教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Concordia Internation School
發新帖
查看: 2657|回覆: 16
go

Concordia Internation School [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-7-22 12:35 |只看該作者

Concordia Internation School

Anyone has the comment for this school? My friend is Taiwanese and her daughter is now 12 years old (G.7) but seems most of the school is now not available for the new applicants for G.7 and only this school can arrange an interview for her.

Is there any comment for the discipline in this school? Anyone has the interview in this school before? Pls kindly assist~~~

2#
發表於 06-7-22 22:31 |只看該作者

Re: Concordia Internation School

My friend taught there few years ago, it wasn't good at all.  

3#
發表於 06-7-23 22:07 |只看該作者

Did U call to check with Renaissance College ?

4#
發表於 06-7-24 12:17 |只看該作者

But if Renassiance school is under ESF?? I have tried to call that school before but they said that child is not qualified since her mother tongue is not English.... any better suggestion since the time is really rush!!

5#
發表於 06-7-24 12:33 |只看該作者

Manman118 寫道:
But if Renassiance school is under ESF?? I have tried to call that school before but they said that child is not qualified since her mother tongue is not English.... any better suggestion since the time is really rush!!

Renassiance is different from those traditional ESF school, it is managed by an associated co. of ESF, and it mainly accepts local Chinese kids.  You should call Renaissance separately to apply, not ESF.

6#
發表於 06-7-24 16:15 |只看該作者

Thanks. I call Renassiance just now and they said they still have vacancies this year but they remind me again that if the child's primary language is English or not. I'm worrying about my friend's child english standard since she can listen to English but seldom talk in English...... is it the only choice for her? if other any more school she can apply too?

7#
發表於 06-7-24 16:42 |只看該作者

Manman118,

If the kid's English is not so good, maybe you can try Yew Chung International School at Kowloon Tong.  Another one is 蘇浙 at North Point, which use Mandarin as the main language.

One more is Singapore International School at HK South, which is mainly for Singaporeans who speak Mandarin and English.

8#
發表於 06-7-24 16:57 |只看該作者

Thanks WYmom. 蘇浙 is also on our list but they are only accept waiting list at the moment. Singapore international school seems only has primary section? Is it?

9#
發表於 06-7-24 17:46 |只看該作者

Manman118 寫道:
Thanks WYmom. 蘇浙 is also on our list but they are only accept waiting list at the moment. Singapore international school seems only has primary section? Is it?

SIS only has primary school??     Maybe you can check their website for more details.

Have you tried Yew Chung?  They accept students all the time during the year.

10#
發表於 06-7-24 18:08 |只看該作者

SIS only have primary section. The secondary will only be available Sept 2007. Even then only secondary 1 is available. Therefore you cannot consider SIS.

11#
發表於 06-7-24 21:49 |只看該作者

Manman118 寫道:
Thanks. I call Renassiance just now and they said they still have vacancies this year but they remind me again that if the child's primary language is English or not. I'm worrying about my friend's child english standard since she can listen to English but seldom talk in English...... is it the only choice for her? if other any more school she can apply too?

If Renassiance has vacancies now, you better apply now.  Once it's full, it's difficult to get in.  You can transfer to another ESF school from Renassiance and it's much easier than waiting from a non-ESF school.

12#
發表於 06-7-26 12:35 |只看該作者

Thanks all~ actually, we took the child to interview in Concordia yesterday and the interview is not going fine~ my friend's daughter is too shy and don't wanna to talk too much in English (she's also afraid to use English). I'm so afraid no school can accept her application~~

I will try Yew Ching school today...

13#
發表於 06-7-27 12:33 |只看該作者

Help help~~

Yew Ching is also not appropriate for this child... so in case if we are going to the worst case, is Delia is also ok? Pls kindly comment~

14#
發表於 06-7-27 13:20 |只看該作者

Yew Chung not suitable?  Why?  They don't accept her?

Delia has a lot of Japanese and Korean kids, so also need to communicate in English though their English is not very good.

English is a must for studying in International School.  If the girl prefers to study in Chinese, can try to apply some new local DSS such as Pui Kiu College or Tsung Tsin College.

15#
發表於 06-7-27 17:01 |只看該作者

Hi Wymom,
Actually, I really have headache on this...Yew Ching is not appropriate since it's out of my friend's budget (her budget is less than 10K per month). In TW, student learns English when they're in F.1 so my friend's daughter english is better than normal TW students but not as well as HK's student. She can listen but cannot speak well. Moreover, her daughter can only speak Mandarin and English (but not speaking well) For normal HK school, we're so afraid she cannot have friends and she will not be happy. What can I do? we want to have a better school for her (if it's Christian school, it's more better) but don't know which is good and appropriate. Can you pls kindly help? thanks a lot!!  

16#
發表於 06-7-27 17:57 |只看該作者

Manman118,

Your friend's case is quite difficult if she cannot afford Yew Chung's fee.  I have suggested some local choices - some new DSS: Pui Kiu or Baptist at Shatin, Tsung Tsin at Cheung Sha Wan, 播道 at TKO etc. some of which are Christian Schools and/or use Mandarin and maybe easier to get in.  Their fees are much lower than international schools.  But not sure if your friend's kid is local resident or not.  

If her Chinese is much better than English, it maybe easier for her to adapt in those new DSS rather than in international schools where English is dominant.

17#
發表於 06-7-28 17:06 |只看該作者

Hi WYmom
Thanks for your help~ I have called those school and only Tsung Tsin can accept the application form and other cannot. Do you have more recommendation? We can also accept P6 in case if the school is good in discipline and can accept Mandarin speaking student
‹ 上一主題|下一主題