教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF Primary Schools
發新帖
查看: 2284|回覆: 11
go

ESF Primary Schools [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-5-20 15:24 |只看該作者

ESF Primary Schools

Any comments on any of the ESF Primary Schools ?  We don't know which one is good for our son (bascially we don't know the difference between them), any comments to any of the ESF primary schools ?

Any parents from Renaissance can share if you think this is a good school ?  This school is very new, we are not sure if this is good (The defination of good is whether you as a parent like the school or you have negetive comments about it).

Your sharing is much appreciated.  Thanks

2#
發表於 06-5-21 07:43 |只看該作者

Re: ESF Primary Schools

You can apply only one of the ESF schools based on your catchment area.  As far as I know, the standard of ESF schools are more or less the same.

There are a lot of discussions on Renaissance previously.  Maybe you can do a search.

3#
發表於 06-5-22 07:39 |只看該作者

thanks for sharing.

4#
發表於 06-5-23 09:46 |只看該作者

想問一下如果入了ESF讀P1,但到個小朋友個年齡有5.8個月,想問下小朋友是否還可以參加政府的小學大抽獎呢?有沒有家長有經驗可以分享一下?Thanks

5#
發表於 06-5-23 09:56 |只看該作者

I believe the answer is No.  A child must not be attending any primary school to be eligible for POA.  A reasonable interpretation of "Any primary school" should include an ESF primary school.  But please correct me if I am wrong.  Take a look at this :-
[/quote]http://www.emb.gov.hk/FileManager/EN/Content_1511/choice-exercise%20engweb%20final.pdf

[quote]
tweetybird 寫道:
想問一下如果入了ESF讀P1,但到個小朋友個年齡有5.8個月,想問下小朋友是否還可以參加政府的小學大抽獎呢?有沒有家長有經驗可以分享一下?Thanks

6#
發表於 06-5-24 19:35 |只看該作者

hi ESF moms,

Does anyone know if most of the ESF kindergarten graduates can be admitted into ESF primary school?

I just received ESF kinder app form, and it says no priority is given to ESF kinder grads to enter ESF Primary!!   

also, is it true that if the kid attended bi-lingual international kinder, the kid will have much lower chance to get into ESF primary?

thanks.

7#
發表於 06-5-24 20:45 |只看該作者

ESF's junior schools are not counted as primary school.  While my son was studying in SJS, he joined the lucky draw 2005 and was allocated a place in a low level school.  This again proved that we cannot and should not depend on EMB or luck.  

As we all know that the policies of EMB change all the time, you need to ask the EMB directly and ask again and again.  Because, the policies may have changed after your inquiry or the staff, who answers your question, may get confused sometimes.

Regards.

8#
發表於 06-5-25 10:27 |只看該作者

alexlui,
Thanks a lot for your information.  Obviously, EMB is not reliable at all.  

9#
發表於 06-5-25 11:36 |只看該作者

ALEXLUI

我想請問如果小朋友就讀緊SJS,而那個大抽獎學校會唔會提你,還是要自己按時候去取表格申請的呢?

Thanks.

10#
發表於 06-5-25 18:03 |只看該作者

Of course, you need to check by yourself.

11#
發表於 06-5-27 06:13 |只看該作者

Yes, you need to get the application form from the government office.  To play safe, you better ask the EMB again. King Arthur (Dr. Lee Kwok Cheung) always like to do whatever he likes because he may have an hallucination that he is the most intelligent man in the whole universe.

Regard.

12#
發表於 06-5-27 08:07 |只看該作者

Thanks, Alexlui.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題