101#
發表於 06-9-10 01:45 |只看該作者

Re: RC Parents. Let's share.

Is RC difficult to get in?

102#
發表於 06-9-10 09:17 |只看該作者

Hi Ruby1219 & mabelku,
For ECA, please visit RC website, under the 'Anouncement' title, the CAS topic.

103#
發表於 06-9-10 11:07 |只看該作者

Thank you MarcusMa,

I went there and saw the timetable for CAS. Just two activities applicable to Y2. I'd applied Orchestra for my son already (replied to the memo sent to us a week ago). For Chinese speech, he can't join becos' the time clashed with his other activities. How about you ?

I'd also sent an email to his class teacher to ask for the timetable and when will the reading scheme start. They had the first spelling test last friday. That's all I know. Not sure how his Chinese lesson goes so far as no homework being brought back home.

Ruby

104#
發表於 06-9-10 21:26 |只看該作者

Ruby1219,

Seems that your kid is now in P.2, may I know after studying in RC for a year, do you feel that RC's P.1 Chinese is comparable to K3 in local kinder?  Does your kid like to read Chinese story books and able to write diary or journal in Chinese?

Thanks a lot for your advice.

105#
發表於 06-9-10 22:58 |只看該作者

Hi everyone,

I got the newsletter from school on last friday, i found that everyone should buy a renaissance college back pack, but i haven't bought it as they said it's not compulsory to do so ( i asked this on the orientation day).
Could anyone tell me the telephone number of back pack company, so that i could order it now.
Thanks!
Tweety彤媽 :-P

106#
發表於 06-9-10 23:06 |只看該作者

Hi Ruby,
My son is in P1, so only the Orchestra applicable.  Same as you I had applied Orchestra for my son already.   

Would you mind to tell me which class in your son in?
Regarding the spelling test, did the teacher advise you the details before test or this is a unknown test?
If Pheonix also had spelling test/dictation?

MarcusMa

107#
發表於 06-9-11 14:23 |只看該作者

Hi WYmom,

I talked to you before la.
Yes, my son is Y2 in RC already and he studied in Phoenix for P.1. Regarding his Chinese, I can't really compare that with local K.3 cos' I don't know the exact content/standard of local schools. He can only read very simple Chinese books, e.g. 1 sentence per page. And he does not like reading Chinese books at all. He only reads English books. In terms of writing, of course it's even worse, he would just do the Chinese printing as asked by his teachers (PIS and private teacher), or some exercises; but I don't think he can write a passage on his own.

He has private Chinese/Mandarin lesson once a week (since he was in int'l kindy), he is now very good at pinyin being taught by his private teacher.

Ruby
WYmom 寫道:
Ruby1219,

Seems that your kid is now in P.2, may I know after studying in RC for a year, do you feel that RC's P.1 Chinese is comparable to K3 in local kinder?  Does your kid like to read Chinese story books and able to write diary or journal in Chinese?

Thanks a lot for your advice.

108#
發表於 06-9-11 14:29 |只看該作者

Hi MarcusMa,

My son is in 2SRB.
For the spelling test, they are being distributed a spelling book last Monday, in which they had written 8 words such as family, mum, dad, sister, school, etc. Then, they are being asked to make one sentence using each of these words i.e. 8 sentences to make in total. These are all done during the class. Then, the kids bring back the book back home, parents are being asked to help them memorize the words and there will be a spelling test on Friday of that week. I heard from my son that this is a 'competition', he did not tell me the details but I guess they are collecting points from this test and someone got the highest point will be the final winner. Which can make spelling to them. And I guess this is going to be done every week.  

Ruby
MarcusMa 寫道:
Hi Ruby,
My son is in P1, so only the Orchestra applicable.  Same as you I had applied Orchestra for my son already.   

Would you mind to tell me which class in your son in?
Regarding the spelling test, did the teacher advise you the details before test or this is a unknown test?
If Pheonix also had spelling test/dictation?

MarcusMa

109#
發表於 06-9-11 23:33 |只看該作者

Hi Ruby,
Thanks for your reply.
Just checked email and received an email from Mr. Kenny and Mr. Muller.  Will you attend the 'Parent information afternoon' on tmr 2.30-3.13pm?

110#
發表於 06-9-12 11:59 |只看該作者

MarcusMa,

I haven't got the email from Mr Kenny and Mr Muller wor. How can you check that ? What's the Parent Information afternoon" about ?

Ruby
MarcusMa 寫道:
Hi Ruby,
Thanks for your reply.
Just checked email and received an email from Mr. Kenny and Mr. Muller.  Will you attend the 'Parent information afternoon' on tmr 2.30-3.13pm?

111#
發表於 06-9-12 13:33 |只看該作者

RC emailed the newsletter to those parents who left an email address with them.  For Y1 & 2, the time is 2:30 - 3:15, 12 Sept 2006.  For Y3 - 6, the time is 2:30-3:15, 13 Sept 2006.  It's really a short (shock) notice, esp. to those working mom & dad.  

112#
發表於 06-9-12 16:32 |只看該作者

MarcusMa,

Thanks for your useful information.  But, I cannot attend the Parent information afternoon due to I'm working mom.  Could you mind to share the information with us after you finish this afternoon.   

113#
發表於 06-9-12 22:47 |只看該作者

Dear all,

I have a question about the Y1 Chinese lesson.  It appears to me that the children of each class are separated into 2 groups when they have Chinese lesson.  I am not sure if the 2 groups are of the same level or if one of them is of a lower level.  Can anyone advise?  Thx.

114#
發表於 06-9-12 22:55 |只看該作者

Neptune,

I have left my email to them too but I didn't get an email regarding the Parent Information Meeting.

I called the school today whether there is such a meeting and why I didn't receive anything.  They said it is an urgent meeting since some of the parents have so many questions to ask.  They said I don't need to be worried as they are going to have another parent meeting on 25th evening.  The information has been posted on the web already.  But I didn't find any from the web yet.  Maybe I do not know how to find.  Do you find the meeting info from the school web?

Moreover, do you attend the meeting today.  Can you share the information?

115#
發表於 06-9-12 23:24 |只看該作者

Hi tweety彤媽,

You can find the details from RC website.
;-)

116#
發表於 06-9-13 00:04 |只看該作者

Fee_bee,

I also didn't receive e-mail from school. But, you can find in website under the newsettle.

:

117#
發表於 06-9-13 00:08 |只看該作者

Nixon,

My daugther last year in Phoneix also separated 2 groups and the teacher said that it's different teacher method for 2 gourps.  One is the child native speaking laugage is Chinese and one gourps the child native speaking is english(If the child cannot understand chinese).

118#
發表於 06-9-13 09:40 |只看該作者

The info on 25th evening has been posted on RC's website.  It starts from 6:30pm to 8:00 pm.

I did not attend the meeting yesterday as I'm a working mom and fully tied up with my office work for this week.

Could anyone share the info on the meeting held on 12 Sept 06?

119#
發表於 06-9-13 12:43 |只看該作者

Dears,
I have attended the meeting yesterday.  I think there are around 80 parents attended the meeting.  This meeting is mainly for y1 and y2.  Another same kind of meeting will be held on today for y3-y6.
Per Mr. Kenny's email, 25/Sept there will be a curriculum information evening at 6.30-8.00.for y1 & y2.

I didn't drop notes during the meeting, I try my best to relay the main point of the meeting:
I thought there are thousands of email fly to Mr. Muller for the past 10 days and most of them are complaint msg.  Mr. Muller expressed that he is very desperate to received all these emails.  He asked us to give him/the school some times as somethings can not be altered once.  
Lunch: Mr. Muller stated that kids who bring the own lunch are eating lunch at the upper stair of the canteen now.  But due to growing of the school, kids who bring lunch may still need to eat outside the canteen.
Homework: Some parents asked why no homework?  Mr. Muller said for the y1 & y2 children,
they should learn through play.  He said after school, we should still let them play and explore knowledge while playing.
Home learning: Mr Muller suggest we should talk to the child regarding school life at home.  
ECA: For Y1 & Y2 student, as they are two young, so there are no ECA for them.  Also, due to school bus arrangement problems.  But the school will still think of it at a later stage.
Communication:  For general things, we should contact the homeroom teachers first.  We have received a communication book, we can use this book to communicate with the teacher.  As now, the book look like an excerise book, this would be imrproved.

At the end of the meeting, it is the question & answer period.  One parent asked about the Chinese lessons, Mr Muller said for now, there are only 4 days chinese lesson a week.  When a new Chinese teacher joined the school, then the school can arrange chinese lesson on everyday.  Since I need to pick up my son, I have left the room and do not know what questions did other parents raised.

The above are only my own understanding, if someone has any alteration or addition, please do.

120#
發表於 06-9-13 14:40 |只看該作者

Dear MarcusMa

Thanks for your sharing.  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題