搜索
教育王國 討論區 拔萃女小學 面試表現更重要 拔萃女小學戴何天美校長 ...
樓主: HuiTung
go

面試表現更重要 拔萃女小學戴何天美校長 [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 06-3-24 18:29 |只看該作者

Re: 面試表現更重要 拔萃女小學戴何天美校長

Please note that this thread is just let BK parents express their views regarding the primary 1 in-take process of DGJS. There is no intention to compare the academic performance of various schools.

咁,下面呢段又點解釋,成年人,你怎能根据你之道聽途說,凭空設想,而去証明一係DGS無料到,一係戴何天美校長無料到,或两者都係呢。

Maybe 戴何天美校長 has to admit that DGS doesn't have an effective and good education system to help educating all the students to a similar high standard or 戴何天美校長 has to admit that she herself is not capable of selecting most of the top students during the interview although she gets a large pool of applicants for her selection.

Which senario is more close to reality or both ?

82#
發表於 06-3-24 18:33 |只看該作者

三分鐘係你講嘅!15分鐘係我講嘅!

就係咁多!

"Eton"成績全英最好咩?

83#
發表於 06-3-24 18:40 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

84#
發表於 06-3-24 18:45 |只看該作者

85#
發表於 06-3-24 18:48 |只看該作者

86#
發表於 06-3-24 18:49 |只看該作者

87#
發表於 06-3-24 18:53 |只看該作者

88#
發表於 06-3-24 21:31 |只看該作者

Unlike those elite local schools which will only put focus on those cream students resulting in great variations in the development between the top and the bottom students.

呢句先係你講既.
你唔使 repeat again and again 啦, 我亦冇興趣同你糾纏
Help me?! 我諗點都輪唔到你掛

89#
發表於 06-3-24 21:37 |只看該作者

Let me point out some facts about Mrs. Dai:

The students selected by Mrs. Dai have not yet reached F.5. DGS' public exam results have nothing to do with her.

Before Mrs. Dai took up the office as DGJS' headmistress, the P1 admission interview was conducted in English. That means unless the child was absolutely conversant in spoken English, there was no way she could get a seat in the School however smart she might be. Adopting a bi-lingual and non-discriminatory policy, Mrs. Dai opened up a new era by conducting the interview in Cantonese. As a result, many girls are admitted to the School even though they are weak in English. At the same time, Mrs. Dai has put herself under fire. Many parents accuse her of pulling down DGJS' English standard.

Has Mrs. Dai made the School more accessible to all? I would leave it to you to decide.

90#
發表於 06-3-24 21:56 |只看該作者

Agree.  No one forces you to apply in the first place.  

You should know at the very begining that the rule of game is Mrs Tai will determine whether she will select your daughter absolutely in her own way.  If you still join the game, wouldn't it be unfair to Mrs Tai that you say she is 'unfair' when you loose?     

Bluestar 寫道:
唉! 如果家長覺得間學校咁差,校長咁差,為乜重要替自己個小朋友報名 ?

鍾意送羊入虎口?

索性唔報,米間學校點好點衰,都唔關自己事,唔使為左間毫不相干的學校勞氣囉!!

91#
發表於 06-3-24 21:58 |只看該作者

Hear hear ...

critor 寫道:
Let me point out some facts about Mrs. Dai:

The students selected by Mrs. Dai have not yet reached F.5. DGS' public exam results have nothing to do with her.

Before Mrs. Dai took up the office as DGJS' headmistress, the P1 admission interview was conducted in English. That means unless the child was absolutely conversant in spoken English, there was no way she could get a seat in the School however smart she might be. Adopting a bi-lingual and non-discriminatory policy, Mrs. Dai opened up a new era by conducting the interview in Cantonese. As a result, many girls are admitted to the School even though they are weak in English. At the same time, Mrs. Dai has put herself under fire. Many parents accuse her of pulling down DGJS' English standard.

Has Mrs. Dai made the School more accessible to all? I would leave it to you to decide.

92#
發表於 06-3-24 22:26 |只看該作者

簽名被屏蔽

93#
發表於 06-3-24 22:28 |只看該作者

94#
發表於 06-3-24 22:32 |只看該作者

95#
發表於 06-3-24 22:33 |只看該作者

[quote]
stccmc 寫道:
BookloverJ,

有邊個報 DGJS 的家長唔知道每年有 2000人考, 每人得三分

96#
發表於 06-3-24 22:45 |只看該作者

Hi BookloverJ,

I would vote for the old method, at least it gave a more objective benchmark to all candidates, i.e. English proficiency.

I admit I don't really know anything about the old system.  As you sound more knowledgeable, I would like to ask - Did everyone get more than 3 mins in the good old days?  Was parents' background not relevant under the old system?  In what way is the old system more objective?  And, by the way, what is the "objective benchmark" you mentioned?  An universal English test?  Thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards,
warrrren

97#
發表於 06-3-24 22:45 |只看該作者

My point is just like what stccmc has said, 有邊個報 DGJS 的家長唔知道每年有 2000人考, 每人得三分

98#
發表於 06-3-24 22:53 |只看該作者

One thing I haven't mentioned. Ten years ago, parents were asked to disclose their annual income in the application form.

warrrren 寫道:

Was parents' background not relevant under the old system?

99#
發表於 06-3-24 22:55 |只看該作者

100#
發表於 06-3-24 23:30 |只看該作者

My daughter was rejected last year.  We see this as she is not as good as those being admitted.  Instead of blaming others, we respect the rule of game and choose to get her better equipped for the challenges ahead.  

This doesn't sound like a rational discussion and I'd better keep my month shut on this topic.  

[quote]
BookloverJ 寫道:
呢件連答費事.
都冇個有水平, judy 姐都不如
Leehoma, 有咁多咁既水平的sample, 完全prove your opinion
[quote]
FatWater 寫道:
My point is just like what stccmc has said, 有邊個報 DGJS 的家長唔知道每年有 2000人考, 每人得三分
‹ 上一主題|下一主題