42#
發表於 06-11-6 17:53 |只看該作者

Re: Raimondi vs St. Paul Boys

faxfax 寫道:
我住果頭
見 rc 小學 d 男仔好乖下
但唔知點解, 中學生就會有d"油脂仔"外型
stb d 男仔乖d, 不過最正經都係 king's仔

ha ha... 妳形容得超正呢!“中學生就會有d"油脂仔"外型”,SJC 中學同好多男校都係甘啦 。係 KingS 仔薯d,sorry... 係“讀書人”樣d,官校嘛。

另外,你講得都 arm...,轉左DSS,可能 Paul Boys 同 Raimondi 既 Secondary 10 年後會好吾同 (assuming that Raimondi Secondary remains a govn't subsidy)。。。可憐既係我地身處 transitional period。。。樣樣都估估下!
:cry:

faxfax 寫道:
可能由於 rc 考得好的學生, 升中都會向外謀更好出路
(呀姪仔成家都係一心希望去 qc/king's/st jo) 而且會有一d大抽入的學生
stb 中學成績麻麻, 不過轉左去 dds 之後估會好d
我覺得, spb 比 rc 好
但 spb 只收唔夠 100 人, 都好難入下

You're right... only 100 or less... if we have this luck, should really consider Paul Boys...

醒目開學勳章

43#
發表於 06-11-6 18:13 |只看該作者

pumbaa 寫道:
Curious to know how many applicants for RC this year.

RC should have 5 classes P1
5x35 = 175 students???   

My friend has a son studying in P.2.  He said that the class size this year is 39 while it was 28 in P.1.  Then I noticed from the school's removal announcement that they will operate as a "24-class" primary school.  It sounds to me that there will be 4 classes in each grade and the existing 5 classes in each grade are combined into 4.  

醒目開學勳章

44#
發表於 06-11-6 18:17 |只看該作者

pumbaa 寫道:
Morris mama,

It just my guess!

My friend says the applicant is about 500. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Seems that I learnt from other thread that the no. is 4xx.

[/quote]
If it offers 140, that should be 1 out of 4 applicants.  

[/quote]

Though they only have 140 places, I believe that they offer much more than that ... maybe as many as 300!

醒目開學勳章

45#
發表於 06-11-6 18:23 |只看該作者

morris_mama 寫道:
[quote]Mrs.Wong 寫道:
It seems to me that they accept nearly all applicants.  Their acceptance quota must be much more than their quota.

Right... originally I got this feeling too - seems to me that it's not difficult to get accepted by Raimondi but read this, there are still a number of parents who expect their sons would got accepted but they didn't make it:

http://www.baby-kingdom.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=452516&forum=7

[/quote]

Hi morris_mama, it was last year's discussion, right?

46#
發表於 06-11-6 18:34 |只看該作者

Good to talk with you BK moms!  Now I got a clearer picture... ^^

醒目開學勳章

47#
發表於 06-11-6 18:44 |只看該作者

In choosing the right school, "Through Train arrangement" is very much a prime concern.  I don't want to play the game once again 6 years later!!

When I learnt from the discussion forum that Raimondi's secondary school is a government subsidized school (correct me if I am wrong), my preference goes to SPB.  

48#
發表於 06-11-6 19:13 |只看該作者

Mrs.Wong 寫道:
I don't want to play the game once again 6 years later!!

of course of course ><

but my husband said if our boy really got into Raimondi / SPC... he will apply QC/ KC F.1 for our boy (he's an old boy of KC )... but it's too early to say lah...   

you got the point ar... Mrs. Wong... it will be a different story maybe in 5 years time.  Through train is good for kids.  At least easier to adapt from Primary to Secondary I suppose...  Also, would become a good backup if got a not bad secondary.  No wonder Paul Boys is so popular among parents...

Mrs. Wong, are you a Christian may I know?

49#
發表於 06-11-6 22:10 |只看該作者

Can someone share your view with me.  What will be your choice between SJ and RC?  

50#
發表於 06-11-6 22:18 |只看該作者

dollhouse 寫道:
Can someone share your view with me.  What will be your choice between SJ and RC?  

SJC Wanchai or Kln?  I think you're talking about SJC Wanchai.

If $ is not a concern, my feeling is that RC Primary is better than SJC Primary but SJC Secondary is slightly better than RC Secondary.  But interesting, most people that I know (both RC and SJC Secondary) continued their studies overseas and did well in Universities.  Their parents simply planned to send their kids to overseas to avoid HKCEE.

Disappointing news is - My ex workmate told me that SJ Wanchai has become a Chinese Primary School, his son is doing P.1 in that school so I just believed him.  But anyone can confirm pls?

Anyway, I was told that La Salle is also a Chinese Primary School.  So... maybe English standard can also be good in these so called Chinese Primary Schools but I don't know how they made it but they made it, ha ha...

醒目開學勳章

51#
發表於 06-11-7 00:00 |只看該作者

morris_mama 寫道:

Hi morris_mama

I am neither a Christian nor a Catholic.

52#
發表於 06-11-7 00:38 |只看該作者

Mrs.Wong 寫道:
[quote]
morris_mama 寫道:

Hi morris_mama

I am neither a Christian nor a Catholic.[/quote]

Oh I see...  Thanks for your reply!

53#
發表於 06-11-7 11:21 |只看該作者

Hi morris_mama,

Thanks for your sharing,  I'm now struggling to choose which of the two schools I have mentioned.  For my understanding, you prefer RC more for primary section.   Can I know the reasons behind?  Also, do you know why the banding for RC (SECondary) is not so "good"?  Thanks again.

morris_mama 寫道:
[quote]dollhouse 寫道:

SJC Wanchai or Kln?  I think you're talking about SJC Wanchai.

If $ is not a concern, my feeling is that RC Primary is better than SJC Primary but SJC Secondary is slightly better than RC Secondary.  But interesting, most people that I know (both RC and SJC Secondary) continued their studies overseas and did well in Universities.  Their parents simply planned to send their kids to overseas to avoid HKCEE.

Disappointing news is - My ex workmate told me that SJ Wanchai has become a Chinese Primary School, his son is doing P.1 in that school so I just believed him.  But anyone can confirm pls?

Anyway, I was told that La Salle is also a Chinese Primary School.  So... maybe English standard can also be good in these so called Chinese Primary Schools but I don't know how they made it but they made it, ha ha...[/quote]

54#
發表於 06-11-7 11:38 |只看該作者

Hi everbody,

I'm the first time to join this forum. I'm also a mum with the concerning of RC and SPC.

As my cognitive, RC is much traditional and concentrate on academic. Students are need to seat in lines. They are need to have good performance.

In SPC, is much active, students are seat together with a big table. They have more discussing in class. A support team is ready for the students who have an obstacle in study.

It's depends on the character of your son. Mine is a stubborn, follow concerte rules child. So, RC should make him feeling safe. But for me, i like active education rather than tradition. It helps for the 通識教學.

The competition among both secondary school is too early. There're many changes on everyday. If your son has good result in P.6, there should be many many choices for you (ie you can choose and try other better school). If not, you must stay in the original cause you have no choice. It's depends on the ability of your son. (that's you can see on the coming years in primary school)

55#
發表於 06-11-7 13:49 |只看該作者

dollhouse 寫道:
Hi morris_mama,

Thanks for your sharing,  I'm now struggling to choose which of the two schools I have mentioned.  For my understanding, you prefer RC more for primary section.   Can I know the reasons behind?  Also, do you know why the banding for RC (SECondary) is not so "good"?  Thanks again.

Hello dollhouse, really no need to thank me, I just try to share what I saw and how I perceive things.    As to why I prefer RC more than SJC for primary section (btw, good question you raised to me), it's based on two things:

(1) RC primary kids gave me good impression - more disciplined and gentle.  SJC primary kids are... "active".  My ex colleague's kid was rejected by a lot of schools but got into SJC at the "knock the door" stage, the boy is..."very active".  Don't easily believe me, if you have time, stand near the entrance and observe these kids after school.

Less people would compare RC and SJC kids, I heard a lot more people (including those old 師傅s who make and sell school uniforms in Wanchai area) comparing SJC and WH boys and same comments they gave - it's a big contrast - WH boys are more disciplined SJC boys are "naughty" (or active I donno), have you heard?  I don't understand this but it's what people says.

(2) RC is a private school.  It selects its own kids, I believe these kids may have similar characteristics/ background.  SJC, not bad if your son is strong built and has strong characters.  These boys may grow up with higher EQ who knows?!

My son is a little gentleman () and I taught him to avoid confronting with "naughty" kids and he should never fight back if a classmate hits him at school.  I don't think he can easily survive in most govrn't subsidy BOYs schools.  My fault, my fault...

56#
發表於 06-11-7 14:00 |只看該作者

ngok 寫道:
Hi everbody,

I'm the first time to join this forum. I'm also a mum with the concerning of RC and SPC.

As my cognitive...

Welcome welcome!  aiya aiya... the more I heard from you moms, I more that I think I should re-consider SPC if it takes my son...

恨不得,恨不得是最痛苦啊。 :-|  

57#
發表於 06-11-7 15:15 |只看該作者

HI morris_mama,

Thanks again.  Talking about the academic "push", I think SJ is "harder" thank RC, right?  For this year (07-08) stduents have to fight for limited spaces for secondary schools.  I also heard from BK mums that SJ teachers are quite "strict".  Am I correct?

58#
發表於 06-11-7 15:42 |只看該作者

dollhouse 寫道:
HI morris_mama,

Thanks again.  Talking about the academic "push", I think SJ is "harder" thank RC, right?  For this year (07-08) stduents have to fight for limited spaces for secondary schools.  I also heard from BK mums that SJ teachers are quite "strict".  Am I correct?

Honestly, I cannot compare re the degree of their "pushing".  I have no idea how SJ pushes its kids.  But I did hear a friend saying that RC only pushes her kid when he's in P. 5 and P. 6.  Anyone knows?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題