搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 St Paul Co-Ed. Primary 聖保羅男女小學 家長
查看: 7612|回覆: 36
go

St Paul Co-Ed. Primary 聖保羅男女小學 家長 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-3-9 11:04 |只看該作者

St Paul Co-Ed. Primary 聖保羅男女小學 家長

My son will start P.1 with St. Paul Co-ed. this coming Sep., I understand that the 2 primary schools(Macdonell Road and Kennedy Road) will be combined to one school in 2008, can someone please share information about the curriculum as the schools begin to merge ?

Any advice on how to choose extra-curriculum activities is also much appreciated as there are so many choices. Cheers.

2#
發表於 06-3-9 21:44 |只看該作者

Re: St Paul Co-Ed. Primary 聖保羅男女小學 家長

Hi llmummum

Can you tell which kinder does your son study now?  And how's the mode of interview of St. Paul Co-ed.?  Please share your experience.  :

3#
發表於 06-3-9 22:05 |只看該作者

Dear llmummum,
I want to know too.  Can you share with us?  Thanks a lot.

4#
發表於 06-3-10 10:20 |只看該作者

I understand that the school will first sort the applicants according to their "marks" first ie in the application form questions will be asked if you are "related". The "related" candidates will be interviewed first, normally in Oct. Other applicants, like in my case, will be sorted according to the time we submitted our application.

In the first round, the applicants will be grouped into small groups of 5-6, the kids will play some games, educational toys, do some paintings etc. (They change activities as they wish) The kids will be assessed by a teacher after playing for approx. 30 minutes. The kids will then be taken to a waiting room to wait for their chance to meet with the principal. Next the kid will be asked to sit in the corridor outside the principal's room. The kid will go into the principal's room when she is ready. Conversation with the principal will be conducted in Cantonese, it lasted roughly 5-10 minutes. Your child should feel comfortable talking to a stranger in a confined room one-on-one. There seemed to be no standard questions except like "What is your name?" and "How old are you?"

Second round interview in Nov. and BOTH parents need to be there to meet with the principal together with your child. You may need to wait. It would help to bring something along to keep your child "entertained" during the waiting period. Conversation with the principal was very friendly and casual, no standard or tricky questions in my case.
This year has about 2000 applicants for the 2 primary schools, I believe each school selected 56 students for their two P1 classes.

The school normally conducts parents briefing session in Sep./Oct., I encourage you to attend if you are interested to apply. Please go early too as the traffic will be terrible on that day, Macdonnell Road will be jamed with cars and people.

5#
發表於 06-3-10 10:28 |只看該作者

Steffanmama already gave a detail feeback, my experience was almost the same. Just want to add that the interview process was actually quite pleasant, not the waiting part though, as long as our child enjoys it. Therefore, my advice is do not give too much pressure to your kid. It's tough given limited space but take it easy!     

6#
發表於 06-3-10 13:27 |只看該作者

steffanmama,llmummum,

Could u share with us what sort of questions the headmaster asked during the 1st and the 2nd interview?
Moreover,did she ask the kids questions during the 2nd interview? Or only asked parents questions?

Thanks a lot!

7#
發表於 06-3-10 15:54 |只看該作者

For the first round, there really was no specific themes or questions being asked. I don't know why but you will soon find out that many kids are not too willing to share/talk after the interview. My son only disclosed that he and the principal talked about the astronauts.

The second round is mainly a meeting with the parents. However, your child needs to sit in and answer questions directed to him. Probably it is best if the child can behave during the 20-30 minutes meeting and "agree" with the parents.

8#
發表於 06-3-10 16:12 |只看該作者

llmummum,

What did the Headmaster ask you and your child in the second interview? I just want to have an idea.

Thank you very much!

9#
發表於 06-3-10 16:27 |只看該作者

She was very nice and there was really no specifc topics discussed. I remember she asked my husband and I how do we share our time with our son, she talked about our son and the school. It was really a very pleasant 30 minutes meeting for us. She will direct the questions to your husband or you so that both of you need to participate in the conversation.

10#
發表於 06-3-10 21:55 |只看該作者

Hi steffanmama

Thank you very much for your precious experience.  Hope your kid can enrol the school sucessfully.

When do you get the result ?   

11#
發表於 06-3-10 22:40 |只看該作者

llmummum,

Don't worry about the curriculum. P1 school work is not that hard. Here's a previous topic for your information.

CLICK>>>有冇子女讀緊St. Paul Co-ed 的家長? 入嚟傾吓!

12#
發表於 06-3-13 04:09 |只看該作者

Thanks a lot for your sharing!

13#
發表於 06-3-13 09:05 |只看該作者

steffanmama,llmummum,

would you mind telling us which school (Mac / Ken. Rd) did your child applied ?

14#
發表於 06-3-13 10:57 |只看該作者

My son will start P1 at Mac. Road.

Thanks for directing me to the previous discussions on this topics, it's very useful and am happy to learn that  comments are in general so positive.

15#
發表於 06-3-13 11:12 |只看該作者

chinmama,

thanks for sharing!     

16#
發表於 06-3-15 10:44 |只看該作者

Understand that the school encourages parents' participation, in addition to lunch time mom, reading mom/dad and PTA, any other activities parents can help? What about working mom like me, how can one help?

Thanks!

17#
發表於 06-3-15 16:22 |只看該作者

steffanmama 寫道:
What about working mom like me, how can one help?

Thanks!

Hi steffanmama,

I am a working mum too.  We can join ad hoc activities the whole year round, e.g. school outing, fun day, etc.  There are also talks for parents where you can meet other parents and the school staff.  

18#
發表於 06-3-17 10:52 |只看該作者

Dear gogochurch,

Please advise if we parents get to choose what activities we prefer to help out? Will our participation have any impact on our child's performance at school?

Cheers & thanks,

19#
發表於 06-3-17 11:40 |只看該作者

20#
發表於 06-3-17 12:05 |只看該作者

My daughter is also going to SPCC this coming Sep as P1 student, I haven't heard anything from the school since registration, is this your case? please advise.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題