用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Do you afraid your kid did not know the Chinese lang ...
樓主: play
go

Do you afraid your kid did not know the Chinese langage when they study Int [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 06-2-23 13:38 |只看該作者
Re: Do you afraid your kid did not know the Chinese langage when they study Inte

[ 本帖最後由 CherylMum 於 09-11-16 08:42 編輯 ]

22#
發表於 06-2-23 16:11 |只看該作者

Re: Do you afraid your kid did not know the Chinese langage when they study Inte

CheryMum,

Oh, You hired a private home tutor too?  No wonder your daughter is doing so well but of course with your proper guidance.  How lucky she is!  You know, pinyin is not easy with those accents, I am always confused with that.

If you have anything you could share with your teaching techniques, please try to drop a line here! Thanks!    

23#
發表於 06-2-24 10:01 |只看該作者

[ 本帖最後由 CherylMum 於 09-11-16 08:43 編輯 ]

24#
發表於 06-2-24 10:46 |只看該作者

CheryMum,

How interesting?  She is so diligent.  I hope I can follow your way of teaching Chinese.  Let's see if I can start this approach today, and will let you know soon.

Thanks!   

25#
發表於 06-2-25 00:02 |只看該作者

I'm concerning about this matter now also!
My son is 1.5 yr old, I'm thinking whether should I choose a int'l kg for him. My husband perfer int'l school also since he also thinks it's easy to study CHinese in HK but can't study a good English accent here (only if u go to int'l school). But after you guy's suggestions maybe I have more confident to teach him and make him like to learn chinese too. Besices, I dun like the education system in HK. maybe he can learn more actively and happly if in int'l school!

26#
發表於 06-2-25 09:59 |只看該作者

[ 本帖最後由 CherylMum 於 09-11-16 08:43 編輯 ]

27#
發表於 06-2-25 11:08 |只看該作者

CherylMum: Thank you so much for sharing your valuable experience in teaching your daughter Chinese at home!
Do you think starting to teach Chinese word recognition at age 3 with my son is the right time?

28#
發表於 06-2-25 17:45 |只看該作者

[ 本帖最後由 CherylMum 於 09-11-16 08:44 編輯 ]

29#
發表於 06-2-25 18:14 |只看該作者

CherylMum: Thanks again!

30#
發表於 06-2-25 23:47 |只看該作者

Thanks Cherrymum!

31#
發表於 06-5-4 21:16 |只看該作者

CherlyMum

Tks for the sharing. Can you share more about when to start the method ? And, how about your systematic way of teaching 部首?

I have read the book writting by 胡雁 and thought it was = Glenn Demon approach. Since my kid does not like the GD approach, I did not persist on using the method since he was 2 yrs old.  How and when did you start?  GD suggests AS YOUNG AS POSSIBLE approach.  From your sharing, it seems not really and all subject to the kids' interest and progress. No need rush and introduce such too early.

What is your view on this?

THANKS!

CherylMum 寫道:
The method is like that:

You put the words you want to teach your kids in some cards.  You teach her five new cards every time and ask the kid to recognize and pronounce the words.  When the kid gets familiarized with the new words, you can add five more new cards.  But you still need to keep on revising the old cards for him.  The book mentions in detail on how to arrange the old cards for the kid's revision.

I myself have further modified this method a bit.  I have incorporated 全語文教學法 which is recently promoted by some Chinese educators.  In gist, I will teach my daughter a story (either through CDs or through my home tutor).  After my daughter can recite the story, I will select the words from the story and put them in the word cards.  That's how my daughter can recognize some high frequent but difficult words, like 還, 也....

My daughter is gaining confidence in Chinese.  In the past, she refused to read any Chinese story which she thought is too difficult.  But now she knows she can read the Chinese books by herself and she even requested to read one last night!!

Besides following the book of 胡雁, I am also teaching her 部首 in a systematic one.  I also teach her write Chinese sentences instead of just Chinese words.  She is gaining interest.  Last night, she requested me to buy her a Chinese writing pad, and this morning, she wrote half the pages out of her own initiative.  She can make up some simple sentences by herself, e.g. 我會拍球, 我吃水果.

My daughter is in ESF P1 (i.e. equivalent to K3 of local schools given her age), but I am sure that her Chinese reading level is above the standard of local schools P1.

[quote]
Vrindavan 寫道:
CherylMum

can you tell a bit of the author method ?

Thanks a lot
[/quote]
Buzz.. Buzzz... Buzzing Bee Let kids read more 讓孩子多閱讀! CLICK HERE to find bookstores 去哪裡找書?? Mainland Book Indx A Mainland Book Indx B *PART 1 , PART 2* *星加坡童書收獲*由一名可笑、瘋狂、自大無比和幼稚到極名作家寫的公開信 我的回应-->P. 223 of HERE Steps to Post Image 1. Right click on the image you want to copy 2. Choose 內容 3. If the url shown in the 內容 pop-up menu is ended with 'jpg' or 'gif' (maybe other image formats will do too), it is an image url. 4. Copy the url 5. click 'IMG' of BK message menu bar, paste the url into the pop-up box 6. click 'ENTER' Then the image will be shown in your message.

32#
發表於 06-5-5 11:57 |只看該作者

[ 本帖最後由 CherylMum 於 09-11-17 15:58 編輯 ]

33#
發表於 06-5-15 23:29 |只看該作者

Totally agree!  Phonics are not so difficult for the kids to grasp.  Besides, there are far more English classes than Chinese classes in HK.  

So I have put my daughter in local school instead of international school although I don't like the local system neither.

Chole

CherylMum 寫道:
Patbee,

Chinese is much more difficult than English.  Learning Chinese is very very difficult.  Each words are completely different, and you have to learn the strokes when writing.  For English, if the kids can grasp phonics well, she will find it very easy in writing and reading.  

Chinese is a completely different story.  Though I have confidence that I can guide my daughter in reading Chinese, but really don't think she can grasp the language well.

So, if your husband only wants your kid to have good English, no need to choose international schools.  There are many other options.

Like me, I have studied in local schools all through my school life, but I still think my English is good....better than my Chinese at least!

34#
發表於 06-5-17 14:23 |只看該作者

35#
發表於 06-5-17 14:24 |只看該作者

Dear CherylMum,

May I know where can buy the Chinese Flash Card and the誦詩識字.  Thank you very much!!

36#
發表於 06-5-17 14:34 |只看該作者

[ 本帖最後由 CherylMum 於 09-11-17 15:59 編輯 ]

37#
發表於 06-5-18 10:11 |只看該作者

Dear CherylMum,

Thanks a lot.

38#
發表於 06-5-19 10:29 |只看該作者

Chole 寫道:
Totally agree!  Phonics are not so difficult for the kids to grasp.  Besides, there are far more English classes than Chinese classes in HK.  

So I have put my daughter in local school instead of international school although I don't like the local system neither.

Chole

Chole,

I think international school is not mainly for the purpose of learning English, I believe its teaching approach is more an important factor for consideration vs traditional local schools.   Now there are also some new local schools able to implement the approach used by IS, rather than being just EMI schools.

39#
發表於 06-5-22 11:16 |只看該作者

40#
發表於 06-5-22 11:17 |只看該作者

WYmom 寫道:
I think international school is not mainly for the purpose of learning English, I believe its teaching approach is more an important factor for consideration vs traditional local schools.   Now there are also some new local schools able to implement the approach used by IS, rather than being just EMI schools.

Dear WYmom,

Can you kindly name the new local schools implementing the IS approach?  If you prefer, please PM me.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題