用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 無線星期二檔案--18/4(Tue) 升中的嫁妝內的拼音班及補習 ...
樓主: sandycat
go

無線星期二檔案--18/4(Tue) 升中的嫁妝內的拼音班及補習班 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 06-4-22 12:44 |只看該作者

Re: 無線星期二檔案--18/4(Tue) 升中的嫁妝內的拼音班及補習班

多謝你地的介紹,遲D去睇
該用戶已被刪除

22#
發表於 06-4-22 23:06 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

23#
發表於 06-4-23 00:22 |只看該作者

Bluestar 寫道:
HuiTung / sandycat,

What sort of 拼音班 / 家長拼音班 was that ?
(I did not see it.)
IPA, Jolly Phonics, Letterland or what ????

http://www.ruthmiskinliteracy.co.uk/index.html

e Read Write Inc. programmes are being used with great success to support children of all ages who have been designated as dyslexic.

Our programmes provide teachers with step-by-step guidance, enabling them to teach children to read and write using a simple, logical and highly successful method.

The children learn:
to read effortlessly so they can put all their energy into comprehending what they read
to spell effortlessly so they can put all their energy into composing what they write
READING
The children:

learn 44 sounds and the corresponding letters/letter groups using simple picture prompts
learn to read words using sound blending
read lively stories featuring words they have learned to sound out
show that they comprehend the stories by answering ‘Find It’ and ‘Prove It’ discussion questions
WRITING
The children:

learn to write the letters/letter groups which represent the 44 sounds
learn to write words by saying the sounds and graphemes
write simple sentences
compose stories based on picture strips
compose a range of texts using discussion prompts

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4487734.stm

Phonics alive and well in schools  

Supporters of synthetic phonics report big improvements  
Many schools already use synthetic phonics - a method of teaching children to read advocated by a government review.

Some use it in combination with other methods - such as teaching children to recognise common words.

A report by former Ofsted inspector Jim Rose calls for all schools to teach children to read using synthetic phonics "first and fast", before the age of five.

Woodberry Down Community School in Hackney, London, has been teaching reading through a system of synthetic phonics for three years.

Head teacher Greg Wallace said the school had seen a marked improvement in children's reading and writing.

"It has made a dramatic difference to standards in Key Stage 1 (infants).

"We have the second highest percentage of children with free school meals in Hackney and some of the highest Key Stage 1 results for reading in the borough.

Greg Wallace says synthetic phonics has particularly helped boys  

"We are also above the national average for reading."

He said one strength of the system was that there were very clear rules, which made de-coding of words easy - and this was something which boys in particular had found useful.

"It has made a big difference to boys in particular. At Key Stage 1 this year boys did significantly better than the girls."

Mr Wallace puts some of the system's success down to building confidence in children. Before they are given a particular book to read, they will have been taught how to decode the words in it. And there is an emphasis on reading aloud in class.

His school has been using a synthetic phonics system called Read Write Inc., developed by Ruth Miskin.

Patricia Sowter, the head teacher of Cuckoo Hall School in Edmonton, north London, introduced the same system two years ago.

It has made a huge difference to standards of reading

Patricia Sowter, head teacher

Analysis: the phonics debate  

"It has made a huge difference to standards of reading in particular. We now have a 100% success rate at level four in Sats tests for reading, including children with special needs," she told the BBC News website.

A total of 31% of children at the school have special educational needs, she said.

"Almost half of our children have English as a second language and it helps them because it is a systematic approach to reading, writing and spelling."

Newcomers to the school who do not speak much English are put into "catch-up" programmes and small group work is used to bring children on at their own pace.

The head teacher believes the success of the system is also due to it being followed across the school, by teachers and learning assistants alike.

24#
發表於 06-4-23 00:42 |只看該作者

For all those parents who haven't watched the episode, pls try now.com.hk.
The program was not intended to introduce to parents those phonics courses or interest classes.  I think most parents are smart enough to understand that the program is trying to point out the 慘案.    What's the point of having to push your kids to finish the courses and get those certificates?  I also have two kids who are still in kindergarten.  I myself was graduated from one of the most renowned local girl school some 10 to 15 years ago.  I can't recall that I needed to attend so many interest classes like the kids have to nowadays.  I only had a grade 8 piano cert.  I would play the piano myself sometimes.  I never intended to push my kids to learn.  I myself started when I was in P2. Professionally speaking, there's no point to start too early.  Ultimately, you could finish the course if you are really interested.

When your kids grow up, the most important skills they need to have is interpersonal skills, the skill to influence others, analytical skills, and problem solving skills.  Without these skills, they would die.  I am quite experienced in recruiting senior staff in my workplace.  I find that people with over qualifications (e.g. 2 MBAs, CFAs, CPAs) are somehow unable to work out.  Merely pushing your kids to finish the so-called interest classes quickly in order to obtain the certificate will not help them in brushing up the above skills.  

25#
發表於 06-4-23 01:48 |只看該作者

26#
發表於 06-4-23 17:37 |只看該作者

Sandycat,  
Long time no see la

Some food for thought :

Has anybody ever considered which "phonics system" is being used / taught in those EMI primary schools which are reputed for good English ?

27#
發表於 06-4-23 20:31 |只看該作者

你又幾心水清架喎...梗係啦,過來人丫麻

Eddie&Sylvia 寫道:
This topic has been posted in here and in 初中教育.  It is very amazing to see that the responses from parents of the two groups are so different.   In this forum, parents are anxious to know which centres are providing the courses.  For those parents in  初中教育, they are sharing their painful experience.  Some parents are in a dilemma of whether to let their children to study happily or to 進補.

28#
發表於 06-4-24 23:37 |只看該作者

大家討論討論,無任歡迎!!

自己小朋友讀初小,又怎不知友這個年代的"十項全能高小生生活",我亦當然明白無線播出特輯的意義,所以在BK媽咪介紹看完特輯後,便已修改標題寫明是  "拼音班及補習班"。

自己看過特輯後和一些高小家長傾過,她們因要開始報分所以對補習班有興趣,因見那些老師好似做得好認真,所以幫人問,請問有沒有資料???

我小朋友讀初小,我暫只對拼音班有興趣,我並不會要個仔初小便死谷爛爛   ,來日方長......    

29#
發表於 06-4-25 09:27 |只看該作者

其實各師各法,無影響人,又無出不法手段,自己小朋友又接受,點谷又好,唔谷又好都無問題,

人地好成積唔好唔抵得,人地成績差又唔好落井下石,做家長大大方方,咁我覺無問題窩 !
Msma

30#
發表於 06-4-25 10:38 |只看該作者

係呢, 有冇人心水淸到知道嗰兩個小朋友係邊間小學讀?
我估係冇聯繫或直屬中學.......?
孩子需要鼓勵, 適當的稱讚和鼓勵,
會使他更努力去完成任務, 對自己更有自信.
在小朋友的學習過程中,父母的啟發與鼓勵是十分重要。

31#
發表於 06-4-25 14:37 |只看該作者

Re: 無線星期二檔案--18/4(Tue) 升中的嫁妝

Phonics is the study of the way in which spelling represent the sounds that make up the words. It involves:

(a) the learning of letter-sound correspondence;
(b) decoding of letters into individaul sounds; and
(c) blending of several sounds together to form a proper pronunciation.

In addition, children also learn the irregular Enlgish words, which strictly speaking, is outside Phonics.

Synthetic phonics is just a linguistic theory. It is not a teaching programme in itself. For our children's practical use, the learning of syllables, sight words and whole language are as important as synthetic phonics.

happyallthetime73 寫道:

有冇人知道佢地的拼音班如何 ?  他說他們是香港唯一教這套拼音 'Synthetic Phonics'.

該用戶已被刪除

32#
發表於 06-4-25 19:22 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

33#
發表於 06-4-26 09:20 |只看該作者

依家做小朋友真係辛苦, 但係做個盡責的家長仲辛苦啊!

34#
發表於 06-4-26 14:43 |只看該作者

我終於都check到間補習社叫咩名(明成教育xx), 佢地係將軍澳, 不過15:00後既時間full晒, 可以留名& Tel# waiting list..
不過我睇完尋日既星期二檔案, 覺得而家係香港教育制度下, 我地既下一代真係好辛苦!! :cry:  :cry:

35#
發表於 06-4-26 15:52 |只看該作者

唔該, happyallthetime

咁'基華'係咪好demanding? 屬band幾?
孩子需要鼓勵, 適當的稱讚和鼓勵,
會使他更努力去完成任務, 對自己更有自信.
在小朋友的學習過程中,父母的啟發與鼓勵是十分重要。

36#
發表於 06-4-26 21:38 |只看該作者

EstherCheng,

妳好勵害!我會轉告同學媽咪,代她們謝謝妳     
看她們會怎處理,因TKO都幾遠!

37#
發表於 06-4-26 21:45 |只看該作者

Hi Bluestar,

仔仔較初初返學時專心(正經)D嗎?

It's hard to eat!!!  
What is EMI Primary ?

Bluestar 寫道:
Sandycat,  
Long time no see la

Some food for thought :

Has anybody ever considered which "phonics system" is being used / taught in those EMI primary schools which are reputed for good English ?

38#
發表於 06-4-26 23:39 |只看該作者

Sandycat,

Of course not.  Still a big cloud and lazy as ever.
EMI - using Engl as major medium of instruction.
What is hard to eat ?
You mean the kids + their academic work ???

Still cannot do his homework independently, at least one of us must sit next to him.
But already slightly better in T2.
At least he knows what are tests, exams, dictation.
But want high marks without making much effort.  Impossible !!!

39#
發表於 06-4-27 16:35 |只看該作者

Hi bluestar,

I mean I don't know "EMI" ,so hard to eat!!! sorry ar  let you confused.

佢地D "中英Dictation車輪轉"都是hard to eat!!!

都是過了T2後才有明顯改善!

我個仔都是要"遙控"做功課,見佢好似停左,要問下佢"做梗嘜"=(等佢個靈魂返返離)。

test ,exam都是錯D不小心既野,唉"男仔"似乎都是要慢慢煲

40#
發表於 06-4-27 23:40 |只看該作者

肥肥地, 由朝到晚冇得停只可食一塊餅仔 個女仔讀馬頭涌官小 架 !! 見到佢功課/handbook !

另一個唔g.

[quote]
leeleelumlum 寫道:
係呢, 有冇人心水淸到知道
‹ 上一主題|下一主題