搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 報小一時附在報名表的profile點做?
查看: 286414|回覆: 3957
go

報小一時附在報名表的profile點做? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 03-9-3 22:36 |只看該作者

報小一時附在報名表的profile點做?

我的兒子今年要報小一,有些學校要求提供profile,我好想知道有甚麼方法可以用電腦做一個見得人的profile。有沒有人可教我呢?你地有沒有幫小朋友做profile?內容要放甚麼?有沒有人幫人做profile?

Tiffany

2#
發表於 03-9-3 23:06 |只看該作者

Re: 報小一時附在報名表的profile點做?

Can you tell me which school need to provide profile?

3#
發表於 03-9-3 23:54 |只看該作者

Are you saying that the private and direct subsidized schools requiring the profiles?

As the government and subsidized schools do not require you to provide profile when you submit the application form unless you want to submit it along yourself.

Usually the profile should contain the following for the child:

1.  Resume
2.  School reports and certificates
3.  Extra-curricular activities information and certificates (if any)
4.  Reference letter/testimonial from principal or other educational institute
5.  Pictures
6.  Interests and hobbies
7.  Any other relevant information (such as overseas trips, special achievements etc.)

4#
發表於 03-9-3 23:54 |只看該作者

報港大同學會可附小朋友的資料,我的朋友也正準備profolio,而當你報心儀的學校,附上profilio能給人良好印象。

5#
發表於 03-9-4 00:02 |只看該作者

Dear jjmame,

Thanks for your information. It's very useful.

Some private and direct subsidized schools require profilio. For example, the application form of 港大同學會wriites: "其他附加資料亦可交予本校" . Therefore, I am going to preparing the profilio of my son. Have you prepared any profilio for your child? Do you know how to do it by computer? Any template?

Tiffany

6#
發表於 03-9-4 00:02 |只看該作者

個人意見: 其實學校會唔會想知多d家長既野多過小朋友既野? Eg. 家長平日點教仔? 家長對孩子既教育方向...?

你地認為洗唔洗寫番篇文去講下呢d?

7#
發表於 03-9-4 17:35 |只看該作者

Of course the school would like to know something about the parents.  That's why HKUGA Primary School requires parents to discuss with the principal at a roundtable.  In fact, they're trying to interview and choose the parents on top of the children as well.

8#
發表於 03-9-5 00:09 |只看該作者

據我所知,很多小學(尤其是名牌)首先看小朋友的成績,以及有沒有CERT。父母的教仔方法,面試時老師或校長會親自問小朋友。
媽咪愛芝芝,芝芝愛媽咪。 :-D  :-D  :-D 請多多光臨芝心話姨姨鬧芝芝將水混入媽咪的潤膚油內。
芝芝:你估媽咪覺得我重要,還是嗰樽嘢重要!
@_@

9#
發表於 03-9-5 18:45 |只看該作者

profile must clear & easy to read.
a letter to school master also needed, point out why you want to apply their school.
I've only send out 2 profiles, luckily two school accept my boy (he is now in P1 these days).  one is under waiting list 43.    besides, 2 profiles are not all the same, need to fit what the school need, something need to amend to different school.  therefore a good profile can help a lot.

gongonma   

10#
發表於 03-9-5 20:40 |只看該作者

gongonma,

Thank you for your advice.  However I was thinking of sending the same portfolio to several schools that I want to apply but with a different cover letter saying why I want to apply.  Is that alright?  I and my husband are working parents and we both have to work very late (to keep our job under the current difficult economic condition) so we don't have much time to do different versions of portfolio.  Do you think it's fine?

jjmame

11#
發表於 03-9-5 23:23 |只看該作者

Gongonma & jjmame,

Thanks for your advice. I am now going to prepare the profolio for my son but don't know how to do it, including:
1. how to use the computer to make a good profilio? Any software could help? Sorry for asking such stupid question because I haven't don't the similar things but I need to do it these two days. I don't know how to start the work.

2. How to write the covering letter? Do you mind sending me the covering letter for reference? My email address is: [email protected]
Thanks in advance.

Tiffany

12#
發表於 03-9-6 00:52 |只看該作者

gongonma,

I also want the covering letter.  Pls PM one to me for reference.  Thank you!!!

13#
發表於 03-9-6 01:31 |只看該作者

gongonma,

Could you pls PM me the covering letter?

Thx

14#
發表於 03-9-6 01:32 |只看該作者

請問你們所提及之profile, 是否是指私校 ?  如在第一小一自行分配學位報名時attach profile, 學校是否接納 ?

15#
發表於 03-9-6 08:11 |只看該作者

Portfolio is meant for private and direct-subsidized schools.  But sometimes people do attach the children portfolio to the government and subsidized schools in the first round to show their sincerity.  Some of the schools accept it.

Also if you lost your favorite school in both rounds, you may try the final time by writing directly to the principal attaching the portfolio and see if there's a chance of interview.

Below is a message on another topic from a BK mother which has a sample application letter.

wwyee
鑽石級會員

註冊日: 70-01-01
發表數: 581
香港島南區

Re: 收到心儀學校通知明天要見校長,有無媽媽有經驗可教路呀!!       

各位將為升小一而煩惱的媽媽,如果你地想要封推薦信的話,大家可以到我個網頁度下載架!!謝謝!!^-^

16#
發表於 03-9-6 10:14 |只看該作者

Hello jjmame
Please tell me your website name.  Thanks a lot!
與其有時間去可惜~ 不如用時間去珍惜~ 珍惜眼前人 :-)

17#
發表於 03-9-6 22:19 |只看該作者

janetc, sorry that I misled you.  I was saying that another BK mother - wwyee's website has the sample letter.

Please search for this topic " Re: 收到心儀學校通知明天要見校長,有無媽媽有經驗可教路呀! " in this primary school talks section and you will find the website.

jjmame

18#
發表於 03-9-6 22:38 |只看該作者

janetc,

Here is the website for wwyee

http://hk.geocities.com/wwyeehk/homepage.htm

19#
發表於 03-9-7 01:30 |只看該作者

Gongonma,

Would you mind to PM the covering letter and the template of the profile to me please?

Thousand Thanks
San

20#
發表於 03-9-7 01:58 |只看該作者

Hello jjmame,
Thanks a lot!!!

Hello Gongonma and jjmame,
Would you mind to PM the covering letter and the template of the profile to me please?
Thanks!
Janetc
與其有時間去可惜~ 不如用時間去珍惜~ 珍惜眼前人 :-)
‹ 上一主題|下一主題