搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 讀傳統嘅幼稚園有無機會入到EFS 小學? ...
樓主: cat_house
go

讀傳統嘅幼稚園有無機會入到EFS 小學? [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 06-6-29 12:06 |只看該作者

Fact clarification -2

What the insider's comment on ESF Tsing Yi was not true.

I attended a talk by the ESF TY's Principal at SJS last year and a ppt showed that for students born in 1999, 87/89 ESF TY applicants were admitted to ESF primary.

My girl was born in 2000. All of her ESF TY classmates whom I know personally (>10) were admitted to ESF Primary.

[quote]
Newton 寫道:
Go to: http://manila.asiaxpat.com/forums/momsdads/threads/58205.asp
to see what insider said...
In particular:

"I also have a close connection to the ESF International Kindergarten in Tsing Yi, and at last count almost 30 children from that kindergarten alone had been denied a place at ESF primary schools. There are also two other ESF kindergartens in Sheung Wan and Clearwater Bay, and I imagine many of those students are not being accepted either!"

62#
發表於 06-6-30 19:43 |只看該作者

Re: Fact clarification -2

That may really be the fact for 1999.

For 2000, the situation was horrible.  My son was one of the Chin. from ESF Abacus in 2000.  The Chin. kids were not offered interview in CWBS at first, same as for the Chin. from ESF Tsingyi who applied other ESF Primary.  The parents from both KG complained & we had a meeting with the ESF Management.  Then the kids were given an interview.  Many of them failed in the 1st time.  Then the kids who failed in the 1st time tried the 2nd, 3rd, then the majority got in.

My son only went the 1st int., then he refused to go again.  I guess he was scared by the poor attitude of the western lady of the Admininstration.  At the same time, we also applied Phoenix Int'l of ESF.  My son & I were both happy with the int.  My son liked Phoenix & I was happy with all the arrangements on that day.  I was impressed by every staff in the school even if the school is rather old.  Then my son got in the school.  He has been very happy in his Y1 & we are looking forward to moving to Renaissance in Aug!

Saturn.        

JennyBaBa 寫道:
What the insider's comment on ESF Tsing Yi was not true.

I attended a talk by the ESF TY's Principal at SJS last year and a ppt showed that for students born in 1999, 87/89 ESF TY applicants were admitted to ESF primary.

My girl was born in 2000. All of her ESF TY classmates whom I know personally (>10) were admitted to ESF Primary.

[quote]
Newton 寫道:
Go to: http://manila.asiaxpat.com/forums/momsdads/threads/58205.asp
to see what insider said...
In particular:

"I also have a close connection to the ESF International Kindergarten in Tsing Yi, and at last count almost 30 children from that kindergarten alone had been denied a place at ESF primary schools. There are also two other ESF kindergartens in Sheung Wan and Clearwater Bay, and I imagine many of those students are not being accepted either!"

63#
發表於 06-7-4 17:01 |只看該作者

Re: 讀傳統

Cari,

Sorry I didn't make myself clear enough...  The 5 students were only some of those I met on the orientation day.  The other chinese students I didn't talk to may come from International kindergartens.  I am not really sure about the proportion... I had 2 friends studying in Sheung Wan ESF kindergarten and were accepted by ESF primary this year too.  I think most of them can get a place.

The kids don't need to do any preparation for ESF interview if they can communicate well in English.  My girl studied in Victoria Kindergarten (international section) from 2 year old and transferred to a traditional kindergarten, Kiangsu, with Putonghua teaching in most subjects, in January 2006.  She got academic awards, being one of the top 10s and top 5s in Victoria and Kiangsu respectively.   After the ESF interview, the principle told me that she's doing great and we should be proud of her.   I don't think she's the kind of very outstanding kids, but really glad that she can handle both languages, English and Putonghua well.  We communicate both in English and Cantonese at home...

Cheers
Cilla

64#
發表於 06-7-5 11:28 |只看該作者

Cilla,

Wow, your girl can speak in English, Putonghua and Cantonese, and got top 10 and top 5 in 2 schools.  Why you still said that she is not the kind of very outsatnding kids.  I think she is very smart.  You should be very proud of her.  We speak Cantonese at home, and some English and only English at school.  No Putonghua.  So I guessed Victoria has provided your child a very good foundation in English.

65#
發表於 06-7-12 17:07 |只看該作者

I have also enrolled my son for K1 this Sept in Victoria. He will be in English/Putunhua stream.  I also plan to put him in ESF for primary education as my husband doesn't speak Cantonese and he wants him to go to international school. Since my son is staying in my relative home (chinese speaking) during daytime, and he appears to speak Chinese more fluently than English.  Therefore, I wonder if Victoria will offer sufficient english environment for him to pass ESF admission.  

In fact, my son was with Victoria since pre-nursery (harbour heigths) and will transfer to causeway bay. I feel his time in pre-nursery is more dominant by Chinese. I hope the situation will be more balanced or dominant in English when he goes to the new campus.  I am also starting to consider if I should change him to another international kindergarten (like Starters as this is more affordable to us), but will be in K2 since I think he is too small for transportation now. The advantage of Victoria now is very close to our home.

Appreciate your thoughts and advice. Thanks!  

Cheers,
ida

66#
發表於 06-7-13 10:28 |只看該作者

hello HSI,

居然響度見到妳喎
妳一定知我係邊位啦

67#
發表於 06-7-20 14:13 |只看該作者

After reading all the sharings, I really gained a lot. I wonder if any one heard about woodland montessori pre-school? My elder daughter is going to study in woodland and we are planning to send her to ESF for primary, will it be better if I switch to ESF kinder when she is 3 or just apply ESF primary directly when she is 6? which way will be easier for her to enter ESF Y1?

Also we want to know the school fee for ESF primary and also secondary, bcoz we have a younger daughter we need to calculate see whether we can afford to send both of them to int'l school or not, or we are just able to send them to local school. Many thx.~

68#
發表於 06-7-28 00:04 |只看該作者

My son studied in Woodland Happy Valley 2 years ago, the principal told me that they got 100% admission to ESF Primary School.  
But my son changed to Tsing Yi ESF Kinder because we moved to Yuen Long.
:-D

69#
發表於 06-7-28 13:35 |只看該作者

nerine56 寫道:
My son studied in Woodland Happy Valley 2 years ago, the principal told me that they got 100% admission to ESF Primary School.  
But my son changed to Tsing Yi ESF Kinder because we moved to Yuen Long.

nerine56,
Really?!
But will it be the percentage for Woodland Happy Valley only? Also may I ask what is your son's nationality? Sorry for asking you this question but I am worry about the 100% is for foreign children not Chinese.

70#
發表於 06-8-1 01:08 |只看該作者

Hi, my son is 100% chinese.  He stayed in english school since 15 months.  Woodland Happy Valley has a rather high percentage of foreigners, but of course there are chinese.  The principal is a very nice woman and she can arrange a school visit for you.  She also told me that the children in Woodland do not need to attend the ESF interview at ESF schools but the ESF staff will come to the school to talk to the children as an interview.  
I also talked to the Woodland in Chi Fu Fa Yuen in Pokfulam and they can also arrange school visit.   

71#
發表於 06-8-1 13:56 |只看該作者

nerine56,
I am glad to hear that!
Actually this is what persecute me for long time. Really many thanks for your sharing. My daughter will go to playgroup in Woodland Caine Road starting from tomorrow. Hope she will be happy with her teacher and friends. I think I will send the application for my younger daughter too. Once her age is 12 months, she may get an offer in the wriggler course.

72#
發表於 06-8-1 23:09 |只看該作者

nerine56 寫道:
Hi, my son is 100% chinese.  He stayed in english school since 15 months.  Woodland Happy Valley has a rather high percentage of foreigners, but of course there are chinese.  The principal is a very nice woman and she can arrange a school visit for you.  She also told me that the children in Woodland do not need to attend the ESF interview at ESF schools but the ESF staff will come to the school to talk to the children as an interview.  
I also talked to the Woodland in Chi Fu Fa Yuen in Pokfulam and they can also arrange school visit.   

No need to attend the ESF interview at ESF schools but the ESF staff will come to the school to talk to the children as an interview?
Well, I know all kids from ESF kinder needs to attend an interview at ESF primary before they are admitted.

73#
發表於 06-8-2 01:34 |只看該作者

Anyway Babyoush's daughter will attend the school tomorrow, if got something new or updated, could Babyoush please follow up and share with us here.

74#
發表於 06-8-2 13:34 |只看該作者

Dear Moms,

In the past one or two ESF primary schools have special arragnement to some private kindergardens. I hearsay that someboby have reported the situation to the ICAC. The ESF has adopted the recommendation from  ICAC and adopted the central admission policy.

Since 2005, all primary ESF schools cannot handle the P.1 application. The P1 applicants should post or hand their applications to the central office. The central office will select and notify qualified applicatants to attend an interview in one of the ESF schools in their living zone.

It's a more fair and open admission procedures.

bbtung   

75#
發表於 06-8-3 09:25 |只看該作者

As far as I know, school visits live on today. IMHO, school visits per se don't constitute a case which deserves ICAC's intervention.

I have a question to ask regarding ESF's centralized admission arrangement. I heard two versions of the operation of the centralized admission policy. No doubt they gather all apps at one place to avoid duplicated apps from the same applicant. But in one version they proceed to centrally shortlist the applicants for interview for the ESF schools, whereas in the other, upon filtering out the duplicated apps, they merely forward the apps to individual ESF schools for the shortlisting and arranging of interviews. Can anybody here share some insights as to which version is correct?

76#
發表於 06-8-3 11:50 |只看該作者

Hi all,
Some points could share with you as my son congrulated from ESF Kinderg this year.  ESF Primary started Centralisation office this year, the school will interview the kids according to the forms the central office passed to them.  It should be allocated based on your living zone. However, as far as I know, If your kid from other kinderg, the application will only be processed after the ESF King kids interviewed.
Hope this could help.

77#
發表於 06-8-5 18:33 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

78#
發表於 06-8-10 17:37 |只看該作者

I understand that the central office will not only shortlist the applicatants but also allocate an application no. for interview accordingly to their central admission priority criteria. ESF central office wants to eliminate the effect of individual school to the P.1 admission.

79#
發表於 07-4-9 10:54 |只看該作者

nerine56,

Do you know which ESF Primary School come to Woodland Happy Valley to talk to the children?  Is it QBS or Bradbury?

nerine56 寫道:

80#
發表於 07-4-15 23:56 |只看該作者

S_Trader,

please check pm...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題