用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 First Dictionary - please help!
發新帖
查看: 709|回覆: 2
go

First Dictionary - please help! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-10-20 00:07 |只看該作者

Re: First Dictionary - please help!

The best:
Scholastic Children's Dictionary (Revised and Updated Edition) (Hardcover)
ISBN: 0439365635

I saw the review online.

Reviewer:        Jane James "homeschoolmum"
What I love most about this dictionary is that it has a lot of words, and adequate definitions for them -- but the definitions are not complicated themselves. Most of the words the kids need to look up are in there, and they don't get confused on the definitions, either.

My kids use this one all the time -- we've bought 5 copies to date, and since I have 6 children, we will undoubtedly get more as time goes on.

My friend, who is the head teacher of a K-12 school, has several copies of this dictionary in each classroom, and prefers it to any other simple dictionary.

This is really an excellent choice for children.

Reviewer:        B. Miller (Fremont, NE)
I rate this a 5 star for the purpose I purchased it. It introduced my grandson, as a 3rd grader with homework, to the use of a dictionary. I was astounded to realize that he had been reading his social studies with only partial understanding because of skipping over words that had no meaning for him ... words we take for granted with which a child has had little or no experience. I taught him the blessing of a dictionary and we started going over his work. His eyes lit up as his brain lit up with understanding. His grades went up .. a matter of great pride to him. Just learning to work the filing system of a dictionary quickly is another accomplishment for a 3rd or 4th grader. They can graduate to a more adult dictionary later on with confidence and grace. This one is a wonderful beginning.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題