提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

2#
發表於 06-7-4 13:57 |只看該作者

Re: 想請問下Starters Schools好吾好﹖

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

3#
發表於 06-7-4 14:32 |只看該作者

I don't know much details. But, since you have asked twice, I'd try to give you some idea.  I heard that Starters School is one of the few kindergartens in Hong Kong Island prefered by ESF.  The English standard is good as teachers are native English speakers.  No Cantonese\Mandarin is taught at school.  They adopt British-based program.  However, the environment is not that appealing.  You could visit the campus to take a look.

4#
發表於 06-7-5 11:16 |只看該作者

my son is attending, he loves it very much, although the campus are old but they provide very good english environment.  They teach phonics twice a week.  My son was in Sunshine House Int'l Pre-School, they have very lovely environment, nice place but english standard are lower than Starters School so i transfer my son since January 2006.
>>>>>????

5#
發表於 06-7-5 16:17 |只看該作者

Blythe_miki

Hi, it's me again. I have submitted the application form to Starters and got a call from the secretary. I apply for the upper-class am session. The secretary invites us for a visit but we are in Shanghai, might not able to visit.

I want to know how do you judge by good english enviroment?  Thanks for sharing.

6#
發表於 06-7-5 23:39 |只看該作者

Hi, all,

Anybody know its website?

Many thanks,

7#
發表於 06-7-6 23:22 |只看該作者

i can see my son's english have improve alot since he transfer to Starters School.
>>>>>????

8#
發表於 06-7-6 23:22 |只看該作者

www.starters.edu.hk
>>>>>????

9#
發表於 06-7-8 04:41 |只看該作者

My kid just finished Upper class at Starters.
Here are my comment :

- Compared with Chinese Kindergarten, my kid learnt a lot knowledge at Starters.
- No need to send the kids to learn art & craft outside the school, as their art & craft are good &
creative !
- The school uses positive ways to encourage the students.
- No homework, but you got a lot of worksheets after each term.
- The teachers are patient & kind.
- The school fee is reasonable.

;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

10#
發表於 06-7-9 01:19 |只看該作者

Dear TIKTIKMA:

Thank you for your sharing.  May I know which primary school is your kid going to?  And how would you compare Starters and Small World?  If taking school bus to Starters, where is the drop-off point?  Because the road right in front of the building seems having heavy traffic flow.

Many thanks,

TIKTIKMA 寫道:
Here are my comment :

- Compared with Chinese Kindergarten, my kid learnt a lot knowledge at Starters.
- No need to send the kids to learn art & craft outside the school, as their art & craft are good &
creative !

11#
發表於 06-7-11 03:43 |只看該作者

99% students are going to ESF.
All students are getting off the school bus in front of the building, it is safe !
;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

12#
發表於 06-7-11 10:55 |只看該作者

TIKTIKMA

What kind of worksheets does the kid bring home?  Art and Craft?  or Writing exercise?

TIKTIKMA 寫道:
Here are my comment :

creative !

13#
發表於 06-7-12 16:45 |只看該作者

I am also planning to put my son in ESF primary in the future. Therefore, I would like to look for a kindergarten that will increase his chance.

By the way, I have enrolled him in Victoria Kindergarten (English/Putonghua) K1 class this coming Sept cos' it is very near to my home. But I am not sure if the environment is "English" enough. He was in Victoria for pre-nursery but I feels the Chinese teacher is more dominant. I hope the K1 class will be more balanced or dominant.  Just wonder which school is better, Starters or Victoria, if the vision is going to ESF?

In consideration of his age, if I enrol him to Starters in next Sept for K2, will that be too late to prepare for ESF?

Really appreciate your thoughts!

Cheers,
Ida   

14#
發表於 06-7-13 09:30 |只看該作者

My son has just joined starters for summer school.   I placed him there becos its school fee could be said reasonable among all international schools.   For other aspects, I could not provide detailed comments as I don't know much yet.  But I heard that 99% of students of starters could be enrolled in ESF.  If that is really the case, and your goal is to have your child to study in ESF, starters may be one of the good choices.

15#
發表於 06-7-13 18:13 |只看該作者

如果讀Int'l KG, 唔知Local 或私立小学收唔收我囡囡呢,因為入唔到ESF小學,其它Int'l小學學費實在太Expensive

唔識中文又係唔係好難入番注流小學呢

‹ 上一主題|下一主題