教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 今年選小一(灣仔)
發新帖
查看: 1550|回覆: 13
go

今年選小一(灣仔) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-7-14 12:03 |只看該作者

今年選小一(灣仔)

本人兒子今年選小一,心儀聖若瑟及華仁,但知好多人爭,第3選為軒小,現想請教灣仔區家長意見,如填表排位,叩門準備,或其它小學好介紹等,多謝各界幫忙!
bobo

2#
發表於 06-7-14 16:14 |只看該作者

Re: 今年選小一(灣仔)

The answer is quite simple.  You should choose St. Joseph Primary School as you are in Net 12.  The reason is that St. Joseph has the greatest number of seats available in comparison with the other two you mentioned.  It has over 300 seats!  As such, you have greater chance of success in choosing this school (of course, the corresponding disadvantage is that your son will have a harder battle to fight in paving his way towards St. Joseph College in the years to come).

Further, according to some parents, their boys with only 15 marks were successful in the first round this year (though my son with the same marks did fail).  Please note that they are boys of the Dragon year.

With the greatest number of seats available, it is also reasonable for you to infer that the 'lock on door' discretionary places are more than the other two schools in the Net.  

In fact, all the three schools you mentioned were my target schools when I decided to move into Net 12.  It was at the last moment, I made up the mind to choose St. Joseph for the reason I stated above, and also with a view to avoiding the competition with the girls a few years later pursuant to the advice of my friends.   Please remember, boys' intellectual development do not ususally measure up with their gril counterparts of the same age when they are at P. 5 and P.6.

3#
發表於 06-7-14 16:57 |只看該作者

LLT,多謝寶貴意見,您兒子現在多少年級,讀書及功課壓力大不大
BOBO

4#
發表於 06-7-14 17:04 |只看該作者

kerobobo 寫道:
LLT,多謝寶貴意見,您兒子現在多少年級,讀書及功課壓力大不大
BOBO

He will be attending P.1 in the coming September.  So, I can't answer the latter part of your question at the moment

5#
發表於 06-7-14 19:10 |只看該作者

My situation is similar to kerobobo, but I have one more question, which is that my son was born in late Nov, 2001, (細仔) , so will you consider that to save the 派位 procedure to next year ?  
St.Jo is also my choice but I'm afraid that my son cannot handle the classwork/homework well if he is luckly enough to get the seat hopefully....

6#
發表於 06-7-14 22:43 |只看該作者

JodiYang 寫道:
My situation is similar to kerobobo, but I have one more question, which is that my son was born in late Nov, 2001, (細仔) , so will you consider that to save the 派位 procedure to next year ?  
St.Jo is also my choice but I'm afraid that my son cannot handle the classwork/homework well if he is luckly enough to get the seat hopefully....

I believe you are the best person to tell if it is desirable for your son to delay admission to primary school for one year.

I can only say that my son is in no better position than yours - he was born in late October 2000!

7#
發表於 06-7-15 09:48 |只看該作者

多謝回應,那麼我今年要填派位表,排位方面您們有什麼意見?
有人話第2位志願也不要選太受歡迎的學校,因多數學位已給第一志願全取了,LLT,您的兒子是在那一輪入到ST.JO呢?等侯時緊張嗎?

8#
發表於 06-7-15 12:19 |只看該作者

kerobobo 寫道:
多謝回應,那麼我今年要填派位表,排位方面您們有什麼意見?
有人話第2位志願也不要選太受歡迎的學校,因多數學位已給第一志願全取了,LLT,您的兒子是在那一輪入到ST.JO呢?等侯時緊張嗎?

I succeeded in the 2nd round Lucky Draw game.

The tactic to be used is that you fill in St. Joseph as your 1st choice in Part A of the Lucky Draw form.  The remainders of your choice in that part should either be filled with St. Joseph again or simply left blank.  In so doing so, you deliberately cause the computer system to void your selection so that you proceed to play with the game in Part B, where your 1st choice should also be St. Joseph. This means you have two chances in the Lucky Draw to get St. Joseph instead of merely one.

In my case, I filled St. Joseph in all the spaces in Part A since if other choices in that part, for examples, Wah Yan, Hennessy Road Government Primary School, or La Salle etc. were filled in, the chance of my getting either of them is virtually zero.  This is because all the seats (available for Part A) in these schools would have already been assigned to applicants who chose them as their 1st choice during the 1st run of the computer (nevertheless, some parents are of the view that there is no harm to fill them in as their other choices in  hope of an unusual error occurs in the computer system that your 2nd or 3rd choice is accidentally allotted to you!).

An additional advantage of choosing one school, and one school only, in Part A is to show your sincerity if, unfortunately, you need to proceed with the 3rd round of the game, i.e., 'knocking on the door'.  This was also what I had in mind when I was to complete the Luck Draw form.

One thing you should always remember:  you MUST NOT fill in your 2nd and/or 3rd choice with the less popular schools in Part A.  If you do that, you will certainly get it but the consequence is your game is over once a school you listed in Part A is allotted to you; you will not be allowed to play the 2nd stage of the Lucky Draw in Part B, where it is confined to applicants of the net in which they reside and so has a better chance of success.

I didn't feel nervous nor worry before or at the time the result was announced because, by that time, I had already made up my mind that I would accept whatever school was allotted to my son.  Accordingly, I only went to obtain the result in the late afternoon as I had determined not to go to the 3rd round of the game in any event.

9#
發表於 06-7-19 13:25 |只看該作者

LLT,
忘了多謝您寶貴意見,see you later!!
kerobobo

10#
發表於 06-7-19 14:06 |只看該作者

咁女校呢? 12 net 的女校難嗎? 有冇寶貴意見可提供呢?
:

11#
發表於 06-7-19 22:14 |只看該作者

I have exactly the same question mark in my mind. It is really difficult to choose among st. joseph, yah yan, st. james and henessey am. Of course, st. joseph has more seats available but it has a lot of homeworks and tests as well. St. james is quite qood but only 60 seats. I have a younger daughter so i need to consider her future as well. I will pick a co-ed school -- st. james or henessey ( but my husband doesn't like the location ).

12#
發表於 06-7-19 22:17 |只看該作者

By the way, many "experts" say it is not a good idea to put all 3 "good" schools into the first 3 places. As u know, good school usually fill up in the first place already. U will just waste the other 2 places.

13#
發表於 06-7-19 22:33 |只看該作者

男仔
case 1
Part A
1. 聖若瑟或華仁
Part B
1. 聖若瑟或華仁
2. 軒小

case 2
Part A
1. 聖若瑟或華仁
Part B
1. 軒小

聖若瑟或華仁只可選一間。

女仔
case 1
Part A
1. Marymount or St Paul
Part B
1. Marymount or St Paul
2. St.Francis

case 2
Part A
1. Marymount or St Paul
Part B
1. St.Francis
2. 軒小 or ..

Choose Marymount or St Paul but not both

是否可行 ?

14#
發表於 06-7-20 09:43 |只看該作者

各位家長:
其實灣仔區都係選聖若瑟,華仁及軒小,st james中文係咩?
係咪幾好ga,而家係煩聖若瑟與華仁2者選1來博,同埋真係入唔到,後補選邊幾間.
我都同意首幾志願不好選超級受歡迎的學校,身通常第一,二志願博唔到,之後都好難,不如睇下有冇其他唔錯的選擇.
kerorobobo
‹ 上一主題|下一主題