教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 蔡繼友 2nd in 通知.......
樓主: bbqueen
go

蔡繼友 2nd in 通知....... [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 06-11-27 19:14 |只看該作者

Re: 蔡繼友 2nd in 通知.......

Hi, LuluCheung,

Sorry for late reply. Busy over the weekend. TSL is a DSS school called Po Leung Kuk Camoe Tan Siu Lin Primary School (Cantonese : Chan Sau Yan). However, it is a DSS and if we enroll = giving up the chance for second round draw of public school. Therefore,  we have decided to give it up.

Cheers,

TTMummy
If friends were flowers, I will pick a bunch of you!

102#
發表於 06-11-27 19:23 |只看該作者

Thanks,  Natmatt,

My girl had her 2nd interview this morning. The first candidate for the day. It went well and she has happy with the process and said she likes CKY far better than the others. There were 4 kids in one group and they need to read 4 pictures without words and tell the story afterwards. However, the character of the story is from some of the story books she has read before, so it might be some extract from a story book. The story was not hard. Moreover, there are about 5 more questions about herself, address, parents' occupation etc. My girl knows the answer but she said two kids in her group were not able to tell. So for those who are gonna have interview later, please get prepared.

Good luck!

103#
發表於 06-11-27 20:40 |只看該作者

TTMummy,
Thank you very very much, you are so kind.  May I know which language will be used in the 2nd interview, as my son told me that the interviewer is "golden hair" at 1st interview.(mean he answer in english) And do you know the name of the story book?

104#
發表於 06-11-27 21:54 |只看該作者

Hi TT Mummy,

Thanks so much for the advice.  Let's hope my boy gets an interview as well.  Do you know if they have more interviews scheduled for next week or is this the last week?

Good luck and I hope your girl gets in.

105#
發表於 06-11-27 22:05 |只看該作者

Lulucheung,

Don't mention it. I guess the interviews will take place till beginning of Dec i.e. end of this week as there are over 400 names on the 2nd interview list already. However, if there are no shows during the 2nd in, they will call up more parents later on this week. This morning, all 4 kids showed up for 9:30am and the other 4 for 10am also showed up.

The language used in the interview is Chinese by Principal Ms. Lau but the candidates can tell the story with Chinese or English.

My girl said the name of the main character in the story is Kipper, she has read a few books about this character. She knows it better than I do.

Good luck to you also....I guess very good chance if our kids is in the 2nd in.

106#
發表於 06-11-27 22:31 |只看該作者

TT Mummy - It's good to hear that your girl did well at the interview.  It's a positive sign.  Thanks for the rundown on the interview as well. Let's just hope that I get a phone call from CKY as well.  

107#
發表於 06-11-28 00:15 |只看該作者

Hi TTMummy,

I greatly appreciate your kindness in sharing the interview details with us here.  

My son will attend interview this Friday and we will be in a hurry from kindergarten as his interview has been scheduled in the early afternoon and he might not have time to change his uniform.  Hope this doesn't matter...

Can you tell me how long does the whole process last and what's the parent(s) role cos my husband may not be able to go with us?     Many thanks.

My son also says he likes CKY most among those he interviewed.  Really hopes that our kids can get in finally.   

108#
發表於 06-11-28 12:17 |只看該作者

Good luck and hope you will receive a call these days. Consider writing a letter to the head principal Ms. Lau to urge for a 2nd in. saying that yr whole family likes the school and really want to have a 2nd in.

109#
發表於 06-11-28 12:19 |只看該作者

funfamily,

you are most welcome. good luck to your son this friday and hope you can well prepare for him.

All 4 kids enter the head principal's room for around 20-25mins...they have prepared 30 mins for 4 kids.

I believe there is no problem in wearing uniform but make sure the uniform is clean and tidy (you know kids can make their uniform very dirty after school, remember to bring a backup set of clothing just in case you found out his uniform is damaged or dirty. (my personal suggestion and preparation).

Best to bring along the father by all means as one of my friend did not bring the daddy and the teacher made a remark in the interview card. They do emphasize parents to attend the interview although it was only certificate checking. I personally believe they do not only check the document but will put some remarks from their conversation with the parents.

Good Luck and share with us how it goes on Friday....

Cheers,

TTmummy

110#
發表於 06-11-29 13:30 |只看該作者

TTMummy,

Many thanks for your info and suggestion.  

Cheers,
funfamily

111#
發表於 06-11-29 20:09 |只看該作者

我(小朋友)in 咗啦. 个english 主任無乜嘢問,但我见到个chinese 主任in別的家長時好多問題問d家長, e.g. 放假和小朋友去边 etc. 唔知家長嗰part 計唔計分呢?

112#
發表於 06-11-29 20:29 |只看該作者

Hi, Lulucheung,

I do think they have a marking scheme on the parents' part but it does not play a high role in accepting the child. Most importantly it is the child's performance. For us, the teacher only told us what she wanted to say about the new temp campus and the music seminar in July and then indicated us to move.

Is your child able to tell you what he has been asked? Sure he will be okay. Hope our child can be classmates in future. My girl saw the student exercising in the playground on Monday and she was so exciting and wanted to join them. The students needed to count one two three ....all in Putonghua when exercising...so nice...the school gives them very good atmosphere to practice their languages. Afterall, we like this school very much.

Cheers,

TTMummy

:

113#
發表於 06-11-29 20:45 |只看該作者

TTMummy,
Thanks for your comfort.  I hope the parents' part will not play a high role cos I'm worry a lot why the teacher ask only two questions to us.  I hope our kids will be classmaid in coming P1 too.
TTMummy 寫道:
Hi, Lulucheung,

I do think they have a marking scheme on the parents' part but it does not play a high role in accepting the child. Most importantly it is the child's performance. For us, the teacher only told us what she wanted to say about the new temp campus and the music seminar in July and then indicated us to move.

Is your child able to tell you what he has been asked? Sure he will be okay. Hope our child can be classmates in future. My girl saw the student exercising in the playground on Monday and she was so exciting and wanted to join them. The students needed to count one two three ....all in Putonghua when exercising...so nice...the school gives them very good atmosphere to practice their languages. Afterall, we like this school very much.

Cheers,

TTMummy

:

114#
發表於 06-11-29 22:24 |只看該作者

Don't worry.  I think it has no significance.  The teacher who met us only asked one question: "Do you have any questions?".  It's me who asked her questions.

115#
發表於 06-11-30 00:11 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

116#
發表於 06-11-30 10:45 |只看該作者

That's good, thanks!
ckwliu 寫道:
we were the last one on the day. the first thing the teacher said was that the conversation between us was not part of the admission process. she only checked the birth cert and nothing else!  and only told me abt the music camp and when we'll receive the letter.  that's all!!!  

117#
發表於 06-11-30 14:00 |只看該作者

To all parents that have attended the CKY 2nd interview:

Can you advise if any teachers disclosed if they will be doing more interviews next week or is tomorrow the last day.  Much appreciate your advice, thanks.

118#
發表於 06-11-30 14:34 |只看該作者

From the schedules, I notice that some groups are for 3 children, and some are for 4 children, but they are all 15 min slots.

Does anyone think this has any significance.

Is it possible that they will set a quota for selecting 1 kid from every group ?

Thanks.
I really like this school.

119#
發表於 06-11-30 14:45 |只看該作者

natmatt 寫道:

Can you advise if any teachers disclosed if they will be doing more interviews next week or is tomorrow the last day.  Much appreciate your advice, thanks.

i did not ask this question at that time, while other
parents did, and answer is the 2nd interview circle ends by this week.

120#
發表於 06-11-30 18:13 |只看該作者

hi natmatt,

we will have an interview tomorrow and i'll try to ask the teacher and let you know.

regards,

natmatt 寫道:

‹ 上一主題|下一主題