go

有冇小朋友讀緊拔萃男書院附屬小學 [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 06-10-31 23:22 |只看該作者

Re: 有冇小朋友讀緊拔萃男書院附屬小學

根據校方消息, 呢一刻仲未決定2nd in o個日子.

shueyl 寫道:
Chatterbox,

Really thanks u share your experience to us. U is so kindly....

That's will be very helpful of us, My son also applied G1, hope we can have a good news on mid-Dec.......

42#
發表於 06-11-1 10:08 |只看該作者

$3800 per month X 10 + extra-curriular activities fee.

duck_duck 寫道:
$3800 per month X 10
wwma 寫道:
May I know how much is the school fee?

43#
發表於 06-11-1 23:43 |只看該作者

Thx duck_duck,

不過我想只有聖公會的信仰不會有10分那麽多吧?舊生、兄長正在就讀和信仰加起來才有10份吧?

Others 10% - (e.g. father or brother is an old boy of DBS; brother is studying in DBS or DBSPD; member of the Sheng Kung Hui Church)

44#
發表於 06-11-2 09:11 |只看該作者

The headteacher has clarified the criteria of getting the 10 marks in the briefing session.

Candidate will get the 10 marks if his dad is an old boy, or he has a brother studying at DBSPD, or he is affiliated with SHK (聖公會).

You can imagine that there will be many candidates getting the 10 marks and it would be counted in the 1st round ..... so those without the 10 marks are difficult to be shortlisted for the 2nd interview unless he is very bright!

junko
[quote]
大粉果 寫道:
Thx duck_duck,

不過我想只有聖公會的信仰不會有10分那

45#
發表於 06-11-2 22:17 |只看該作者

[quote]
Junko 寫道:
The headteacher has clarified the criteria of getting the 10 marks in the briefing session.

Candidate will get the 10 marks if his dad is an old boy, or he has a brother studying at DBSPD, or he is affiliated with SHK (聖公會).

You can imagine that there will be many candidates getting the 10 marks and it would be counted in the 1st round ..... so those without the 10 marks are difficult to be shortlisted for the 2nd interview unless he is very bright!

junko
[quote]
大粉果 寫道:
Thx duck_duck,

不過我想只有聖公會的信仰不會有10分那

46#
發表於 06-11-3 23:25 |只看該作者

Junko 寫道:

我都有去嗰場 briefing, 但我唔覺得校長好清楚講是但一樣都會俾足十分

47#
發表於 06-11-6 12:07 |只看該作者

Hi! Chatterbox

I share your view that the interview is very subjective!

By the way, could you mind sharing the format or questions of the 2nd interview of last year with us?

Thanks!

junko

Chatterbox 寫道:
You are most welcome!

I went through this process last year, so I know how stressful and anxious parents are during this interim period!

I know it's easier said then done, but do try to relax. It's all fated to a certain extent!  Interviews are very subjective, so there's an element of luck in it.  

Chatterbox

48#
發表於 06-11-6 16:08 |只看該作者

[quote]
Junko 寫道:

junko
[quote]
大粉果 寫道:
Thx duck_duck,

不過我想只有聖公會的信仰不會有10分那

49#
發表於 06-11-6 17:33 |只看該作者

I don't get it... the published marking scheme is really a bit misleading.  But I'm quite sure it's the same with the one shown in the ppt by the Headteacher during the briefing session.  Someone raised a question about the marking scheme - when the 10% mark - d. 其他 10%( 包括父親及兄長是舊生、兄長就讀本校中、小學或為聖公會教友。) - is added, ie in the 1st/ 2nd round.  The answer given by the Headteacher at the time is, "the 1st round".

happy for the related ones.
but me =  :cry:

50#
發表於 06-11-6 17:42 |只看該作者

morris_mama 寫道:

me too. We are in the same boat!

Don't know how long we have to wait.

51#
發表於 06-11-6 19:25 |只看該作者

eemay 寫道:
[quote]
morris_mama 寫道:

me too. We are in the same boat!

Don't know how long we have to wait.[/quote]

Hi hi, see you here again!  My neck is very long now... ha ha...

p.s. that's why i "hea" here every day for 1st hand news (if any)  

52#
發表於 06-11-7 00:07 |只看該作者

morris_mama 寫道:
Someone raised a question about the marking scheme - when the 10% mark - d. 其他 10%( 包括父親及兄長是舊生、兄長就讀本校中、小學或為聖公會教友。) - is added, ie in the 1st/ 2nd round.  The answer given by the Headteacher at the time is, "the 1st round".

Yes, in the first briefing session, a lady standing on the right hand side near the front asked the question.  She said her first son is studying in DBSPD and her second son applied this year.  She asked when the ten marks will be given.  The answer from the Headteacher was the 1st round.  But her use of "嗰十分" is subject to interpretation.  I am not sure if she meant full ten marks for all cases listed.  The Headteacher also quoted a percentage of those with a "relation" admitted in the past (I forgot the figure, anyone can recall?), but that figure was when the 10 marks were added at the final round.  If full ten marks are given to all having a "relation" including anyone from SKH, the chance of other children getting into the school would be very slim.

53#
發表於 06-11-7 00:20 |只看該作者

Rham 寫道:
Yes, in the first briefing session, a lady standing on the right hand side near the front asked the question.  She said her first son is studying in DBSPD and her second son applied this year.  She asked when the ten marks will be given.  The answer from the Headteacher was the 1st round.  But her use of "嗰十分" is subject to interpretation.  I am not sure if she meant full ten marks for all cases listed.

Hi again here, Rham.  Oh it is the 1st session you attended? I attended the 2nd!  In the 2nd, it was also a lady but one sat on the balcony who asked this question.  Her question is simply: when “有關係果10分” is added - 1st / 2nd round.  No % is given as to how many 有關係 got accepted at the end, or I can't recall anyone has asked for such figure.

Rham 寫道:
If full ten marks are given to all having a "relation" including anyone from SKH, the chance of other children getting into the school would be very slim.

*Sigh*... my understanding is really anyone who is (1) SKH or (2) alumni or (3) got brother in DBS will get that 10 marks.

><

54#
發表於 06-11-7 00:25 |只看該作者

But anyone knows whether they used the same method in the previous two years?

I asked this becos I knew one person who's an old boy but unfortunately his son got rejected last year, but I knew another person whose son didn't has that 10 marks but got accepted two years ago.

醒目開學勳章

55#
發表於 06-11-7 02:32 |只看該作者

Don't bother too much on the "marking scheme".  It sounds like an open and transparent exercise but ...(sigh) ... one should expect that "relation" counts in a famous school like this.

I don't mean to upset you, but I heard that the headteacher promised privately to applicants with brothers studying a chance of 2nd interview.

56#
發表於 06-11-7 10:57 |只看該作者

If I were the headteacher, I will also made the same promise, because: 1) they already state the 'relation' 10 mark (10 for same church/father as old boy/brother studying here) will be put in 1st interview; and 2) if they came from the same family, the little brother had very little chance of very poor performance. It just almost certain the little brothers will get 2nd interview...

Mrs.Wong 寫道:
I don't mean to upset you, but I heard that the headteacher promised privately to applicants with brothers studying a chance of 2nd interview.
:-D
‹ 上一主題|下一主題