son told me after the interview. He was able to respond and answered all questions. Surprisingly, a friend of mine had completely different experience, as he was told by his son that there was NO teachers in the interview session, but only a couple students accopmanied them. In my  parents discussion, the teachers were not able to fully explain the school system, their teaching style, and I also found that they were not really able to articulate their comments well. This might be isolated cases, but I have been worried about teaching quality since. I have no means or intention discourage any parents, but if you have made a decision to join PKC. Another visit to the school or more discussion with teachers would help you to make an informed dicision.

Good luck to you all!

72#
發表於 06-11-11 23:50 |只看該作者

pkc seminar既時候好幸運可以聽到校長解答家長問interview果一part既野。校長話家長interview唔係答問題答得多就有著數,只不過係想學校同家長雙方可以了解對方,睇下大家適唔適合大家。

至於小朋友interview方面,我仔講番俾我聽,佢地一班小朋友入到房會分別聽/睇英文同普通話故仔,跟住大姐姐同大哥哥就會問問題,而小朋友就舉手答。英文問題就用英文答,普通話問題可以用普通話或者廣東話答。然後佢地就會玩集體遊戲。整過過程都有老師響一邊睇住佢地,但老師係唔會出聲,等d高年級姐姐/哥哥去hold。不過初初我仔都冇講話有老師響房入面架,但我有懷疑,再問佢佢先話有老師坐側邊,但可能因為老師唔會出聲,所以小朋友未必會察覺到佢地既存在。

其實我覺得大家唔需要太緊張,on list既固然開心,就算見唔到自己小朋友個名,15號之前都可能會有電話通知 2nd interview,我亦識得有個小朋友舊年 1st in 唔得,佢媽咪都以為冇機會,但好幸運地 2nd in 就ok,佢而家響pkc亦讀得非常之開心。況且每一間學校想要既學生類型都可能同我地做家長既心中有所分別,只要小朋友佢地盡左力面試,得同唔得都唔係我地可以控制到既。take it easy.

73#
發表於 06-11-12 00:24 |只看該作者

To those accepted parents,

Do you mind sharing with us what you think were the determining factors for the admission?  Was it parents' performance or kids?  Did you kid answer the questions in English and Chinese?  Browsing some of the posting here, parents did say even answering the questions their kids were not admitted.  So what do you think?  Thanks for the sharing....   

74#
發表於 06-11-12 12:57 |只看該作者

waitsoi 寫道:
pkc seminar既時候好幸運可以聽到校長解答家長問interview果一part既野。校長話家長interview唔係答問題答得多就有著數,只不過係想學校同家長雙方可以了解對方,睇下大家適唔適合大家。

至於小朋友interview方面,我仔講番俾我聽,佢地一班小朋友入到房會分別聽/睇英文同普通話故仔,跟住大姐姐同大哥哥就會問問題,而小朋友就舉手答。英文問題就用英文答,普通話問題可以用普通話或者廣東話答。然後佢地就會玩集體遊戲。整過過程都有老師響一邊睇住佢地,但老師係唔會出聲,等d高年級姐姐/哥哥去hold。不過初初我仔都冇講話有老師響房入面架,但我有懷疑,再問佢佢先話有老師坐側邊,但可能因為老師唔會出聲,所以小朋友未必會察覺到佢地既存在。

其實我覺得大家唔需要太緊張,on list既固然開心,就算見唔到自己小朋友個名,15號之前都可能會有電話通知 2nd interview,我亦識得有個小朋友舊年 1st in 唔得,佢媽咪都以為冇機會,但好幸運地 2nd in 就ok,佢而家響pkc亦讀得非常之開心。況且每一間學校想要既學生類型都可能同我地做家長既心中有所分別,只要小朋友佢地盡左力面試,得同唔得都唔係我地可以控制到既。take it easy.

parents' interviews do not count

It seems that parents' interviews do not count at all.  My friend a native English speaker during that interview fully supported the mission and policy of the school.  He went further to suggest that PKC should be persistent about its belief and should not bend over backwards for parental pressure otherwise.

His child a perfectly biligual kid was rejected.

Children's interviews - is that a joke?

If the kids were really interviewed in the way you child described, I would understand why my child was not accepted.

If the big kids conducting the sessions were not fluent in English, how would the by-standing teachers possibly know the strength of the tested children's English ability?  Putonghua likewise.

[size=large]Mission is one thing.  Implementation of it is quite another.

After gathering all info on the net, I am inclined to believe that children's interview is the determining factor, not parents' interview, not parents' occupation, where you live, not your race, not your kids' mother tongue, and not even how intelligent you child is.   

75#
發表於 06-11-12 13:08 |只看該作者

My son was not accepted by PKC, but this is NOT the reason for my response here. I think the school has good visions and goals, but our children can only benefit if the school knows how to successfully implement their teaching schmes and acheive their missions and objectives. However, like some parents' obervations and comments here. I also observed the same in the parents discussion session and what my son told me after the interview. He was able to respond and answered all questions. Surprisingly, a friend of mine had completely different experience, as he was told by his son that there was NO teachers in the interview session, but only a couple students accopmanied them. In my  parents discussion, the teachers were not able to fully explain the school system, their teaching style, and I also found that they were not really able to articulate their comments well.  I have no means or intention discourage any parents, but if you have made a decision to join PKC. Another visit to the school or more discussion with teachers would help you to make an informed dicision.

Good luck to you all!

What you have said here is echoing with my and others' comment?  
I think PKC does have the strongest intention, though not necessarily the means, to implement their mission.
I am sounding ...

Never mind.  Forget it.

76#
發表於 06-11-12 13:34 |只看該作者

個人認為我地o既小朋友個個都好醒,各有長處,考到、考唔到PKC都唔代表邊個好D或差D,畢竟位就係咁多。
繼續努力!

77#
發表於 06-11-12 14:25 |只看該作者

Vincent1007,
好同意你既講法,每個小朋友都係家長心目中既gifted child,況且每一間學校既收生標準都唔同,好難清楚學校base on 什麼準則去收學生。平常心最緊要,唔係連小朋友自己都會有壓力~~

iamgiuliano,
如果pkc d高年級哥哥姐姐既英普水平都唔好既話,都應該同pkc既教學有關,咁pkc亦都唔應該成為大家心目中既好學校啦,對不對?

哥哥姐姐們只係負責同小朋友玩,俾分既始終係老師。不過哥哥姐姐們既英文同普通話講成點,會唔會真係影響到小朋友唔明d問題,唔識答呢?

iamgiuliano 寫道:

Children's interviews - is that a joke?

If the kids were really interviewed in the way you child described, I would understand why my child was not accepted.

If the big kids conducting the sessions were not fluent in English, how would the by-standing teachers possibly know the strength of the tested children's English ability?  Putonghua likewise.

78#
發表於 06-11-12 15:53 |只看該作者

Vincent1007,
Agree   位係得咁多, 過千人考一百幾十個位,考倒自然高興,唔得亦唔洗太傷心,傷心都冇用.唯有係睇下仲有冇 2nd in 機會.

之前我聽學校個小一talk,有個pkc 小一家長都話佢小朋友當年都係入左房玩完好開心出返黎,佢自己都唔知小朋有係邊方面優勝入倒pkc,所以有時d野係好多方面及冇話公平唔公平既.入倒固之然開心,入唔倒都唔洗酸溜溜o既,平常心啦.

我小朋友in 完都話好開心,咪當比佢去玩下咁lor,雖然stage one 冇收到,但都係一個好好即經驗黎.

79#
發表於 06-11-13 23:33 |只看該作者

Let's see how many 2nd ints they are having this saturday....there will be people dropping out from the first round accepted just dont know how many, which will determine how many from 2nd int pool will then be accepted.  Can anyone accepted share when is the deadline for signing the undertaking back to school?

80#
發表於 06-11-21 20:47 |只看該作者

We saw that 11/23 is for the first batch accepted to return the letter, so it's likely they'll know how many seats are available right after that day.  So we all will be waiting again on Friday/Saturday, hopefully with the good news!!!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題