用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RC will teach simplify chinese Charactor instead of ...
發新帖
查看: 2063|回覆: 12
go

RC will teach simplify chinese Charactor instead of trandition chinese for [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-5-22 12:11 |只看該作者

RC will teach simplify chinese Charactor instead of trandition chinese for year

I attended RC Information day on last Sat at KG V and heard that they will teach simplify chinese charactor instead of tranditional chinese for year 1 student.  I bit worried how to teach my son at home.  Because I don't know how to write/read most of simplify Chinese charactor.  Is anyone know the news and give me some advise?   :cry:

2#
發表於 06-5-22 13:58 |只看該作者

Re: RC will teach simplify chinese Charactor instead of trandition chinese for y

3#
發表於 06-5-22 14:55 |只看該作者

Re: RC will teach simplify chinese Charactor instead of trandition chinese for y

Really?  If then, what's the difference between RC and ESF SJS?  The 2 schools seems to be very similar gradually as both teach simiplied Chinese, use PYP... but RC is more expensive!

4#
發表於 06-5-22 18:57 |只看該作者

I'm surprised and I don't welcome this idea honestly. My son has been learning TC in the past 3 years and this is one of the reasons I chose Phoenix over the other IS (though not the biggest reason).

But to answer WYmom's question, RC is different from SJS that its proportion of Chinese is much higher than that of SJS. Also, I guess RC will be acquiring PYP earlier than SJS ?

Ruby

5#
發表於 06-5-22 19:14 |只看該作者

Ruby1219,

As told by CherylMum, SJS is already implementing PYP, and Shatin College is the first ESF school which has IB Diploma and has results for a few years.  SJS has also added more mandarin lessons per week.

I think RC is a good school, yet don't know why it switch to teach simplied Chinese instead of traditional, is it because of the Federal decision?

So going forward how does RC differentiate herself from SJS ?  Or maybe both RC and SJS just work together to take in all kids of the long waiting list!

6#
發表於 06-5-22 21:51 |只看該作者

[ 本帖最後由 CherylMum 於 09-11-17 16:30 編輯 ]

7#
發表於 06-5-23 08:59 |只看該作者

I know that the decision about characters has not been made. Mr. Kenny only suggested that if simplified were introduced then they would start at year 1. In this way all students would be catered to and not be disadvantaged. In truth we should want our children to be competent in both for future studies and opportunities.

8#
發表於 06-5-23 09:39 |只看該作者

My son will start year 1 this coming Aug.  Therefore, I bit concern whether they will only teach simplify chinese Charactor or not for year 1 student.  If they can teach both charactors, I quite happy to accept it.  If not, I need to prepare myself and teach both charactors to my son.       

9#
發表於 06-5-23 17:47 |只看該作者

Would teaching both TC and SC at the same time seem too aggressive ?

Ruby
HongHei 寫道:
My son will start year 1 this coming Aug.  Therefore, I bit concern whether they will only teach simplify chinese Charactor or not for year 1 student.  If they can teach both charactors, I quite happy to accept it.  If not, I need to prepare myself and teach both charactors to my son.       

10#
發表於 06-5-24 09:18 |只看該作者

I also attended the information day but the message conveyed there was not clear.  I called RC yesterday and they said the issue was still under discussion.  I hope they will stick to Traditional Chinese characters because it is one of the reasons I send my son to the school this Aug.  I personally prefer Traditional Chinese characters (TC) to Simplified Chinese characters (SC) because our children get in touch with TC in their surroundings.  Moreover, it is not difficult to read SC if we know TC .  Although we may not be able to write SC correctly, it doesn't matter because the TC-->SC translator in Word helps.

11#
發表於 06-5-24 11:51 |只看該作者

Brent,

Yes, I totally agree with you. This is also one of the reasons why I put my son in Phoenix.

Please update here if anyone gets further information/confirmation.

Ruby

12#
發表於 06-5-28 11:45 |只看該作者

PYP stands for ?

13#
發表於 06-5-28 13:16 |只看該作者

Vrindavan 寫道:
PYP stands for ?

Primary Year Program
‹ 上一主題|下一主題