搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RC Parents. Let's share.
查看: 89673|回覆: 34
go

RC Parents. Let's share. [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-8-24 23:01 |顯示全部帖子

Re: RC Parents. Let's share.

My kid also likes the new environment though the majority in his class are new classmates (some from other classes of PIS & some are newcomers).  

The color of the playground looks very bright & comfy.  The school isn't very big but it is well-facilitated & I guess it is sufficient for the whole school.

Y1 has 5 classes & Y2 has 6 classes.  Each has about 23 kids.  H_A, can you share the info. how many classes in Y3 - Y6?

I like the KCR exit.  It is so close & convenient.  

The cost of the lunch is a bit higher than before - $25!!  It was $20 in PIS.  I skipped a few days of the order as I always think my kid only take a few mouthfuls of the food when he doesn't like it & I think the lunch time is always too short for them to finish their food (20 mins in the past).

On the whole, the school is very nice.  I want to study there too^__^

Saturn.

2#
發表於 06-8-25 21:20 |顯示全部帖子

Hi mabelku,

Have you noticed there will be another ESF's private independent school proposing to be built in Discovery Bay?  It will be a full seaview construction which I think will be more deluxe than RC.  Let's share the website of this proposed deluxe IS  

http://dbpis.esf.edu.hk/home.htm

Saturn.

3#
發表於 06-8-26 10:57 |顯示全部帖子

Same as for RC, both the govt & ESF will be responsible for this cost.  The school fee in DB will be a little higher than RC.

Saturn.

mabelku 寫道:
Saturn,

Oh, really want be a childred now. I better to apply this school with my husburn.    Ha Ha Ha.
May I know who pay the establish fee for school?  ESF or goverment???

4#
發表於 06-8-26 11:05 |顯示全部帖子

All who have committed to join such a brand new school have already known they are 'white mouse', including the Principal.  It also applies to all other new local schools, esp. the DSS ones right?

Saturn.

swan88 寫道:
I was at the induction.. I get the feeling that it is like an "new experiment" for teachers, students & parents. Not sure how or what will turn out.. keeping my fingers crossed and hoped that it will turn out GOOD... having butterflies in my stomach already !!!![/quote]

5#
發表於 06-8-27 11:41 |顯示全部帖子

No.  PIS's former Principal was Mr Cheung Siu Ming.  He is now the Prin. of Creative Sec. School in TKO.  Ms Karen Powell, currently the Head of Sec. in RC, worked as Acting Prin. after Mr Cheung left in early 2006.

Mr Kenny also arrived in early 2006.  But he began his work mainly on setting up RC.  He was the Regional Project Manager of IBO in S'pore before coming to HK.  So, he should be very experienced in working on IB curriculum.  This is all that I know.  Pls read "message from the Principal" in RC's website for more.

6#
發表於 06-8-27 11:50 |顯示全部帖子

If I trace back the no. of classes in PIS, RC has admitted about 1 class (Y3-4) & 2 classes (Y5-6) extra in each of the year.

H_A 寫道:
We like the KCR exit, too.  I hope that she can go to school herself next year, because of the convenient exit.

Y3 - 3 classes (22 - 23 students)
Y4 - 3 classes (23 - 24 students)
Y5 - 4 classes (23 - 24 students)
Y6 - 3 classes (27 students)
I have ordered the lunch for whole month, because I do not have time to prepare.
We like the grouping area for each Grade. Hope she can meet more friends there.
If I can study like them, maybe I will like to go to school, too.     [/quote]

7#
發表於 06-8-29 09:13 |顯示全部帖子

Kareese, I just found out that your kid has been admitted to RC.  Great!

My helper also told me the school finished at 3:30pm yesterday.

I went RC with my kid yesterday morning & talked to some moms.  We all query why there seems no EA in the class though the class size now is a little smaller than b4.  In PIS, the EA comes during the am session.  I do think that at least Y1-2 should have EA in the class.  Some moms told me the EA do help guiding the classwork.

Also about the lunch.  I was told that parents cannot bring lunch to the kids & even the kid brings the lunch with him/her to school is also forbidden.  Then, that means there is no option for us?  I'm gonna call the school later to clarify it.

8#
發表於 06-8-29 10:29 |顯示全部帖子

Hi MarcusMa,

Thanks for your info.  I just called Ms Chima, the receptionist.  The answer is same as yours.  I asked her why the school finished late yesterday.  She said since it's the start of the school, the students spent longer time to line up.  It sounds acceptable to me.

BTW, Ms De Melo (1GD) is great!  She was also the P1 teacher in PIS.  You can't imagine how much energy she has, in terms of her size.  

9#
發表於 06-8-29 17:45 |顯示全部帖子

Hey writeme,

This is a forum, not a place for writing poem.  BS!

Saturn.

writeme 寫道:
You really need to brush up on your English.

All mom,

1. Ms. De Melo is very a good teacher last year.  My daugther was taught by her. She is very nice.

2. RC is a new school and it takes time for improvement.   Things need to be improved are trivial matters.  However, I think we can call them or write an e-mail telling RC what we expect. The teacher may be very busy at the moment and they may not be able to handle so many things.  I think we can let them know how and where to improve by sending them emails.

3. Last night, I also wrote an email telling them about the classroom temperature and my daughter said that the temperature was too low.

Hope they can improve shortly.
mabelku 寫道:
All mom,

1. Ms. De Melo is very good teacher last year my daugther teaching by her.  Very nice and good.

2. RC is a new school and may be not quite enough time to prepare.  So, I expect so many thing need to improve is very normal.  However, I think we can call them or write a e-mail to the RC school if feel any problem.  As sometimes, may be the teacher is too busy at the moment to take care so many thing.   So, I think the parent can remind them by e-mail let them to imrpove.

3. Yesterday night, I also write a e-mail to them about the classroom temperature and my daughter say is very cold.

Hope all the thing, they can improve shortly.   
[/quote]

10#
發表於 06-8-29 17:48 |顯示全部帖子

Dear RC Parents,

Mr Kenny just sent us an email titled "Letter to all parents", pls take a look.

Saturn.

11#
發表於 06-8-29 20:47 |顯示全部帖子

H_A,

My son doesn't like to take school bus, so I ask my helper to send him to school (I'm a working mom).  These 2 days, they leave home at ~0740 & arrive school b4 08:30.  After school, he likes to stay a while more in school to play.  Therefore, definitely "No" school bus for him.  I'd rather him staying at school more than going back home to spend so much time on watching TV & playing PC game.

Surely we'll have the chance to meet in RC.  Are you a working mom or housewife?  

12#
發表於 06-8-30 01:10 |顯示全部帖子

Another teacher whom I knew more is Ms Ackison of 1CA.  She was the PYP coordinator last year in PIS & also helped replacing my son's class teacher on some days during last school year.  Since she had led my son's class in a few outings, I could recognize her putting much efforts in educating the kids.

13#
發表於 06-8-30 10:02 |顯示全部帖子

Hi MarcusMa & H_A,

I don't think I'm so nice as you imagine.  I'm always too straightforward & some people may find me rather offensive.  Anyway, thanks & nice to meet you here in BK.

My son is in 2CV.  The teacher is from PIS but I don't much about her.  One thing very funny is that there are 2 kids in my son's class who are the kids of RC teachers.  One of them is the class teacher's daughter!  My son told me the girl can't call her 'mom', she needs to call her Ms Ventura in school  

14#
發表於 06-8-30 12:54 |顯示全部帖子

BTW, I'm getting more & more fond of the color & design of the school uniform.  It's a uniform, at the same time, it's like casual wear.  This is exactly the outcome the school wanted.

15#
發表於 06-8-30 17:46 |顯示全部帖子

Guess I'll make my own decision to ask my son wear long PE pants like the one they wore in PIS (Dark blue cotton).  The RC PE pants is too thin & short for winter.  Or maybe we can raise our concern to Mr Kenny/Muller later.

The school bag is optional.  Even if it is the small size for Y1-3, I still think it's too big for the younger kids.  My son is using the one bought in P1.  I'll buy him the RC school bag when this one is worn out.

16#
發表於 06-8-31 09:30 |顯示全部帖子

mabelku,

Your idea is workable.  I'll keep it in mind too.

Though I think it's fine for the kids to wear short-sleeves & shorts during PE for the ease of moving around, I do worry they can get a cold easily in early morning in winter time.  As the RC PE shorts is in dark blue, I think changing the shorts into pants should be fine!!??  

Saturn

17#
發表於 06-8-31 20:13 |顯示全部帖子

I think the catering service in RC is still very messy.  Yesterday I asked my helper to add my son’s lunch order for today & make amendment for some orders for the month.  I clarified with the canteen’s staff over the phone & my helper settled the payment with her.

Today, my helper called me after school.  She said the class teacher asked her to tell me the lunch isn’t “free of charge”.  I felt very annoying because I think she has the assumption that I try to 搏懵.  It was, of course, the mistake made by the canteen.  I know some other parents were also told they haven’t paid for the meals, in fact it wasn’t right.  I called the school at once & the receptionist apologized to me after my clarification.  

More to note.  A parent told me the kids can actually change their choice at lunch on the day.  I wonder what’s the point of filling the choice in the form.

Though many cases of mistakes happened over the past few days, some parents including myself were told by the kids that the food is delicious.   

18#
發表於 06-9-7 07:09 |顯示全部帖子

Re: RC P1

I absolutely agree with WYmom.  I know an RC kid who lives in Marina Cove in Sai Kung has to get on the bus at 7:45.

I also live in Sai Kung over the hill in a village.  My son studied pm class in a KG in Clearwater Bay.  The school starts at 1pm.  But my son had to live home at 11:20 to catch a green minibus to meet the school bus in Sai Kung town which comes at 11:45.  Sooner, for some reasons, we quitted the school bus & my helper brought him to school.  

I don't think tweety彤媽's case is a typically unreasonable one.

Saturn.

19#
發表於 06-9-19 07:02 |顯示全部帖子

Annie 123,

Pls check PM.

20#
發表於 06-10-25 06:50 |顯示全部帖子

I agree with BBQQ & tipper.

It is true that many Cantonese speaking kids in RC & ESF schools talk to their peers in Cantonese.  It is very natural that they would prefer to talk to each other in the language they are most familar.  What's the big deal they talk in their mother tongue?  It can't really reflect their Eng. standard!

Parents who want their kids to be familar with Eng. should also give them the Eng. environment at home (not necessarily be orally but giving them Eng. channel TV, radio, reading Eng. book, etc).

It is very likely that older kids take longer to pick up a 2nd language.

Saturn.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題