搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 小朋友是為了什麼而讀書呢?
查看: 4027|回覆: 45
go

小朋友是為了什麼而讀書呢? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-3-21 10:23 |只看該作者

小朋友是為了什麼而讀書呢?

最近小朋友(P.1)很心散, 常常只顧玩耍不溫習功課, 我一時激動駡他說你不喜歡讀書就不要讀了, 你究竟是為了什麼而讀書, 他的答案是為了"考試", 在升上小一前他是個愛看書的孩子, 我相信我一年前問他同樣的問題不會收到這樣的答案,  我記得他考小一時有一個面試老師問我要為孩子選什麼樣的學校, 我想想後答說孩子是一個喜歡看書的孩子, 我不是要他讀什麼名校, 而是要他入一所能持續他這讀書興趣的學校, 今天他給我的這答案當然反映了我作為家長的失敗, 但實際也反映了香港教育的失敗處,  你們可否問問子女同一個問題看看答案又是什麼? 在現今的教育制度下讀書不是求分數又是為求什麼呢?

2#
發表於 06-3-21 10:46 |只看該作者

Re: 小朋友是為了什麼而讀書呢?

My kid will tell me she studies for her own good, for her future career.  Knowledge is an asset one will keep for life.  What kids said reflect the parents' attitude.  The kid is only P.1, what have you taught him then?

3#
發表於 06-3-21 10:50 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

4#
發表於 06-3-21 10:59 |只看該作者

小朋友是為了什麼而讀書呢?>>>

係對自己負責任而讀書............

5#
發表於 06-3-21 10:59 |只看該作者

He is now studying in SFA P.1, I know his answer reflected by attitude and my failure. Actually, I have taught him immediately why he should have to study, but may be all in principle, the fact is we are all in an exam oriented system. All peoples are in the same way, if you don't follow the trend, you will only be fouled. I know it's not a right way for him but I always pushl him to follow....  

王國長老

6#
發表於 06-3-21 11:15 |只看該作者

我祖母是個受過高深教育的人,
當年係佢同我睇功課的,佢講過︰
人點解要讀書呢?
比如你伯爺留好多錢比你,
但有人打劫,咩錢都無晒了。
又如果天災人禍,亦可令你一無所有。
但唯獨是學識,已在你手裡的,
沒人可能搶走,只要有學識,
縱然失去都可靠有學識找回來。

我覺得佢講得好有道理,我印象好深刻。
而家講起… 點解我無同個仔咁講過?
下次有機會,一定同亞仔講同一番說話,
講教細路,我亞嫲真係高我好多班。

7#
發表於 06-3-21 11:20 |只看該作者

Yes, test, exams... very tiring, not the kids, but the parents... Difficult for kids at P.1 to understand so much... So after a few years, I switch my kid to another school with less exam pressure (no need to revise), and she now enjoys learning much more, and also has better relationship with me!

8#
發表於 06-3-21 11:21 |只看該作者

我都偷到師喎......仲有乜名言呀????

麟媽媽 寫道:
我祖母是個受過高深教育的人,
當年係佢同我睇功課的,佢講過︰
人點解要讀書呢?
比如你伯爺留好多錢比你,
但有人打劫,咩錢都無晒了。
又如果天災人禍,亦可令你一無所有。
但唯獨是學識,已在你手裡的,
沒人可能搶走,只要有學識,
縱然失去都可靠有學識找回來。

我覺得佢講得好有道理,我印象好深刻。
而家講起… 點解我無同個仔咁講過?
下次有機會,一定同亞仔講同一番說話,
講教細路,我亞嫲真係高我好多班。

9#
發表於 06-3-21 11:30 |只看該作者

我小時候試過說我不想上學啦﹗當年我讀小二﹐發脾氣﹐告訴媽媽﹐你以後不用送我上學了﹐我不會番學啦﹗番親學都要考試﹐無聊得很。。。

當年我媽真的頭都暈﹐其實我分數都很高﹐所以很難說我是因為怕讀書而說不上學﹐最後﹐是一位老師這樣告訴我的﹕

天父給了你才能﹐無論你是聰明的還是學習有困難的﹐你都要發揮到最好﹐有時候﹐孩子或家長會說﹐其實自己或自己的孩子好聰明﹐只是不上進﹐這其實是逃避責任的說法﹐因為他們都沒盡力。

就是這樣﹐我想了又想﹐就沒事了﹗我想﹐其實父母的教育都有關係的﹐自此以後﹐我媽好像帶多了我去玩啊﹗記得有參加過鴨子團去看鳥﹐總之逢星期六日我都有得去玩啦﹐所以心裡上平行了點﹐就和上學沒衝突了﹗

10#
發表於 06-3-21 11:34 |只看該作者

et_0429
I fully understand how you feel. I have exactly the same problem with my kid this 2nd term. It is not that your child is not clever ... he still doesn't see why he needs to study all the time, and doesn't enjoy the studying process.In fact I spoke with my mother this morning and she told me that all kids have a different time table before they see the 'light'.ie why they want to do well in school and realise they can do it by working hard.(Assuming normal intelligence) AND she said a lot of kids who do well in lower primary actually burn themselves out by the time they reach secondary school and start to slow down. So I am also learning to be patient with her, keep up the interest but don't push too much if she is not ready to excel. Pls share if you have other ideas.

王國長老

11#
發表於 06-3-21 11:35 |只看該作者

佢老人家好好野架!
講D野好到point 都唔到你駁既。
兄弟姊妹打交嘈交成日都有架喇,
我地有次勁嘈佢又有法寶對付我地。

我地大嗰3個姊妹排排企,
佢叫我地一人伸一隻手出黎,
之後用力將我地其中一手指向後屈!
咁我地呱呱叫話好痛!
佢又話喇︰
屈吓隻手指都好痛咩?
咁如果隻手指斷了,不是更痛?
姊妹好似手足一樣,
折斷了好痛好痛,姊妹要互愛,
如果自己人都不同心,點得呢?
你地仲有咁多個細妹,如果咁樣,
人家要蝦你地容咩易?

自始我地姊妹好少嘈,可能怕被屈手指,
又可能是姊妹們都明白亞嫲所講既野。

Sindy 寫道:
我都偷到師喎......仲有乜名言呀????

12#
發表於 06-3-21 11:37 |只看該作者

et_0429 寫道:
He is now studying in SFA P.1, I know his answer reflected by attitude and my failure. Actually, I have taught him immediately why he should have to study, but may be all in principle, the fact is we are all in an exam oriented system. All peoples are in the same way, if you don't follow the trend, you will only be fouled. I know it's not a right way for him but I always pushl him to follow....  

SFA is indeed not soooo competitive.  (At least, it's better than many other traditional famous schools--the  school really tries to have a balance by giving the students many activities)

Sometimes, I even think that it's the parents, not the students in SFA, that get the pressure!    (You see parents complaining about the HW/content of dictation/teaching of grammar, etc)...

I've seen the books and the worksheets designed by SFA, the school really tries to incorporate as many ways of teaching method as possible. (You can see that the worksheets have a great variety of styles, and the teachers mark the students' writing very carefully).

In my opinion, it is the fluency of English as well as the students' sense of motivation that the school wants to nurture, and the school results are just by-products.

Take it easy! Try not to scare your child when he's only in P1.  (or if you wish, I can go to the bookstore and point out the books that SFA is using, then you'll see that the school is really "on track" among others.  This will certainly make you feel better!)

13#
發表於 06-3-21 11:52 |只看該作者

I think not only you but other students study in the same school has to go through this.  Only if your child is smart enough so he could spare the time to enjoy the leisure reading time.  You better adjust your expectation and your altitude so your son could adapt the system more quickly.

My child is not studying in your school.  But I found he likes reading when the school started to give them less homework.  Or I should say to let them finish most of homework at school, he could have more time when returning home for reading and studying.

14#
發表於 06-3-21 12:30 |只看該作者

我都學到野呀!

【因為不懂,所以要學懂;為了學懂,所以要學習】

15#
發表於 06-3-21 12:51 |只看該作者

我不覺得他的學校有問題, 因為學校都要按制度走, 只是整個教育制度的問題, 讀書是要講興趣的, 以考試為目的的教育政策是很難令他自動自覺去讀書, 但我不這樣做他又可能落後於人, 所以很矛盾, 好像Eng lit一科, 他不看學校給他的故事書, 但卻在看自己喜愛的故事書, 這樣孩子是無罪的, 兩本書同樣不是文學嗎?但因為這本要考, 我們做家長的往往叫他看這本吧, 明天要考的, 試問在這考試制度中有誰能超脫其外呢? 理論和現實往往是兩回事, 文學是用來欣賞的不是用來考的, 所以我想若要考, 便應多考課外知識, 我有一個朋友孩子在Singapore讀書他告訴我, 考試是沒範圍的, 什麼也會出, 所以高低分便要看你平日的知識累積了, 這不是一個更明智的教育制度嗎?

16#
發表於 06-3-21 13:07 |只看該作者

et_0429
exactly my sentiments. my child enjoys reading alot but not the longman textbooks. however because of regular tests and dictation which we have to prepare for(like your son, she can do v badly if we do not prepare) we have less time for her to read .but the education system in HK keeps children busy all year round with tests, exams and dictation and drilling, we have less time to explore and create.How to strike a balance, I do not know.

17#
發表於 06-3-21 13:27 |只看該作者

et_0429:
剛考完試, 點解重咁愁? 應該可以放鬆至六月再戰江湖. 我個仔跟你位公子同校, 不過高年級一些. 平日都好多時間睇課外書. 小一唔慣好正常, 去到二三年級, 會好好多. Vernique2005 講得好O岩, 家長真係要放鬆D. 我覺得上學的一個好大的目的係學習團隊精神, 所以個小朋友愛學校好重要.

18#
發表於 06-3-21 14:04 |只看該作者

SFA真是一家好好之學校,如果你懂好好運用其特點,你一定不會有壓力:

1.全年只有幾次考試計分,测驗不多且不計分,所以平時側側膊算啦,唔使咁上心。
2.考入去嘅,都應有咁上下水平。在外面考全級前一、二名的,插班進去,有的還追到氣咳。基於此原因,就算考得不好,也不用太心焦。

平時不用計分,考得唔好又有好借口安慰自己,所以,我都唔明你咁紧張幹甚麼?如果係我,只要孩子完成功課就行了,平時不温習、不補習,剩下的時間拿來讀書和玩仲好。

我一時激動駡他說你不喜歡讀書就不要讀了, 你究竟是為了什麼而讀書, 他的答案是為了"考試"

小學一年級啫,問咁深嘅问題?我反而覺得佢答得幾好,够真,証明佢仍很可愛,未讀死書。如果好似Sindy 咁答: “為自己負責任而讀書”,咁你仲警,因為他連答案也是背書的。

19#
發表於 06-3-21 14:18 |只看該作者

麟媽媽 寫道:
佢老人家好好野架!
講D野好到point 都唔到你駁既。
兄弟姊妹打交嘈交成日都有架喇,
我地有次勁嘈佢又有法寶對付我地。

我地大嗰3個姊妹排排企,
佢叫我地一人伸一隻手出黎,
之後用力將我地其中一手指向後屈!
咁我地呱呱叫話好痛!
佢又話喇︰
屈吓隻手指都好痛咩?
咁如果隻手指斷了,不是更痛?
姊妹好似手足一樣,
折斷了好痛好痛,姊妹要互愛,
如果自己人都不同心,點得呢?
你地仲有咁多個細妹,如果咁樣,
人家要蝦你地容咩易?

自始我地姊妹好少嘈,可能怕被屈手指,
又可能是姊妹們都明白亞嫲所講既野。

麟媽媽,

我那两隻又成日打交,仲起飛脚,等我回家屈吓佢隻脚。

20#
發表於 06-3-21 14:23 |只看該作者

我有一個朋友孩子在Singapore讀書他告訴我, 考試是沒範圍的, 什麼也會出, 所以高低分便要看你平日的知識累積了, 這不是一個更明智的教育制度嗎?

在新加坡讀書, 壓力不會比香港輕. 考試沒範圍? 即使是大學生, 再加 Open Book, 都未必可應付. 考試題目儘量不死板, 能引發學生思考及提出論點, 已是十分成功的學習及考試模式.
和孩子每天一起看點閒書的時間是很重要的, 每天即時溫習所學, 我想也很重要, 兩者不是對立的, 而是相輔相成的, 多一點鼓勵, 讓孩子明白考試只是評估學習成效的其中一種工具, 盡力而為即可.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題