用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 Someone told me, second choice can get 喇沙 ?
樓主: WIN2007
go

Someone told me, second choice can get 喇沙 ? [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 06-6-13 13:42 |只看該作者

Re: Someone told me, second choice can get 喇沙 ?

I think it is possible to get into LSC by second choice.

As far as I understand, the seat allocation system is as follows:-

1. Each student of the same district is alloted a random no. (this is the luck part). The one with a smaller no. will be assigned higher priority to choose school. For example, there are 100 candidates in Net 41. So, each candidate is assigned a unique random no. of 1 to 100. The candidate with no. 1 will choose before no.2 who will choose before no. 3 and so on. The priorities are set in that order.

2.  Consider each school has a quota for seat allocation. Take an example, DPS has 20 seats and LSC has 30 seats.

3.  Definitely, the lucky boy should have got a certain small lucky no. As long the other lucky boys or candidates before him do not occupy all LSC seats, he can still able to get a seat at LSC by setting LSC as his 2nd choice. In fact, not all lucky boys before him will not choose LSC. Some may choose DPS.

4. Consider the lucky boy is alloted a random no. of 21. His first choice is DPS and second choice is LSC. If all the other lucky boys before him chose DPS as their first choice, when it comes to the turn for the the boy,  he cannot get into DPS. However, at that time, he still can get a seat in LSC!!

Any flaws in the above understanding? Let's discuss.

Gordon_No_4

62#
發表於 06-6-13 13:56 |只看該作者

I agree with your first 2 points but reservation with the allocation procedure as checked with the EMB.

There are 1-100 children with the lucky number 1-100.

The computer will read all first choice of all children according to their lucky number. If the demand for LS is more than places available, no one can have a chance in the 2nd choice!

The critical part is that you will only be 'served' once in each time (choice) of allocation, that is when your 1st choice is not available, you have to wait for the next round (next choice) but not immediately read your next choice and allocate a place to you. It also matches with what the primary principals said 'don't put the popular school in the 2nd and 3rd choice which may waste your quota.

Gordon_No_4 寫道:
I think it is possible to get into LSC by second choice.

As far as I understand, the seat allocation system is as follows:-

1. Each student of the same district is alloted a random no. (this is the luck part). The one with a smaller no. will be assigned higher priority to choose school. For example, there are 100 candidates in Net 41. So, each candidate is assigned a unique random no. of 1 to 100. The candidate with no. 1 will choose before no.2 who will choose before no. 3 and so on. The priorities are set in that order.

2.  Consider each school has a quota for seat allocation. Take an example, DPS has 20 seats and LSC has 30 seats.

3.  Definitely, the lucky boy should have got a certain small lucky no. As long the other lucky boys or candidates before him do not occupy all LSC seats, he can still able to get a seat at LSC by setting LSC as his 2nd choice. In fact, not all lucky boys before him will not choose LSC. Some may choose DPS.

Any flaws in the above understanding? Let's discuss.

63#
發表於 06-6-13 13:56 |只看該作者

I put LS in Part A and Part B.

64#
發表於 06-6-13 14:29 |只看該作者

MiaoMommy,
Your explanation is more reasonable.  I don't believe a 2nd choice of LS could take a seat at LS.  How come?? Very suspicious.  Quiet frankly, I'm not jealous of the luck boy who took the seat.  But it's very unbelievable.

65#
發表於 06-6-13 18:58 |只看該作者

Yes, I think that is true for the explanation of MiaoMommy.

66#
發表於 06-6-13 19:21 |只看該作者

Win2007

Will you call EMB to tell them the bug in the computer if your friend's case is true (you have more details in hand). I don't think EMB will take away your friend's seat in LS as it is only EMB's fault, benefit should be given to the child (he is innocent and the God really takes care of him). But if nobody points out this bug, we all the other parents will not feel easy in the game!

(But I really understand you may have reservation in doing that, just to share my view!)
WIN2007 寫道:
Yes, I think that is true for the explanation of MiaoMommy.

67#
發表於 06-6-14 00:41 |只看該作者

Dear MiaoMommy,

So, have you reported to/checked with EMB re the strange case happened just now?  According to the mechanism adopted and communicated by EMB, it is impossible. Given the solid case revealed in front of everybody, it is a bug of the allocation system.

I agree that the lucky boy is innocent. He should not be ripped off the LSC seat. However, such loopholes, which represent unjust and unfairness, do really exist. They should be filled and rectified.

MiaoMommy 寫道:
I agree with your first 2 points but reservation with the allocation procedure as checked with the EMB.

There are 1-100 children with the lucky number 1-100.

The computer will read all first choice of all children according to their lucky number. If the demand for LS is more than places available, no one can have a chance in the 2nd choice!

The critical part is that you will only be 'served' once in each time (choice) of allocation, that is when your 1st choice is not available, you have to wait for the next round (next choice) but not immediately read your next choice and allocate a place to you. It also matches with what the primary principals said 'don't put the popular school in the 2nd and 3rd choice which may waste your quota.
Gordon_No_4

68#
發表於 06-6-14 08:58 |只看該作者

Dear Gordon_No_4 and WIN2007

I have checked with EMB on my understanding on the allocation mechanism and was confrimed.

I also mentioned the case that we discussed but she said it is not possible. She said '我唔知隔離個師奶點講(後稱人

69#
發表於 06-6-14 16:09 |只看該作者

If somebody not understand the mechanism, please
Click Here
to watch the 《統一派位模擬簡例》from EMB.

This case seems to violate the mechanism.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題