教育王國 討論區 初中教育 李寶椿聯合世界書院
發新帖
查看: 8681|回覆: 19
go

李寶椿聯合世界書院

發表於 06-8-10 09:29 |顯示全部帖子

李寶椿聯合世界書院

今日星島日報話車淑梅個女決定離開瑪利諾身修院學校,升讀夢寐以求的李寶椿聯合世界書院。

I know nothing about 李寶椿聯合世界書院 and I am interested to know more about this school, can anyone give me some information please?

發表於 06-8-10 09:31 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 李寶椿聯合世界書院

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 06-8-10 09:59 |顯示全部帖子

Li Po Chun United World College is one of the 10 colleges under United World Colleges. It offers a 2-yr. diploma course targeting the IBD prior to undergraduate studies. The students come from different countries with different ethnic backgrounds and cultures. Those who graduate from one of these colleges are normally taken by the top elite universities in the world.  Click below which will lead you to the UWC website.

UWC

deniset

abcde2006 寫道:
今日星島日報話車淑梅個女決定離開瑪利諾身修院學校,升讀夢寐以求的李寶椿聯合世界書院。

I know nothing about 李寶椿聯合世界書院 and I am interested to know more about this school, can anyone give me some information please?

發表於 06-8-10 10:02 |顯示全部帖子

李寶椿聯合世界書院是一所環球預科書院, 修讀兩年制IB課程, 其中以香港分校成績最優異. 是直通國際頂級名牌大學的門檻.

發表於 06-8-10 10:08 |顯示全部帖子

早兩年看雜誌有介紹此書院,依稀記得文中提及當年有林護學生不回林護讀中六,而轉讀此校, (當年IB尚未普及, 約廿年前浸會學院--即現時浸會大學,曾開辦IB), 覺得能培養學生獨立思考能力, 國際視野, 不會死讀書, 態銜接外國大學等.此乃文中提及的資料.

問題:
1.如小朋友明年升中一, 即 334制第一批學, IB如何銜接?
3年初中 + 3年高中 + 2年 IB + 4年大學 ? (聽聞中大, 港大都承認IB資格, 當然仍要看個別IB學生成績)
2.也即是較舊制學生多讀一年?
3聽說有些直資或私校 如真鐸也表示開IB?如何銜接? 詳情如何?

好似有太多問題, 各位有何高見?

發表於 06-8-10 10:17 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 06-8-10 11:15 |顯示全部帖子

HKU took IB students more than 20 years ago. My husband King's classmate went to Singapore to study IB (at that time don't have Li Po Chun in HK yet) before having enrolled into HKU Medicine.

I put my son to IB programme secondary school this year.

If you check the education news, it has been said that local U will allocate more places to foreign curriculum. In the past years, competition for places allocated to non-local secondary schools, including IBO programme is not keen at all. The reason being that those who are studing non-local curriculum are eyeing for overseas U or Ivey League U.

For your info, even the HKU affiliated secondary school, HKUGA collage adopts IB programme. Pls note however that CU is a bit conservative on this front. My co has an intern rejected by CU but accepted by HKU with his IB results (He studied in DBS and went to the US as exchanged student. He is brilliant and CU is a miss not to accept him)

From 07 onwards, all the ESF school will conduct IB programme. For those who intend to send their children to England for studies, IB is getting more popular in Britian. More are boarding schools are having IB programme. It just that you have to pay more. OxBridge is more willing to take IB students too, in view of too much "A" being given to A-level students, which make them difficult differentiate best from the good.

發表於 06-8-10 11:16 |顯示全部帖子

HKU took IB students more than 20 years ago. My husband King's classmate went to Singapore to study IB (at that time don't have Li Po Chun in HK yet) before having enrolled into HKU Medicine.

I put my son to IB programme secondary school this year.

If you check the education news, it has been said that local U will allocate more places to foreign curriculum. In the past years, competition for places allocated to non-local secondary schools, including IBO programme is not keen at all. The reason being that those who are studing non-local curriculum are eyeing for overseas U or Ivey League U.

For your info, even the HKU affiliated secondary school, HKUGA collage adopts IB programme. Pls note however that CU is a bit conservative on this front. My co has an intern rejected by CU but accepted by HKU with his IB results (He studied in DBS and went to the US as exchanged student. He is brilliant and CU is a miss not to accept him)

From 07 onwards, all the ESF school will conduct IB programme. For those who intend to send their children to England for studies, IB is getting more popular in Britian. More are boarding schools are having IB programme. It just that you have to pay more. OxBridge is more willing to take IB students too, in view of too much "A" being given to A-level students, which make them difficult differentiate best from the good.

發表於 06-8-10 11:42 |顯示全部帖子

我對 IB 的認識也是從李寶椿聯合世界書院開始, 該校學生常在世界考試中名列前矛.  早年曾上過學校網頁看過, 師資優良, 來自五湖四海, 成本高, 自然學費貴.

IBD相等於香港現今之預科或將來之高中課程, 所以並不須要讀完高中再讀IBD.  去年李寶椿有兩位學生在國試中考到前列成績, 她們也是傳統校聖保祿中五畢業生轉過來的.

男拔二三年後辦IBD課程, 升高中時學生可選本地高中或IBD課程, 將來對應考本地或國際試. 不過學校向家長透露, 讀IBD課程會比本地課程預計學費每月會貴數千元.

個人想法, 辦好IBD一定唔會平, 要學生英文水準高. IB課程視野當然比本地的疆化課程好, 但成本太高.  女拔已明確表示不辦IBD, 因傳統教育一樣可以以較低成本, 教出成績好, 英文高的學生, 入本地或國際名大學相信比李寶椿不會遜色.

發表於 06-8-10 12:57 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 聯合世界書院

同事個侄讀李寶椿,甘我問佢甘你個侄讀邊間中學,佢話:st paul。會考幾多分?佢話:28分+做左好多義工工作喎! 

發表於 06-8-10 14:24 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 聯合世界書院

發表於 06-8-10 14:59 |顯示全部帖子

名校如瑪利諾, 女拔, etc every year 都有學生拿到scholarship 讀UWC (united world college)- HK, Italy, UK etc 都有UWC
they follow IB syllabus and not A-levels
i think karen mok went to UWC Italy also.

發表於 06-8-10 15:19 |顯示全部帖子

Does anybody know the monthly fee and the application procedure?

發表於 06-8-10 19:37 |顯示全部帖子

dailam 寫道:
Does anybody know the monthly fee and the application procedure?

學費包食宿每年$180,000, 付費學位有限, 得幾個.  獎學金學位反而較多.

入學詳情: 按入

發表於 06-8-10 20:12 |顯示全部帖子

囝囝爸,

Thank you for your information!
But do you know whether it is competitive in applying either the scholarship placement or the 付費學位?

發表於 06-8-10 22:13 |顯示全部帖子

dailam 寫道:
囝囝爸,

Thank you for your information!
But do you know whether it is competitive in applying either the scholarship placement or the 付費學位?

CLICK HERE

發表於 06-8-10 22:42 |顯示全部帖子

囝囝爸,
Thanks a lot!

發表於 06-11-2 13:03 |顯示全部帖子

我想問要有什麼資格才可以得到scholarship架??
例如會考得多分  或者要不要本身就讀那間中學的某些証明等等呀??

另外, scholarship是否由李寶椿書院給予的??

thank you very much!!!

發表於 06-12-17 12:04 |顯示全部帖子

如果想ce之後,即係form6去李寶椿讀,應該幾時apply??
我睇過李寶椿website,佢又話會考要21分以上,但係form4/5就可以申請,姐係點?
李寶椿收生係咪睇community service/extra curriculars好重?只做過一次義工,鋼琴8級o唔ok??

希望有過來人可以解答小女的疑問!感激不盡!!!

發表於 06-12-18 20:50 |顯示全部帖子

我都想知同IB 同 334制 係邊個階段銜接     

另外Victoria Shanghai Academy 由小學到中學都係提供IB課程, any comment of this school   

lingling815 寫道:
早兩年看雜誌有介紹此書院,依稀記得文中提及當年有林護學生不回林護讀中六,而轉讀此校, (當年IB尚未普及, 約廿年前浸會學院--即現時浸會大學,曾開辦IB), 覺得能培養學生獨立思考能力, 國際視野, 不會死讀書, 態銜接外國大學等.此乃文中提及的資料.

問題:
1.如小朋友明年升中一, 即 334制第一批學, IB如何銜接?
3年初中 + 3年高中 + 2年 IB + 4年大學 ? (聽聞中大, 港大都承認IB資格, 當然仍要看個別IB學生成績)
2.也即是較舊制學生多讀一年?
3聽說有些直資或私校 如真鐸也表示開IB?如何銜接? 詳情如何?

好似有太多問題, 各位有何高見?