教育王國 討論區 課外活動 my daughter's piano teacher
發新帖
查看: 1072|回覆: 5
go

my daughter's piano teacher [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-2-15 01:13 |只看該作者

my daughter's piano teacher

She is quite OK and patient, however,  almost once a month (or sometimes less than) she will say that she cannot come on the day scheduled (e.g. sick, some family affairs....) and if I ask her to come on other day in the same week, she can only come after 8pm.  Also, it seems that she is not very aggressive comparing with those teachers I heard.   i.e. for the past one year, she never mention when will my daughter can take any piano examination (even I think she is just around grade 1).   My husband keeps requesting me to change another one and complaining our daughter's progress (he didn't know much what she has learnt but want her to take exam asap, even it's  grade 1 exam.  he said at least our daughter and we could know what is her REAL Level and ability.   )

I hesitate to find a new piano teacher coming to my house..due to safty and quality reason.   So, does anyone know if Tom Lee teacher is good (I don't mean those for JMC course)  Pls share your comment

2#
發表於 06-2-15 12:58 |只看該作者

Re: my daughter's piano teacher

其實呢.. gd1 真係考唔考都罷
同埋如果你真係想囡囡考試, 可以同老師商量一下
另外, 除左考試之外, 亦有好多方法可以知道小朋友去到乜野水準, 比賽/表演etc, 有好多好多途徑都可以做到

個人立場, 考一次試, 要用成甘不多成年時間去彈果3首歌, 學得好既小朋友就話可以同一時間彈下其他歌, 唔得果d, 麥又係變左一曲走天涯, 所以, 考試唔一定可以反映到小朋友既程度, 只可以反映彈3首考試歌既程度; 既然花甘多時間, 彈唔到其他歌, 變相小朋友學少左野, 甘點解唔俾多d耐性同時間彈多d其他歌呢?

至於學琴時間方面, 如果你覺得個老師好, 你又好想個女繼續跟佢, 甘佢真係俾你after 8pm 你都無佢辦法架啦; 同埋如果係小朋友請假要安排補堂, 甘老師又唔可以調原先有學生既時間, 甘真係幾難就架。

諗清楚, 應付husband 既complain 緊要, 定係個囡既study 緊要d, 同埋係唔係真係要轉老師 。

3#
發表於 06-2-16 23:15 |只看該作者

kcarol,

many many thanks for your reply and advice.   you gave me very good points to re-consider..i might show your reply to my husband who can understand more about what is a piano examination

thanks again.

4#
發表於 06-2-17 00:09 |只看該作者

ahk019
唔好客氣啦, 個個都希望小朋友快快趣趣考到8級, 最好仲可以考到"丁丁"聲, 但有時真係唔到我地呢d旁觀者急, 依家慢唔緊要, 最緊要依家既慢係可以contribute 去將來既快同solid foundation, 甘呢d慢既時間就唔會係白花既

5#
發表於 06-2-17 10:47 |只看該作者

dear ahk019,

i think you should discuss with your husband :
1) why do you two want your daughter to learn piano ?
2) what quality (qualification and personality) do you want for the piano teacher ?

i agree with kcarol "gd1 真係考唔考都罷", for me, i'll spend more time on student's fundamental technique and if he/she wants to have examination, we go straight ahead to grade 2

exam is only ONE of the benchmark for students (please tell your husband), if you really know about the progress of your daughter, you can ask the teacher to tell you as an experience teacher can tell which grade (approximately) and things a student learn in different stages

i understand every parents want children to learn as quick as possible and achieve good results, but i think your daughter is just new beginner (?), please give her some time or she may feel pressure and hate piano

wish your daughter love piano and learn better and better day by day ~  

6#
發表於 06-2-18 00:11 |只看該作者

vk1101,

thanks for your advice too.   actually, my daughter completed the JMC course one year ago.   we want her to receive a more formal piano training.   i will communicate with both my husband and the piano teacher this week. yes, we don't want my daughter getting any pressure, i'm sure once she learn more under a happy atmosphere, she will love piano more and more and be more confident
‹ 上一主題|下一主題