但佢地有D擔心因為怕個女辛苦。
我想問吓各位St. Paul's Co-ed 既家長,
該校學習氣氛如何?老師又如何?
小女孩性格活潑主動,專注力ok,
音樂方面悟性高,但有點「大頭蝦」。

2#
發表於 06-6-21 12:23 |只看該作者

Re: 有沒有St. Paul's Co-ed 的家長?

may I know which campus is it, Kennedy Road or MacDonnell Road? Thanks a lot...

3#
發表於 06-6-21 12:45 |只看該作者

比我會選擇st.stephan'girls,因為我對st.paul co-ed印象唔好.
上年我女女都有考st.paul co-ed(麥當奴道),在第一次女女單獨面試時題目竟環繞家裡環境,例如問我女女屋企大唔大,有幾多間房等等.但第2次見家長時就無咁問,最後雖然都有收了我女女,但我和老公決定唔讀,擔心個女入到去唔係讀書係鬥身家.況且我朋友話st.paul co-ed大部份學生家長都係醫生和律師,佢地自己已有一個圈子,我朋友老公都係做律師,佢話老公身邊的朋友個個仔女都讀st paul co-ed,所以佢2個仔女都讀st paul co-ed.

4#
發表於 06-6-21 13:51 |只看該作者

Hi,

My girl is student of SPCC-MRPS and our impression of the school is

- P1 work very easy
- children very happy, active and self-motivated in study
- there are different groups of parents and students (wealthy, professional, middle-class housewives), but they get along well
- parents I met are polite and not snobbish.

I will choose SPCC to St. Stephen because there is a blend new campus to look forward to - 4 times the size of the current campus of MRPS plus KRPS.  

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

5#
發表於 06-6-21 14:31 |只看該作者

我唔係家長, 我老闆係(堅小), 我又八下
我老闆都話, 麥小係比較八股d, 所以多d書香世代, 所以flower99既case.......anyway, 而家麥小校長都爭輸左lu(我老闆exactly係講"都爭輸左仲唔走咩!") 希望將來spcc會比較朝住堅小既開放方向
我自己無考麥小, 我考堅小(衰左), 不過途中(info session, 開放日, 交表, interview) 我遇見既spcc staff, 真係好nice好有禮貌, 學我老闆話齋, 一年n咁多人想去考spcc, 其中90%都只不過係路人甲乙丙, 不過d staff都一定係禮禮貌貌咁去答問題, 唔會好似有d名校既staff咁, 對眼望住個天! 我就十分欣賞, 我相信對孩子亦係一個好既教育
spcc好重視品德, 老闆話過, 有個小朋友(小三), 真係好gifted, 讀書又叻活動又叻, 不過把口唔收--識講粗口, 校長真係好認真見晒家長, 話個學生幾叻都好, 再俾佢聽到一句粗口就趕佢出校!
雖然spcc講明係讀深一年, 不過佢地唔算死谷...至少小一到而家, 係無"中文背默"呢樣野, 起碼睇到, 原來一間老牌名校, 都唔係咁食古不化姐......
$4800一個月, 都幾貴呀....不過有新campus, 睇下條數計唔計得過啦....

6#
發表於 06-6-21 14:43 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

7#
發表於 06-6-21 15:55 |只看該作者

Dear 麟媽媽,
Between the 2 schools, I will choose SPCC without any hesitation. SPCC is a through-train DSS and seats are guaranteed up to Secondary 5 from P1.
Quality education is guaranteed. If money is not their concern, your 叔仔兩公婆 will need to choose their preference between single-sex or co-ed education. Personally, I prefer co-ed environment over single-sex environment. The hardware facilities at SPCC will be more favourable upon its re-location of the school's campus.  Morale is highly emphasized in both schools. New parents of SPCC should not carry a mis-conception that they would be isolated because their backgrounds are different.  
On the other hand, it is interesting to find out since when and why outsiders have had this misconception about the school?
deniset

8#
發表於 06-6-21 16:04 |只看該作者

9#
發表於 06-6-21 16:16 |只看該作者

麟媽媽:
參觀過幾間小學, St. Paul's Co-ed 的學生令我印象最深刻 (尤其係麥當勞道 ).
照計, St. Paul's Co-ed 屬貴族學校, 但學生卻不驕縱, 感覺 Smart 且謙遜有禮.
恭喜你姪女.

10#
發表於 06-6-21 16:20 |只看該作者

ha8mo 寫道:
I don't think people are afraid of being isolated. They are afraid that children will compare each other's material life.

我朋友個同事是名人之後, 我朋友問佢點樣平衡佢個仔同一d更rich 的 family 有比較的心態, 佢話用好多聖經d道理同個仔講, 等佢明白每人都不是一樣的.  我覺得呢位SPCC家長教仔好好呵!

11#
發表於 06-6-21 16:40 |只看該作者

Oh, I see. Then this situation happens everywhere despite of the schools they attend. Children like to compare but it is also the parents' responsibility to teach their kids about the values of life, respect for others, materialism, etc. etc.  The society in general has been upgraded so much since our time.

Yes, I agree with Hui Tung. Religion plays an important role in these teachings as well as disciplinary education.

12#
發表於 06-6-21 16:49 |只看該作者

Although I don't plan to apply St. Paul's Co-ed  for my daughter, but I shall surely pick St. Paul's Co-ed instead of St. Stephen's girls' if there is only one daughter in that family.
If there are 2 daughters, then I will pick St. Stephen's girls' so that they can study in same school.

醒目開學勳章

13#
發表於 06-6-21 17:01 |只看該作者

麟媽媽,

If I were your relative, I would pick SPCC with no doubt and fear.

I went to SPCC's open day last year and found the students there were really smart, polite and humble. I was amazed how the school can teach student with such good characters!!

Don't miss the chance!  

王國長老

14#
發表於 06-6-21 17:17 |只看該作者

多謝各位既回覆。
姪女是家中獨女,無弟妹升學問題。
小妹豬確實是天真有禮,應好好栽培,
睇到各位既意見,SPCC 應該適合佢。
不過,都要睇吓佢父母點諗,錢應不是考慮。

15#
發表於 06-6-21 17:46 |只看該作者

我亦見過幾個乖學生係spcc,的確smart & 有禮,唔計錢既話,spcc啦梗係
TWMa 寫道:
麟媽媽:
參觀過幾間小學, St. Paul's Co-ed 的學生令我印象最深刻 (尤其係麥當勞道 ).
照計, St. Paul's Co-ed 屬貴族學校, 但學生卻不驕縱, 感覺 Smart 且謙遜有禮.
恭喜你姪女.

16#
發表於 06-6-21 17:51 |只看該作者

17#
發表於 06-6-21 18:05 |只看該作者

ha8mo 寫道:
I don't think people are afraid of being isolated. They are afraid that children will compare each other's material life.

Not many students hold birthday parties in my girl's class.  Not more than 3 occasions in the year are they allowed not to wear uniforms (uniforms are required even for Chritmas gatherings and interest class on Saturday).  Modesty is emphasized in school and teachers appreciate capable and hard working students, not their extravagant birthday or Mercedes Benze.  

I also think it is good for a child to learn getting on with kids in different walks of life, richer or poorer than you, and learn to respect them for their achievement, thier virtures, and simply because everyone of us is a part of God's intircate plan.  It's a school practising faith - and that is how I see SPCC being different from other famous schools.

王國長老

18#
發表於 06-6-21 18:12 |只看該作者

都唔一定既,好睇父母係咩人。
我識一個細蚊仔,老豆不可一世的暴發戶,
呢個細路第一句便問人揸咩車!真要命!
另一個係名人之後,呢個仔謙恭有禮,
佢媽媽貴為名太亦平易近人,
呢D 咪身教囉,父母影響都好大架!

ha8mo 寫道:
My wife's nephew was bullied to such an extreme that some of her classmates paid her best friend $100 for stopping playing with her.

Her school is certainly not among the noble schools. But such a thing happens.

"Children like to compare"

19#
發表於 06-6-21 18:54 |只看該作者

我個小朋友都係in SPCC(麥當奴道),但校長就完全冇問過這類問題! 佢只問過我個小朋友鍾意去邊到玩,我個小朋友都係話鍾意去海洋公園...   到 second in,問家長的問題都係圍繞教育的問題... 我又唔覺的學生鬥身家,反而幾次去學校交表,open day, interviews, 都見到的小朋友好有禮貌,好有笑容,有的仲同我躹埋躬!

flower99 寫道:
比我會選擇st.stephan'girls,因為我對st.paul co-ed印象唔好.
上年我女女都有考st.paul co-ed(麥當奴道),在第一次女女單獨面試時題目竟環繞家裡環境,例如問我女女屋企大唔大,有幾多間房等等.但第2次見家長時就無咁問,最後雖然都有收了我女女,但我和老公決定唔讀,擔心個女入到去唔係讀書係鬥身家.況且我朋友話st.paul co-ed大部份學生家長都係醫生和律師,佢地自己已有一個圈子,我朋友老公都係做律師,佢話老公身邊的朋友個個仔女都讀st paul co-ed,所以佢2個仔女都讀st paul co-ed.

20#
發表於 06-6-21 21:23 |只看該作者

麟媽媽明年的新校長(堅小)都曾任教ssgs十數年係副校,理念同ssgs差別不大!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題