教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Any comments on Sunnyside Kindergarten
樓主: cat424
go

Any comments on Sunnyside Kindergarten [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 06-8-7 14:31 |只看該作者

Re: Any comments on Sunnyside Kindergarten

Dear joanthony

Believe or not! I only have one boy and he is study at this kinder! This is the only relationship!

Apart from Sunnyside I have considered KBCK and intented to sent my son over there,  however I have moved house, so droped the idea! That is all my history!

I can only tell you what i know! So i can not comment other Kinder Which I have no info!

Just trying to be helpful!?????? Have I said sometning offensive??????!!!

22#
發表於 06-8-7 21:18 |只看該作者

BieBieKie,

My child is now attending the summer class in Starters.  My kid loves it very much. Everyday, once the school doors are opened, she rushes in.  She brings back a lot of art and craft works and most of them are well designed.  In this one/two weeks, she learnt a number of songs. She sings at home and when she goes out although not all the words can be clearly pronounced  She has been there since July, in these 5 weeks, I found that she is improving in her oral expression.  She is now talkative.

At the beginning of the summer school, I let my kid to wear the training pants to go to school.  After a few days, the teacher asked me to let her wear the panties only because they want her to get rid of the the diapers.  I appreciate that the teachers also concern about toilet training although it is only a summer school.

23#
發表於 06-8-8 09:35 |只看該作者

Hi Lovelybabies,

Thanks for your reply.  Are you planning to send your child to study K1 there?  How's the school environment, I heard that some BK mammies said the school is a bit small, what do you think?  

May I know which other kindergartens you would choose for your child?

24#
發表於 06-8-8 09:40 |只看該作者

Hi Lovelybabies

I remember that your child studied in Sunnyside Kindergarten before, which school (Starters / Sunnyside) is better?

25#
發表於 06-8-8 11:05 |只看該作者

Does Sunnyside only accept those kids who must be toilet trained ??  So, no diaper or training pants can be used & no exceptional case ??  If Starters toilet-trains the kids, it's better than Sunnyside in this aspect.

The school fee for K1 of Starters is 2,750 x 10 installments.  The school fee of Sunnyside is similiar, but how many installments per year ??

26#
發表於 06-8-8 12:26 |只看該作者

Dear Hei hei boy

My son joined the kinder at 2 year and 4 months old and still wearing dippers, they ask us to provide a spare set of cloth and kept in the school for emergency. And I haven’t receive complain on that! Of course he is now toilet trained!

In fact, I think Sunnyside is not an “aggressive type” school, or put it that way it is rather “passive”. There is no homework, no hand book or regular parent’s meeting etc… If you want to know the up-date of your children you must call them to found out!

Having said that I am a rather “passive” Parent too, I don’t know what will happen, If I take an active approach! May be the same or may be not!

Regarding the school fee, No need to pay July and Aug, as the school terms will ended at end of June. But the Easter Holiday is quite long too! (I think it is almost three weeks! if I got it correct!)

27#
發表於 06-8-8 13:42 |只看該作者

Hi Marcus,

I confused that Sunnyside only have K1 and K2 classes, do you need to send your son to another kinder to continue K3 study before entering primary school?

28#
發表於 06-8-8 15:29 |只看該作者

Dear BieBieKei

Most Inter. School (like ESF,RC) will take children at 5 years old, That means if you go for IS, you don't need to take k3!

That's why Sunnyside only have  PG, k1 and k2.

29#
發表於 06-8-9 00:02 |只看該作者

BieBieKie,

My kid is attending the summer class only so I  have limited information about Starters.  It would be unfair for me to compare the two schools.  I can only say that up till now I believe that Starters is a good school.  I heard that most of the children in Starters can go to ESF with good English.  It seems that Starters and Sunnyside are similiar in the sense that the children can learn through play happily and they really learn something.  

For Sunnyside, the children learn reading and writing English, counting, addition, and some simple phonics.
They have monthly newsletter telling you what the children are learning.

Starters is small. It is on the 1st and 2nd floor of a building.  Sunnyside is old but it is a stand alone builidng and it has a church next to it so that the children can have concerts.

Starters has school bus services in HK side only but I live in Kln so my kid will stay in Sunnyside.

30#
發表於 07-4-21 18:57 |只看該作者

我想問下playgroup收幾多歲既小朋友.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題