用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Kiangsu & Chekiang International Kindergarten/Primar ...
發新帖
查看: 2467|回覆: 8
go

Kiangsu & Chekiang International Kindergarten/Primary School [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-7-3 15:18 |只看該作者

Kiangsu & Chekiang International Kindergarten/Primary School

Can anyone share your experience with this school (such as the way of teaching, do the students enjoy their school life? students' English and Chinese standard, etc)?

2#
發表於 06-7-12 15:02 |只看該作者

Re: Kiangsu & Chekiang International Kindergarten/Primary School

Well, I would say that this school is up to standard:

(i) For the hardware, though the campus is quite old, it is spacious with a number of outdoor facilities.  It also has an assembly hall, providing opportunities for students to have performance at stage from time to time.

(2) The teachers, so far for those I have encountered, are nice, caring and open to feedbacks and comments from parents.  My son's teacher responded positively whenever I had questions or feedbacks.   

(3) The programme itself, sorry, I couldn't figure out clearly what my son has learnt actually.  But I would say it's sort of theme-based, e.g. two weeks for dinosaurs, and two weeks for transportation, etc.  It also teaches Mandarin, composing about 25% of the lesson time.  I remember my son has the Mandarin lesson everyday.

(4)  The progress of my son is good, looking backwards, he knew very little English at the beginning, and now he could speak basic English and understand quite a lot as well.  For social skills, he also shows improvement.

(5)  One of the downsides of KCIS may be that it has a short history of its primary and secondary school.  The lack of track record may drive me to consider other schools for primary education.

3#
發表於 06-7-18 11:51 |只看該作者

If apply after announcement of 2nd round central allocation, any chance of getting in?

4#
發表於 06-7-18 14:22 |只看該作者

BoBoCute,

My son will go to KCIS P1 this coming September. As for the chance of getting in, it depends on the availability of school places and performance during interview.  Since KCIS follows the British curriculum, P1 is equivalent to K3.  So if you apply after the central allocation, you should try P2 instead of P1.

5#
發表於 06-7-18 17:35 |只看該作者

My son will take K1 (int) this year, I will like to ask your son is on which grade?  How's the Chinese standard?  Any chinese writing for them?  Can he able to speak fluent Mandarin too?  How's your plan will go directly to P1 (int'l) at the same school?  Do you know the standard of Primary school (Int'l) is the same as local or as the Int'l style ? :

6#
發表於 06-7-18 23:58 |只看該作者

I took a visit at several int'l schools few months ago and KCIS was one of them.  The campus is quite old but spacious. They have daily Mandarin lessons and teaching medium is largely in English.  There has many Mandarin speaking teachers and students from the local section.  I guess it is not difficult for kids to learn Mandarin in a Mandarin environment. The staff told me that int'l  students start writing some chinese words from Reception, but the progress on chinese writing(traditional character) will be slower than those studying in the local section.  Students' are polite and their English are fluent.  That was what I discovered.  I think you could also ask the teacher directly when the class commences.

7#
發表於 06-7-19 10:18 |只看該作者

Don't expect that the Mandarin level will be high, given the majority of time students speak in Mandarin.  My son in K1 had already learnt to write simple words, like 人, 刀...which I was quite surprised to have such teaching.  My view is that for K1 students, there's no need for them to write.   In general, you will find your kids to be more fluent in English than in Mandarin.

8#
發表於 06-7-20 12:05 |只看該作者

Thanks hurrah.
Does KCIS teach simplified Chinese or not?
NinaW mentioned traditional chinese.  Is it = simplified chinese?

9#
發表於 06-7-20 13:48 |只看該作者

BoBoCute,

KCIS teaches traditional chinese, not simplified.  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題