發新帖
查看: 1475|回覆: 10
go

Traditional primary change to International school [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-6-10 00:30 |只看該作者

Traditional primary change to International school

[size=medium]

Hi, my daughter will start to study at Renaissance college year 3, i just worry if she can enjoy or not, is there any body can give me idea in advance, so that, i can encourge my daughter to enjoy her study, thank you !
;-)

2#
發表於 06-6-10 12:00 |只看該作者

Re: Traditional primary change to International school

which traditional primary did she go to before?

3#
發表於 06-6-10 18:37 |只看該作者

she will go to Renaissance Collage from Ma On Shan, thank you ! [quote]
cocobean225 寫道:
;-)

4#
發表於 06-6-10 23:36 |只看該作者

i mean which school is she from?

5#
發表於 06-6-11 00:40 |只看該作者

kowloon tong government school.
;-)

6#
發表於 06-6-11 11:24 |只看該作者

ROHIT,

Renaissance College students are mostly HK Chinese, so I think your kid will feel easy to adapt to the new school as culture shock is not too much.  Homework will be much less, but need to improve her reading ability.  Kids can adapt very fast, can catch up in 3 to 6 months.  If she can make some friends, she will enjoy the school life very much.  So don't worry.

7#
發表於 06-6-11 18:30 |只看該作者

WYmom,

According to what I've read on Renaissance College website, they emphasize on the Chinese level of their students, does that mean amongst all international schools, if we're just talking about Chinese level, Renaissance College will have the highest Chinese level?

How does Renaissance compared to other ESF on English and Chinese standards?

sorry if I'm a little side-tracked here.

8#
發表於 06-6-11 20:04 |只看該作者

cocobean225 寫道:
WYmom,

According to what I've read on Renaissance College website, they emphasize on the Chinese level of their students, does that mean amongst all international schools, if we're just talking about Chinese level, Renaissance College will have the highest Chinese level?

How does Renaissance compared to other ESF on English and Chinese standards?

sorry if I'm a little side-tracked here.

cocobean225,

As I understand, Renaissance has 20% class in Chinese and they teach standard Chinese. They have Chinese class everyday.  So their Chinese standard is relatively higher than other IS such as ESF, CAIS or ICS.  But maybe Yew Chung has even higher standard as YC has about 50%(or less?) in Chinese (not too sure about the exact %).

Usually there is a trade off in time, so more time in Chinese means less time in English.  English standard in ESF seems to be higher than RC as ESF school use English as first language, while RC is an ESL school, English as a second language.  That's just my understanding so far.  Not sure about its standard in future.

9#
發表於 06-6-11 22:01 |只看該作者

WYmom,

Great ! Thank you so much for your idea.  
;-)

10#
發表於 06-6-12 00:39 |只看該作者

Hi, WYmom

好似好少人識CAIS呢間學校,請問你覺得呢間學校如何呢?

我有兩個小寶寶,哥哥6歲幾,細佬10個月大o勒 !

11#
發表於 06-6-12 08:03 |只看該作者

skytower52 寫道:
Hi, WYmom

好似好少人識CAIS呢間學校,請問你覺得呢間學校如何呢?

I am not very familiar with CAIS, have visited their primary school once, only know that they are Christian Canadian school, some students are Chinese coming back from US and Canada.  Primary students appear to be quite OK.  Not sure about their secondary school.  You can ask the school for a tour if you are interested.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖